PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of MMATS speakers?

bolt01
07-12-2006, 06:44 AM
dureing my vacation in hawaii i decided to go to this popular car audio shop and wanted to see what products they had to offer. I noticed these speakers called MMATS which i havent heard before and asked the salesman if i could listen to them. They only had the MMATS coaxials in the soundroom so i decided to listen to them. I would say that these were probably one of the best speakers i have ever heard. the salesman compared them to the alpine type X components and some MB quarts (not sure what model) and i thought that the MMATS coaxials sounded way better. from what i was told the MMATS coaxial and component speakers are made in germany and the MMATS subwoofers and amplifiers are made in florida. Just wanted to know what you guys thought about MMATS speakers in general?

Rochambeau
09-05-2006, 06:02 PM
I know it's some time after you posted, but see this thread:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170895

fujio001
09-17-2006, 10:29 PM
This is pretty weird, I must have just been to the same shop in Hawaii. Today I had an opportunity to hear the MMATS C 62 coaxials. They had them for $180 a pair. Now that sound like a pretty expensive pair but I have to say I was extremely impressed with the overall sound quality of the set. It was far better in my opinion relative to the all the other components on the wall including the top end diamond audio and higher end MB Quarts.

I could not believe the depth of sound considering they are coaxials. Given their sound quality, $180 is really not all that unreasonable.

Anyone else with experience with MMATS??? Such good sound quality from a company no one has really heard of...

Hoodlum007
09-17-2006, 10:56 PM
i know Mmats makes top notch amps but did not even know they made coax speakers

95stroked1500
09-18-2006, 04:04 AM
they've been around for years. i'm surprised not more people heard of them. very stout products. mmat's is where john henry jr (of treo) ran their gear before treo was founded.

flakko
09-18-2006, 04:07 AM
didnt mmats start out as a washer/dryer company? lol

Towncar
09-18-2006, 11:34 AM
When their subs worked, they sounded real nice, but the local shop had waaaay to many problems with their speakers. They would blow easy, and the tinsel leads would always come off. My friend had to take his subs back 3 times in 1 year because of this. Switched to the jbl gtis, and problem solved.

fujio001
09-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Sounds like a pretty bad case of quality control. Nevertheless, they do sound great. I am looking to fabricate some pretty intricate door pod/panels. I wonder if I can get some DIY speakers such as Dayton reference to sound better.... Hmm......

Any other thoughts or expereinces with MMATS speakers?

tcotten
09-23-2006, 01:04 AM
yea those mmats are amazing

bri487
09-26-2006, 02:11 PM
they've been around for years. i'm surprised not more people heard of them. very stout products. mmat's is where john henry jr (of treo) ran their gear before treo was founded.

i think the way it was is a few guys were all in it together then they seperated into their own companies that we know as treo, dd, and mmats.

PhatTonyDeMarco
09-26-2006, 02:18 PM
When their subs worked, they sounded real nice, but the local shop had waaaay to many problems with their speakers. They would blow easy, and the tinsel leads would always come off. My friend had to take his subs back 3 times in 1 year because of this. Switched to the jbl gtis, and problem solved.

He must have been doing something wrong...

Mmats makes tough, durable products that will last as long as they are taken care of. Their amps are second to none, putting out more than their rated power and being hella efficient. I have owned multiple subwoofers from them, from the P3 to the Juggernaut, and all have performed well beyond my expectations. The Dreadnaut and the Juggernaut are insane SPL drivers, capable of taking thousands of watts over their rated power in burps (over, and over, and over again :))

As for their coaxes, I can not comment because I have never used them. But, knowing the company well, I would say they should outshine much of their competition ;)