PDA

View Full Version : speaker suggestion, budget: 200-260

jacka
07-12-2006, 02:42 AM
looking for some new component speakers. i'm just going to run them passive. currently have the diamond d361, looking for something with more color, ability to get loud, and smooth but still louder than the d361. also, i dont want them to drown out from my dual d6's, i'm giving them 1600 watts. i'm most likely going to run them with about 132 watts RMS, from the d3 400.2. listen to mostly rap, but i'm not a bass head kind of rap listener (it joys me to be able to hear the difference in notes in songs), more SQ oriented with the ability to get loud. as stated, budget is 200-260. well, those are all my preferences, hopefully some suggestions chime in. i've looked at, SLC, Crystal Mobile SSCS6, and CMX (a bit outta my price range).

konechiwa
07-12-2006, 11:20 AM
i believe everyone will say the Rainbow SLC's. Pm 6spdcoupe

goodrich
07-12-2006, 05:18 PM
i believe everyone will say the Rainbow SLC's. Pm 6spdcoupe

X2

jacka
07-14-2006, 05:00 PM
i'm trying to find out what the cmx beats the slc's in and what the slc's beat the cmx's in. i was told that the loudness of the slc's is comparable to my d3.

superdooperman
07-14-2006, 05:31 PM
i'm trying to find out what the cmx beats the slc's in and what the slc's beat the cmx's in. i was told that the loudness of the slc's is comparable to my d3.

big difference in sound between the CMX and SLC from what Ive heard/read.

The CMX uses a aluminum cone for the woofer and the tweet is titanium if im not mistaken. Titanium tweets usually tend to be on the brighter side, some people enjoy that, others (like myself) find them to make ears bleed after time.

I would assume the CMX line has more power handling capabilities then the SLC's, so im sure they would get louder, but is louder better?

Ignatowski
07-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Crystal

jacka
07-14-2006, 06:58 PM
how does the tweeter sound on that? smooth, bright, natural? how about the midbass? natural? sharp? punchy?