PDA

View Full Version : Rockford Fosgate VS Lightning Audio

blackhawk
07-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm replacing the front speakers in a 2000 Grand Am SE, and am debating between the $90 Rockford Fosgate Power series 4x6 or the Lightning Audio 4x6 for $40. I want to know which sounds better for the price, and if anybody could help me decide it would be appreciated.

dleccord
07-10-2006, 04:12 PM
search. go to crutchfield, they might have reviews on this

Prowler573
07-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Have you listened to them side-by-side?
Having heard neither set personally I would say that only your ears can tell you what sounds best toyou rather than us deciding for you...

blackhawk
07-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Actually, I believe that I was doing as most people with questions about speakers do: ask others. With more popular brands of speakers you're bound to encounter people that have experience with certain speakers and thus can give insight on performance and quality. I think that I am buying the Rockfords because they have clearer highs and can handle more power if I decide to add an amp further down the road. It's impossible for me to listen to them side by side as the place I'm buying them from disabled their listening station and the second nearest "audio" store is a Wally World in aother town. I think that I can trust the judgement of the owner's son, since he has won statewide bass offs in his day. I don't mean to sound rude in this post but I see plenty of people asking about speakers and looking for comments, and they receive them most of the time. Surprisingly neither of the speakers were on the review site. Prowler, I mean nothing against you and I respect you from what I've seen on here, it's just that I rarely see people turn away without commentary on at least one set (although I've only been lurking for a few days, there have been plenty of question posts). Think what you will.

ETA: I don't trust my ears all too much, I'm tone deaf and have lost some hearing through accidents with fireworks. Plus, I'm not experienced enough to fully know what quality sounds like. In my town, sound quality is all about how many subs you can fit in your trunk, they pay no attention to front stage or anything.