PDA

View Full Version : Solved my speaker problem...

ninjatek
07-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I had a previous post where I was debating faulting my sound stage for the sake of addition volume.. I have decided against it (forum logic settled in) and took another route to get the additional SQ and volume that I wanted... I GOT A NEW HU!!

I picked up an Eclipse 8445 and it has made a world of difference with my system. I was previously using a basic Sony explod HU that can be bought at walmart. It had 1 volt preouts and pretty mediocre sound quality. Since I installed the Eclipse, the sound is richer, doesnt distort as easily, and I am getting much better sound staging thanks to the timing features on the deck. The 8 volt preouts really help. I am pretty satisfied with the sound for what I have. The midbass I was complaining about not having is there now. Currently I am running Focal 130v2 components up front and Infinity Kappa 6x9's in back. I am pushing both pairs with an70x4 rms Alpine amp. The kappa's are more effecient and handle more power, so I do have to fade to the front a bit to balance the sound stage, but it sounds good nevertheless.

In the future I plan on getting a 3way component set to replace my focals, (looking at the rainbows). I would bridge the 4 channel amp into 2 channels to push the 3 way and run the 6x9's off the HU.

ItalynStylion
07-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Dude, im building a similar system and im looking at the Eclipse 8445 too. How much did you get yours for and where?
Im going to have Focal165V1's run by a PPI 600/4 thats 75x4RMS(see sig)
How well do those infinitys blend with the focals as far as sound congruency? I havent decided on a rear stage since i dont have anything installed yet...

ninjatek
07-08-2006, 06:36 PM
i think the infinities sound pretty good imho. considering i bought them 3 years ago and almost left them in my old car... i opted to try them out in my new car to see if they would keep me satisified and save me some money, and im pretty happy with them... with everything balanced out (fading), they overpower the focals. I have to fade the system to the front to balance it out.

i paid $350 at a local dealer instead of getting it cheaper online.

ItalynStylion
07-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Ive found the 8445 for $298 online so i think i might get it. I cant get it near $350 in my area so i think it would be worth it with free shipping too :)

ninjatek
07-08-2006, 09:20 PM
isnt there a custom sounds in texas?