PDA

View Full Version : box tuning question X_x

NoRemoteNoTV
07-06-2006, 09:30 PM
hey everybody, Im looking to build a new box for my sub and I think its tuned too high....mtx decided with this box they didnt want to including the tuning specs, and it gets too low for the box at times, I would have no problem building another box but Im also looking to add in another sub so I want to get the tuning where I like it before Im building 20 differnt boxes

my sub displacement is .19ft^3 and the port displacement is .39ft^3

mtx also has 2 box plans a 1.75ft^3 box thats tuned to 35hz and the other box plans I used that are 2ft^3

dont know if u need this also but it has a fs of 36.4hz

anyways thanks for you time and tell me what u think I should tune it to, depending on what its tuned to I was thinking either 32hz or maybe something as low as 27-28hz

sorry the image is so big....

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/NoRemoteNoTV/MTXbox.jpg

NoRemoteNoTV
07-08-2006, 03:00 PM
please could somebody just help me out with the tuning, Im really looking forward to building a new box thats tuned lower, and my luck Ill end up building a box tuned thats just about the same as this one...once I find the tuning I like I want to buy another sub....so if somebody could please figure it out for me.....I can tell Ill never use plans without tuning again

NoRemoteNoTV
07-09-2006, 02:14 PM
one last bump before I leave it how it is and just build a 2nd one...