PDA

View Full Version : Need help hooking up Harmon/Karmon receiver

boomintahoe
07-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Many of you remember that I had bought a really nice Harmon/Kardon home receiver model # AVR-240. This thing is a monster and so far I like it. However, I'm having difficulty hooking up the other components to it such as my cable box, I got Comcast dig cable, and DVD recorder. I got a 53" Panasonic rear-projection big screen TV. I got many outputs on the back of the receiver and have tried the diagram given with the unit as far as hooking up other things but didn't work. Perhaps someone on here with a similar model or like than can steer me in the right direction.....not having surround sound at the moment *****.

mikey060
07-06-2006, 08:54 PM
i have an avr-130....but i dont really know what you are having problems with

boomintahoe
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
I knew I left out something. The 3 main colors on the back of the receiver are red, green, and blue. I also have red, white and yellow to work with, on the back of my tv and cable box. So....I have no idea which 2 colors go with to pair up. I just tried a few mins ago and got a weird color picture from the DVD player.

Bolognablake
07-07-2006, 12:17 AM
The green-blue-red cable is a Component Cable. They have them at just about any retail store that sells electronics. They're good from 480p-1080i.

On your DVD player, look through the manual. You will need to switch the output from interlaced (standard) to progressive when using the component cable.

Now the screen won't be red, and you'll have a 480p picture, which will look better too.

joetama
07-07-2006, 12:30 AM
If you have "RED WHITE AND YELLOW" those aren't all video... Only yellow is red and white is audio....

I can't believe it doesn't have composite so double check that those are the only hook ups....

If that is true though, still run the composite from the Receiver to the TV.... If you receiver converts... Mine does but I don't know about that HK...