View Full Version : Can I do this? (sub question)

07-06-2006, 05:26 AM
Well I blew my Polk PSW350 (for the 3rd time) this past week, and want to build something more powerful and louder.

I have an extra Infiniti 10.1 Perfect in great shape just sitting around. can I buy a stronger replacement amp like this: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=300-804,

and then hook up my Infiniti inside the existing box from the PSW 350?

The internal volume of the box is within the range the sub calls for, and so is the power level of the amp. I just wasnt sure if car subs work the same way home subs do. It is 4 ohm, and SVC, so I dont see why it wouldnt. I'm sure it would sound alot cleaner and louder than the cheap paper speaker that the Polk came with.

Any suggestions?

07-06-2006, 09:41 AM
What I understand is that you want to take an existing sub enclosure and pull the factory sub and amp and replace it with higher quality ones?

Yes, you can do that.

07-06-2006, 09:58 AM
It would sound better than the blown Polk. You might want to think about just building a box for the Infiniti.

07-06-2006, 10:15 AM
the U is right... might as well build a box for the sub instead of trying to match a sub to the box

07-07-2006, 12:26 AM
I would agree that it will sound better.... But it would prolly be a good idea to build a new box for it....