PDA

View Full Version : Two 15" In trunk, trying to convince my friend to replace his 2 sealed with 1 ported

amartin_72
07-06-2006, 02:43 AM
My friend currently has 2 newer sealed kicker CVR's in a 5 ft sealed box.
He never really likes to play his system that loud, but he does like the sealed edge on SQ. For power he had kenwoods biggest amp shich claimed CEA 1100RMS at 1 ohm but hes never sending them more thatn 4-500

My plan is to offer him giving me one sub and building him a 4.8ft box with 2 6 inch areo ports for his trunk. He had dynamat and 4 guage Big 3.

What do you guys think? Will he be impressed do you think? My last box i sold turned out awesome, much louder than the previous box they had for 2 R's. I hav also built probabl 25 other boxes for mine and other setups.

springy101
07-06-2006, 02:48 AM
My friend currently has 2 newer sealed kicker CVR's in a 5 ft sealed box.
He never really likes to play his system that loud, but he does like the sealed edge on SQ. For power he had kenwoods biggest amp shich claimed CEA 1100RMS at 1 ohm but hes never sending them more thatn 4-500

My plan is to offer him giving me one sub and building him a 4.5ft box with a 12" areo port for his trunk. He had dynamat and 4 guage Big 3.

What do you guys think? Will he be impressed do you think? My last box i sold turned out awesome, much louder than the previous box they had for 2 R's. I hav also built probabl 25 other boxes for mine and other setups.
it would be impossible to doa 12" aeroport in that small of a box, do you know how long it would be to get tuning to aroud 30-40hz with that much port area?

amartin_72
07-06-2006, 02:59 AM
I know i changed my extreme loud box plan to dual 6's flared in a 5ft box at 34hz and i truly think that higher tuning helps rock and real non synthetic music sound better.

lebomb
07-06-2006, 11:03 AM
From what it sounds like........he likes SQ more and will probably be horrified by the loudness and overhanging BOOM of the ported box. JMHO