PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone

youngone1221
07-04-2006, 02:53 AM
hey everyone i was wondering if i could get some feedback on people putting dynamat in there sub enclosures or some great stuff. :)

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Ok think this one through for me...

WHY would you want to DEADEN the sound coming from the enclosure? WHY?!

Does that sum it up for you?

youngone1221
07-04-2006, 02:59 AM
i just got the answer i needed thanks anyways

snb778
07-04-2006, 03:14 AM
ok ok... has anyone ever seen this done.... You know the stuff they use on truck beds..that black stuff to protect it....anyone ever seen that used on an enclosure???

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 03:40 AM
ok ok... has anyone ever seen this done.... You know the stuff they use on truck beds..that black stuff to protect it....anyone ever seen that used on an enclosure???

yes, I used it, and loved it. It doesn't slide around, although bolting in always helps. It looks nice in cars with dark/darkish interiors, protects the box fairly well and in theory could add some strength to it when applied think. it can also be purchased from local car auto places, or even walmart in some places so you can do it yourself and test it yourself.

Live and learn by trial and error.

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 03:41 AM
IF that was even a serious question. I detected sarcasm. But hey, that was probably youngone's next thread.

helotaxi
07-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Ok think this one through for me...

WHY would you want to DEADEN the sound coming from the enclosure? WHY?!

Does that sum it up for you?Wouldn't have an effect anyhting like that. Wouldn't help or hurt anything really just a waste of time and Dynamat.

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 03:54 AM
Wouldn't have an effect anyhting like that. Wouldn't help or hurt anything really just a waste of time and Dynamat.

Oh I see. Enlighten me, the non enlightened one who attempts to enlighten.

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 03:57 AM
Oh I see. Enlighten me, the non enlightened one who attempts to enlighten.

Oh wait, I'm rethinking this... the dynamat would only be effective on say... your doors, for deadening the sound waves that hit it. So, that means, I don't know if i'm correct here at all, since there isn't sound waves coming from INSIDE the box it wouldn't do anything?