PDA

View Full Version : how do they arm between Viper 330V &791XV or any dei

guy022077
07-03-2006, 03:10 PM
I want to keep my factory remote and alarm/keyless entry but i want to add an alarm, dei does have oem intergration on the viper330v and i want to know what the 330 does that the 791xv doesnt do when it comes to arming the alarm. I know the 791 remote is cool but i dont want to carry it. If i get out of a stock car and "they" see this remote on me "they" will think i have something worth stealing. and i get the surpise factor when they show up unprepaired to deal with whatever alarm i have. or feel free to recommend some other alarms that are good for my application....its a VW by the way 03 with immobilizer

ssj2xxgotenxx
07-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Do you look @ peoples keys when they get out of their car? Didn't think so. Who does that anyways?

guy022077
07-03-2006, 06:12 PM
thanks idiot, so youve never seen a key or key chain with keys on it that didnt belong to you,is that correct?

Blunt
07-03-2006, 06:15 PM
i know of alot of cars with nice rsx 3.5's and 791's liek my sunfire with factory everything but some frotn speakers. i use it for the remote start for the old lady

guy022077
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM
any info on differances in how they arm? can i use the lock pulse of my stock system to trigger the alarm?

KaeZoo
07-10-2006, 11:06 PM
That's basically the way the 330V works. It gets connected to the door lock motor wires so it will arm when the door locks, disarm when it unlocks.

guy022077
07-11-2006, 07:31 AM
That's basically the way the 330V works. It gets connected to the door lock motor wires so it will arm when the door locks, disarm when it unlocks.
yes but can i trigger the 791x the same way?

hoss
07-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Do you look @ peoples keys when they get out of their car? Didn't think so. Who does that anyways?
you know, i know its not the answer you are looking for, and sorry, no i cant answer your question...

but i agree with this statement. thieves are not smart people, they dont look at a persons keys when they are thinking about stealing something... unless they spend a day or two before hand studying you, your behavior, and your car. in which case, they are going to get it anyways, no matter what you do. but the average smash and grab guys, or the ones that wander through a parking lot looking for something to steal, they arent going to look at your keys to see if you have an alarm...

guy022077
07-11-2006, 08:10 AM
YOU know,i read you guys sayign that ^^^^ but even people that dont konw me here at work that i get her before and leave after have noticed my key and ask about my car. at one time or another,so i figure if normal people do it then so will crooks...knowing what alarm you have is half the battle of disarming it....and i dont want to carry 2 key fobs either.. Thanks anyway but i guess ill have to think of something else then.

KaeZoo
07-11-2006, 08:28 AM
If you're asking whether the 791xv can arm/disarm with the factory remote, then no, it can't.

guy022077
07-11-2006, 08:33 AM
If you're asking whether the 791xv can arm/disarm with the factory remote, then no, it can't.
well that is what i am asking,but more to the point is there something i can trigger with the factory alarm that will arm the 791?

Vestax
07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
well that is what i am asking,but more to the point is there something i can trigger with the factory alarm that will arm the 791?

No there isn't. However, you can get the 791 to do passive arming which will arm your car after the door closes after a period of time.

guy022077
07-11-2006, 10:16 PM
No there isn't. However, you can get the 791 to do passive arming which will arm your car after the door closes after a period of time.
that is just as good....thank you

hoss
07-12-2006, 02:21 AM
that is just as good....thank you
how you gonna disarm it without the remote :)

ravendarat
07-12-2006, 02:27 AM
Actually you can do arm and disarm using the factory remote but its a bit of a hassle. What you do is take a companion remote for the 791 and actually solder onto the trigger wires on the remote. Then you hook the triggers up to the locks. That way when you hit the lock button on the factory remote it pulses the trigger on the remote you buried in the dash same goes for unlock/disarm. You can use a step down circuit to power the remote off the car so you dont have to worry about the battery dieing and you can hook up the activation input on the remote starter to the lock wire in the car and set the brain for double pulse so when you hit the lock button twice it will start the car. You can also bury the antenna under the dash so you wont see it either, after all you only need like 12 inches of range from the modified viper remote to the viper antenna under the dash.

ssj2xxgotenxx
07-12-2006, 04:33 AM
you know, i know its not the answer you are looking for, and sorry, no i cant answer your question...

but i agree with this statement. thieves are not smart people, they dont look at a persons keys when they are thinking about stealing something... unless they spend a day or two before hand studying you, your behavior, and your car. in which case, they are going to get it anyways, no matter what you do. but the average smash and grab guys, or the ones that wander through a parking lot looking for something to steal, they arent going to look at your keys to see if you have an alarm...

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not trying to come @ you like an hard *** or anything, but you're right about thieves noticing you because of your alarm. Just the other day I heard someone disarm their alarm, and I knew instantly it was a Clifford RSX 3.5 just by the way the alarm chirps. Another feature that the newer alarms come with that attracts alot of unwanted attention is the autostart feature. I turns plenty of heads, and in some cases, it's heads you don't want turning in your direction. I think it's good that your concious to the different variables that contributes to theft. I just hope you didn't take my comment in the wrong way. In the end, an alarm can only do so much. It's a deterent @ best, and frankly, people don't come to your cars aid when they hear an alarm. It just annoys people when your alarm is disturbing the peace.

guy022077
07-12-2006, 07:50 AM
how you gonna disarm it without the remote :)
doesnt it have or cant it have that switch so i get in the car and hit the switch then use my key to start it. likle some of the old vipers...valet switch or something. It was there so if your remote bat died you just open with key,hit switch then start car.

guy022077
07-12-2006, 07:55 AM
comment in the wrong way. In the end, an alarm can only do so much. It's a deterent @ best, and frankly, people don't come to your cars aid when they hear an alarm. It just annoys people when your alarm is disturbing the peace.
very true it is a deterent,but thats all i want is a deterent, if they show up in a tow truck they will get the car,i just dont want someone having all the time in the world to steal all my stuff without being seen/heard by someone/me.

thanks ravendarat that is a great idea.....i dont like having the remote in the car.but im sure i can work out a good hiding place.now to buy and alarm....thanks again folks

KaeZoo
07-12-2006, 10:34 AM
doesnt it have or cant it have that switch so i get in the car and hit the switch then use my key to start it. likle some of the old vipers...valet switch or something. It was there so if your remote bat died you just open with key,hit switch then start car.

Yes, there will be a valet switch that lets you disarm it without the remote. But the alarm will be going off while you do this...from the time you open the door, until you can put the key in the ignition, turn it, and press the valet switch, the alarm will be sounding.

If you're dead set on using your factory remotes to control the alarm, then the 330V is the obvious choice. What feature does the 791xv have that you want, that the 330V doesn't have?

guy022077
07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
i was told i couldnt have as many sensors and options if i got the 330... i want the usual ie. glass break,shock,chirp warn away,the immobilizer if you rip the brain out the car cant be started anyway....blah blah blah...multiple sirens etc... i dont know what on an alarm to base what it can and cant control on. I read here all about the 791 and everyone has more then i want on it so i thought i would change...

KaeZoo
07-12-2006, 01:08 PM
i was told i couldnt have as many sensors and options if i got the 330... i want the usual ie. glass break,shock,chirp warn away,the immobilizer if you rip the brain out the car cant be started anyway....blah blah blah...multiple sirens etc... i dont know what on an alarm to base what it can and cant control on. I read here all about the 791 and everyone has more then i want on it so i thought i would change...

Okay...

Both models have pretty much the same inputs for sensors. They both have a 4-pin sensor port, positive and negative door trigger inputs, and an instant trigger input. However, the 791XV has an external shock sensor, which plugs into the 4-pin port. The 330V has a shock sensor built in, so the sensor port is available for another sensor (like a glass break or field disturbance sensor). So the 330V actually has the edge there.

Both have 2-stage sensor capability so you'll get the warn-away chirps. Both models have a starter kill option BUT it's an "active while armed" type--disable the brain, and you'll disable the starter kill.

The advantages of the 791XV are:

-Long range, 2-way remote, which you won't be using.
-More auxillary outputs to control more external devices (not to be confused with sensor inputs). Since you're limiting yourself to factory remotes, you won't be using these either.
-Remote start included. You can get an add-on remote start module and use it with the 330V, if you want it.

If you absolutely don't want to use the aftermarket remote, then the 330V is a much better choice for you.

guy022077
07-12-2006, 01:11 PM
thats what i came up with in the first place,untill i didnt see anyone with it...... and i did have
More auxillary outputs to control more external devices (not to be confused with sensor inputs) mixed up....thanks...im ont too worried about starter kill since i have immobilzer built into the car.....thanks for the help...loooks like the 330 is still the way to go