PDA

View Full Version : infinity kappa speakers

NoRemoteNoTV
07-02-2006, 01:14 PM
I was checking out the infinity kappa line because they have some good power handling on their speakers for cheap prices, and right now Ive got the 6x9 ref. in my car but they are slightly too deep to fit my subwoofer box under them, so I was trying to find out if the kappa's were slightly less deep (I really doubt it) but anyways when I was looking into them I saw that they are running them at 2ohms, and Im not totally sure about the whole 2ohm thing cuz doesnt 4ohms provide cleaner sound on speakers? anyways if somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated, thx for your time

EDIT::

could somebody just tell me what would be the difference of running 4ohms to 2ohm on my speakers, cuz right now Ive got around 70 watts availble for a 4ohm load on a 4 channel amp

ninjatek
07-02-2006, 05:40 PM
my kappa 6x9's are huge. i doubt they are any smaller than the references.

springy101
07-02-2006, 05:51 PM
there is no sound difference between different ohm loads. lower ohms means less resistance which means more power can be provided (well not exactly but thats the best way i can explain it right now) and almost all amps are stable at 2 ohms stereo so yes you could use the 2 ohm speakers and hook em up the exact same way your old speakers and they would see more power.

NoRemoteNoTV
07-02-2006, 07:28 PM
alright thanks guys for your help, I might see about removing the plastic mouting thing that is in my trunk because it originally had bose speakers so everything was indiviually amped and everything so everything had its own mounting/box thing

and when I was talking to some people about ohm difference on subs this is what they said, so I figured on speakers it made a difference

4ohm = less distortion
1ohm = more distortion... but you cant tell because its such a low freq.

not low frequency... (frequency is measured in hertz) frequency response is not directly affected by ohm load. I believe what you meant to say is that its soo low that its inaudible.

NoRemoteNoTV
07-04-2006, 12:13 PM
bump

just incase anybody has more info about what they are talking about for ohm load...