PDA

View Full Version : Maybe absurd idea...but need to know if possible

digital mint
07-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I have an XXX15 and i want to know if i can build a box with ports shooting directly in the hole of my rear fill. I mean like like using ABS pipe from the box to the rear fill holes?

squeak9798
07-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Yes, you can.

The port does not have to be contained within the enclosure. They can extend beyond the enclosure....just be sure to consider that when doing the enclosure calculations however, since the port will be taking up less volume within the enclosure itself.

Anyways....this has been tried and done many times before.

digital mint
07-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Thanks squeak. Am i ending up with a smaller box? I'd like to keep the same tuning as i have in my sig.

Also what i'm trying ultimately is to get more bass to get in the cabin. I have a sedan and closed trunk.

squeak9798
07-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks squeak. Am i ending up with a smaller box? I'd like to keep the same tuning as i have in my sig.

Well, with less of the port within the enclosure, you could build an enclosure with less gross volume. If you kept the port length the same, and net enclosure volume the same, the "new" enclosure would have less gross volume and hence be physically smaller in size.

Did you want to keep the volume and tuning the same, or only the tuning?

digital mint
07-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Yes same size and same tuning. Now as far as box plan i guess i'll have to ask someone to draw me one. I wouldn't know how big the port holes would have to be lol. Thanks squeak now i have a new project that i can explore! (just hope it's worth it at the end or notice a diff!) Cheers.