PDA

View Full Version : Check out wut I might get next week

DubbDesigns
07-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Check it out, looks pretty cool. :yumyum:

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-106129.cfm

Prowler573
07-01-2006, 06:35 PM
CARB Approvals Pending OFFROAD USE ONLY NOT LEGAL FOR USE ON PUBLIC HIGHWAYS - will fit NISSAN ALTIMA 01,00,99,98,97,96,95,94,93, 2001,2000,1999,1998,1997,1996,1995,1994,1993,
:clap: good job

DubbDesigns
07-01-2006, 06:41 PM
:clap: good job
Heh, I live in a small little hick town where everyone drives around on fourwheelers, which are not street legal unless you are within like 2 miles of your farm or something like that

DubbDesigns
07-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Offroad use only must mean that it's good ;)

Prowler573
07-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Offroad use only must mean that it's good ;)
Nah :laugh: Only that one or another regulation that any given automotive product has to comply with for legality for use on public roadways hasn't been satisfactorily met.

I was only giving you static earlier, friend. ;) Both my headlight bulbs and my driving lights were very clearly labled Off Road Use Only on their respective packages. Think I care? Nope. Until I start getting tickets for it I cannot see myself caring anytime soon, either. ;)

DubbDesigns
07-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Nah :laugh: Only that one or another regulation that any given automotive product has to comply with for legality for use on public roadways hasn't been satisfactorily met.

I was only giving you static earlier, friend. ;) Both my headlight bulbs and my driving lights were very clearly labled Off Road Use Only on their respective packages. Think I care? Nope. Until I start getting tickets for it I cannot see myself caring anytime soon, either. ;)
Lol

Yeah, almost every neon product you get says for offroad use only, however people still drive by cops with them on. Our cops around here don't really care what you do. As long as they don't get complaints.
Not like imma get pulled over and he checks under the hood. Even if he did, he wouldn't know that it's for offroad use only

IrTehL33T@DBeez
07-01-2006, 09:22 PM
oooo weapon r yea thats the bomb, right up there next to apc. :rolleyes:

how bout this champ, explain why it is you want a short ram and not a cold air intake style and why you picked that brand? is the the claims they make, or the fun pictures, maybe just the fact that the name has R?

pickup1
07-01-2006, 09:29 PM
i had a 93 altima and had a jim wolf filter on mine.it was nice,sounded great and only cost $100.
like this,but did'nt cost as much.http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/customer_part_detail.asp?PartID=352

DubbDesigns
07-02-2006, 01:22 AM
oooo weapon r yea thats the bomb, right up there next to apc. :rolleyes:

how bout this champ, explain why it is you want a short ram and not a cold air intake style and why you picked that brand? is the the claims they make, or the fun pictures, maybe just the fact that the name has R?
Or just the fact that I can only find two brands CAI/Short ram. Hotshot or weapon R. The reason I am going with the Secret weapon rather than the dragon, or hotshot, its because the SW is the most expensive of the two, and I figured that since you get what you paid for applies to most other applications, it would apply in intake systems as well.
If you can point me towards a better intake that will fit my car, please do.

IrTehL33T@DBeez
07-02-2006, 04:56 AM
Or just the fact that I can only find two brands CAI/Short ram. Hotshot or weapon R. The reason I am going with the Secret weapon rather than the dragon, or hotshot, its because the SW is the most expensive of the two, and I figured that since you get what you paid for applies to most other applications, it would apply in intake systems as well.
If you can point me towards a better intake that will fit my car, please do.

well i just noticed your thread about the check engine light, i'd say get that settled first. sorry bout soundin like a jackass in the first post i just tend to do that sometimes. theres probably not That many bolt on choices for that car, but as far as a general idea... for filters, most people agree that the highest flowing (but often minimal filtering) are the mushroom shaped style (ie hks super mega flow) however i've noticed a general consenus that a very good flowing and filtering is the apex'i like the one shown in the first few pics on this page: http://mkiv.com/techarticles/apexi_air_filter/index.html it is however a pretty expensive filter. as far as the ducting, pretty much a short ram style is designed for an intake air volume increase which is suited mostly towards top end power, like high rpm horsepower gains, probably a higher peak number. cold air intakes are generally the longer tubing which is geared towards increased air velocity and that generally helps out the the lower to mid rpm range and helps with a lower end torque numbers a little more rather than the peak hp numbers.

heyman421
07-02-2006, 05:09 AM
if you're shooting for performance, i'd go with a drop-in k&n cotton air filter

better flow, and a lot cheaper.

most cars come from the factory with airboxes that have cold air snorkels on them, and flow more than enough cubes to satisfy far above your stock hp, and definitely more than your factory intake manifold and heads.

depending on how your engine sounds (some sound amazing, a la vr6, while some sound like a$$) you could get it for the sound, since the factory intakes have mufflers on them (the actual airbox) but i would find a forum where people have experience with upgrades for your particular car, and find out if it's worth while. I know with most vw models (minus i believe the 1.8t) there's actually a DECREASE in performance with most upgrade air intakes, FYI.

And offroad use only just means they didn't PAY the EPA to test the product and approve it, not that it couldn't pass. Some states actually DO enforce those laws, i know in some parts of california, if they impound a car for drag racing, they inspect the car, and tack on fines for any upgrade part not specifcally approved by the state for public roads.

*edit* it's not the EPA that has to approve it, i can't remember who it is. Companies have to pay to have their products tested, tho.

saywhat?
07-02-2006, 10:05 AM
well i just noticed your thread about the check engine light, i'd say get that settled first. sorry bout soundin like a jackass in the first post i just tend to do that sometimes. theres probably not That many bolt on choices for that car, but as far as a general idea... for filters, most people agree that the highest flowing (but often minimal filtering) are the mushroom shaped style (ie hks super mega flow) however i've noticed a general consenus that a very good flowing and filtering is the apex'i like the one shown in the first few pics on this page: http://mkiv.com/techarticles/apexi_air_filter/index.html it is however a pretty expensive filter. as far as the ducting, pretty much a short ram style is designed for an intake air volume increase which is suited mostly towards top end power, like high rpm horsepower gains, probably a higher peak number. cold air intakes are generally the longer tubing which is geared towards increased air velocity and that generally helps out the the lower to mid rpm range and helps with a lower end torque numbers a little more rather than the peak hp numbers.

u really have no clue do you.

dru
07-02-2006, 10:12 AM
^^he actually knows what he talkin about

why do you want a "performance" filter anyways? the best itll actually do is add a mere 10 hp even if that.

Ignatowski
07-02-2006, 10:33 AM
that looks like a waste of money......

Silver
07-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Don't waste your money on that. Upgrade some parts on the engine first so it is accualy necessary to buy one.

dru
07-02-2006, 12:38 PM
especially with 4 bangers too

unless you have the v6

however, 4 bangers going the naturally aspirated route is just plain out retarded

for power with a 4 banger going forced induction is teh way to go

DubbDesigns
07-02-2006, 03:45 PM

??? Not my thread? Unless you are referring to a post I made a long time ago, but I no longer have that problem

IrTehL33T@DBeez
07-03-2006, 03:21 PM
ooops you were the responder to that thread not the starter of it, i'm new at the internet

theCybe
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I know with most vw models (minus i believe the 1.8t) there's actually a DECREASE in performance with most upgrade air intakes, FYI.

x10, x232

EuroTuner or whichever Euro mag I picked up at the airport one day had a big intake shootout, and guess what; Stock airbox for the win. That was over Iceman, AEM, and various other pricey brands.

2LouDFoRThiS
07-03-2006, 04:38 PM
nice

heyman421
07-04-2006, 01:43 PM
especially with 4 bangers too

unless you have the v6

however, 4 bangers going the naturally aspirated route is just plain out retarded

for power with a 4 banger going forced induction is teh way to go

now THIS depends on the car....

honda engines can get NASTY fast n/a

those heads flow bazillions of times more airflow than you could ever need, especially the vtec engines

i saw a white si with weber carbs (no cai here :) ) and that thing was FAST.

some engines just can't flow enough air to get fast n/a

in 100% of cases, tho, it costs a TON more $$/hp to stay n/a, no matter what the engine is, it's squeezing blood from a stone, some stones just bleed a hell of a lot more than others

springy101
07-04-2006, 01:51 PM
i not into the whole car performance upgrades that much so can someone tell me what n/a means? does it have to with the engine and drivetrain like ff, fr, etc, or is it completely different

theCybe
07-04-2006, 02:11 PM
n/a means Naturally Aspirated. This has to do with how air gets into the cylinders (before compression, combustion, and ultimately exhaust.) Most cars are naturally aspirated.

f/i means Forced Induction. A turbocharger or supercharger, or even nitrous fall under this category - Forcing air into the cylinders before compression.

cheapo
07-04-2006, 02:12 PM
HKS mushroom filters are def. the worst filters ever if you want a good one buy an apexi filter. They have a site testing a few and hks was the worst and apexi was the best.

theCybe
07-04-2006, 02:13 PM
i saw a white si with weber carbs (no cai here :) ) and that thing was FAST.

In Ohio?

Belongs to Jeremy Otulo from SlowMotionMotorsports, I believe.
Used to live a few doors down from me, saw him zippin' around a couple days back.