PDA

View Full Version : CRossover help

Trey803
07-01-2006, 04:02 PM
I was told that I need to mount the crossovers that came with my SLC as close to the speakers as possible. Is this true? I was planning on putting them beside the amps behind the seat of my reg cab truck.

mtdewelf
07-01-2006, 04:04 PM
doesn't matter

squeak9798
07-01-2006, 04:14 PM
They do not need to be near the speakers. Back near the amplifier will work just fine.

Gary S
07-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Mount the tweeter right next to the mid.

The crossovers can go wherever you like.

Trey803
07-02-2006, 01:18 AM
I didnt mount them next to the mid is this a problem. I hooked everything up and moved the tweets around until I found what sounded best to me which happened to be very high on the door panel about leval with the side mirros and pointed at me.

alphakenny1
07-02-2006, 05:12 AM
in general is better to put the tweet as close to the mid as possible for a couple of reasons.

1) music IMO is more coherent and full when the tweet is close to the mid. i had my tweets on the dash and moved them into the kicks hence bringing them closer to the mid. tonality wise, the music was more full. i heard voices that i never heard before when they were on the dash.

2) i say the majority of the people run a passive setup and are running their components with a two channel amp. one channel for left and one channel for right. so if you mount the tweets in the a-pillars and mids in doors then you have different path lengths from you to tweet and you to mid. and if you possess t/a on your HU you can only delay the left side only and cannot delay the left mid and left tweet. that's why bi-amping is better because you can have more control (attenuation and t/a wise).

But I would play w/ some areas before settling on a spot. try pillars, dash, doors and kicks. just bust out the good ol' velcrow.

GSteg
07-02-2006, 02:06 PM
in general is better to put the tweet as close to the mid as possible for a couple of reasons.

crossover :p: