PDA

View Full Version : spare tire enclosure help

BATman
07-01-2006, 02:19 AM
sup guys i'm going to be doing a spare tire fiberglass enclosure, but i wanted to know if anyone has a step by step process on how to do this ive seen some pics of how to do it on other areas of the trunk but not spare tire space, is it simillar to the others, i've worked with FG many of times but not on this kind of project. also how big will it have to be, i'm putting a 12w6v2 JL sub. thanks for any info.

BATman
07-02-2006, 06:13 PM
ok willi found a process on how to do it in the spare tire but i still need to know how big the enclosure will need to be for a single 12w6v2 any ideas?

ravendarat
07-02-2006, 06:24 PM
Are you gonna seal or port the enclosure? Usually I make the enclosure as big as the wheel well allows it, then afterwards Ill use either the water or packing penut method to determine the total airspace in the box. Then I just use blocks of wood to take up airspace inside the box to get it down to the right size. As for total size, just check JL's site and it will tell you the recomended airspace.

neonrt
07-03-2006, 02:56 PM
not on topic but i love your sig^^^^^.

BATman
07-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Are you gonna seal or port the enclosure? Usually I make the enclosure as big as the wheel well allows it, then afterwards Ill use either the water or packing penut method to determine the total airspace in the box. Then I just use blocks of wood to take up airspace inside the box to get it down to the right size. As for total size, just check JL's site and it will tell you the recomended airspace.
it going to be sealed, and last question for now, do i add water after i finish the entire box or just for the wheel well?