PDA

View Full Version : Kumho Ecsta Supra 711 tires

Decipha
06-30-2006, 11:54 PM
I ordered a set that came in mardi gras day, I've only put 3500 miles on the car since then and now one of the tires are detreading... i sent a message to the company I ordered them from hoping they send me a replacement but anyway I went to a tire shop today and the guy working there told me thats a common problem with that model tire and they see it all the time... do you think I should get a free tire from the company i got it from? I ordered the tires as a complete set with my rims less than 6 months ago

dbhittin
07-01-2006, 04:42 AM
those tires ****, ive used them a few times and same with friends.. there like kumho's cheapest performance tire

Prowler573
07-01-2006, 04:45 AM
They're fine on dry ground, in my experience. They are abyssmal in the wet. :crap:
I run Hankook Ventus Sports now and they are a much better tire :fyi:

Did you purchase any kind of road hazard coverage with the tires? If not good luck getting it replaced free...

wj94
07-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Pirelli Zero Nero M&S > *

duckfart
07-01-2006, 03:44 PM
I had those 711 in 215/40/17 on my integra and the same thing happend. Now I have some Hancooks and are better and cost the same. The hancooks also look nicer.

Decipha
07-01-2006, 03:59 PM
yup had coverage the company i got them from is ****** great their customer service is ****** beyond belief, get this, they are paying for shipping both ways and are replacing all 4 tires with brand new yokohama avs sport all i pay is the difference in price for the wheels which is $344... not bad aye???

btw the new tires will be mounted and balanced

www.customwheelsdirect.com

^^highly recommend

IrTehL33T@DBeez
07-01-2006, 05:35 PM
cant believe how many people go with those kumho's or the ecsta supra 712's, same thing.... you might notice its always the free tires with the rims you buy, theres a reason for that, cuz they're cheap pieces of ****, people never wanna fork over the cash for a decent set of tires cuz they figure well, its rubber and round so its all the same.

Tirefryr
07-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I have the 712s on my car. They were on there when I bought it, and new, so no need to replace. They've lasted me 5 years, and I have NEVER had a tire last this long and take this amount of abuse. Anyways, been through countless burnouts and 90mph on-ramp blasts with ZERO problems. MY buddy has the same tires and they are great on his truck. MY father has some Kuhmos on his GT, and my brother just recently bought some for his, and we have had great results with all the tires. I suspect you either got some from a bad batch, or are ordering from a shady company that is selling re-treads instead. All our tires have been purchased from the Tire Rack, and for the price, they are really tough to beat.

IT's now time to purchase new rubber, and IF I were to stay with a cheap tire, the Kuhmo would be my choice.