PDA

View Full Version : Help with box for F-body (camaro/trans am)

Rawb
06-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok i know i know, not a good vehicle to build any type of system in but its what i have and im stickin with it...i purchased a prefab box for 2 12's off ebay... .75mdf of course not 5/8 and roughly 1.25sqft ea. side. I did this cause im lazy and why not get somethin already the general shape i need. re sealed the inside and now im stuck... was gonna run 12w6v2's but had depth issues so i switched to 12 w3v2's. now my problem is that i really want a ported box i like them more i listen to more rap then anything but lots of everything in all reality i just love bass. this is a daily driver im going to go for max spl while retaining decent /good SQ. I know i have many limits but i have no problem chopping this box up to add space or change it in any way. Its the tipical camaro box from ebay. I have the tools and ability to do whatever need be to fab the box to better specs. I am not sure on the sub/subs ill be going with yet but i have been thinking maybe Diamond D9's, something RE would be awesome and i could afford it but i dont know if it would be worth it due to the limitations i have with the vehicle and inability to make a ported enclosure. Other options are JL w3v3's and any maybe even assassin's i really dont mind as long as its a quality speaker. Obviously i would love to leave the box alone and boom toss it in with some subs and get a great result but i wanted to see if theres anything i can do. I have searched for years looking for new tricks or awesome fbody audio set up's... there is simply nothing there... I dont have much fiberglass experiance but some with my old boats... if need be i could glass it... would rather not but i could... i have many amps right now layin around from old school zapco's to old school US Amps.. i am not concerned with power issues. I will do the big 3+ bat and probably an alt no matter how much power i run... So i guess my question is what type of sub should i look into for this space sealed that i already have? or... what should i do about this space... chop the box and re design? maybe add and a bit of space to it/glass it up... and i just dont know... help please... never had a vehicle so long without a setup and getting tired of rollinwith two stock speakers left in it waiting for my install....thanks in advance...

Rawb
06-30-2006, 04:39 PM
lol no one even sare look at this thread eh?

Rawb
06-30-2006, 05:56 PM
bump??? wrong place? should it be in the subs area? i know everyone who reads this area goes to the subs as well so come on... a stab in the dark? anyone to maybe consider messaging ? i would even take a "f-body + system = ftl" post at this point...come on i cant sit here forever with a thumb up my butt.... it starts to hurt after a while and im not really into that stuff...

Rc 415
06-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Theres a f body 3rd gen forum that has the perfect specs for the well box, I used the plans and the box fit perfect, but I forgot the link.

Rc 415
06-30-2006, 08:13 PM
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/car-audio/341086-subenclosures-com-done-now.html

Rawb
06-30-2006, 10:42 PM
thanks for the ref but i forgot to mention its a 4th gen, 98 WS6

Rawb
07-01-2006, 02:50 PM
lol and i had thought i came to the place of all car audio knowlage that could solve any issue... ttt ? ??? bump ?? anyone ? ?? please ? ??