PDA

View Full Version : 01' Audi S4, 04' G35 Sedan, 07 Speed6?

bumpin_blazer
06-30-2006, 03:19 AM
Ok so this is a revision to my old thread on my new/next car. I have found a sweet deal on an S4, or at least I think it's a sweet deal and now I'm considering them. So here it goes, Audi S4, 04 G35 Sedan, 07 Brand New Speed 6?

Speed characteristics: As far as I know the Speed6 is the fastest straight from production running a 13.8 stock. Not sure on the Audi but for those who know I'm interested to know stock times.

Here is a link to the S4 I'd be looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-AUDI-S4-AWD-AUTO-CD-ROOF-XENON-HEATED-SEATS-33k-Mi_W0QQitemZ220001943763QQihZ012QQcategoryZ43902QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The G35 I'd go for would look like this one but isn't this exact one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-INFINITI-G35-LOW-MILES_W0QQitemZ130002455278QQihZ003QQcategoryZ4391 4QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Speed 6 would be the Grand touring with sunroof and the works. The speed6 my price is around 23-25k depending on the options I get so you can see my dilemma.

Anyway, opinions would be again greatly appreciated and this will be a poll again.

dbhittin
06-30-2006, 04:15 AM
i always wanted a S4, but those are spendy cars to work on.. be prepared to get things fixed alot.. the G35 is nice too.. driven a few differen't ones and what not.. also have lots of mods for them.. no problems with them really.. also look for the sedan in 6speed.. those S4's should be in the 13's stock and with a few mods, those can be pretty fast

bumpin_blazer
06-30-2006, 05:04 AM
out of the 3 cars, the G35 is the slowest, Audi S4 is 2nd and Speed6 is fastest. According to a few magazine reviews at least. The G35 6mt Coupe(all i could find 1/4 mile tests for) runs a 14.24. The S4 ran a 14.1-14.18 and the Speed6 as I said before has been tested running anywhere from a 13.76 to a 13.84 bone stock.

Given price and warranty the Speed6 seems the winner i just found that auction for the S4 and thought I'd ask the wise on here.

bigbangtheory
06-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Humm a brand new car with more of a warranty and is faster than the other two mentioned and also will be easier to fix when your warranty does end. I dont see the problem here. Mazdaspeed all the way. All yeah, did I mention it is brand friggin new, lol!

mikeyboc
06-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Guess it realy depends on what you are going to do with it. If you plan on doing any mods, the mods may void any warranty on the car (atleast the dealership will puch that) so that may not be an issue. If you want something to mod, my vote is the S4. They are just sweet cars that handle great. You can do a lot with the TT 6.

bumpin_blazer
06-30-2006, 04:45 PM
the only mods i can and will see myself doing is an intake, turbo time and blow off valve, full exhaust, suspension and maybe rims. those are also thing that i'm in no hurry to do and really won't hurt me if i can't do them all. my dad went and test drove a speed6 today "for me" as he put it lol. i can't drive for another 4-6 weeks but i was considering that S4 until my dad said "if you get any car but the speed6 i won't cosign". so my mind has been made up it seems as he said the handling was hands down better than the 6mt 06' g35 coupe that someone traded in last week for a speed6. he drove both for almost 45 minutes each and said where the g35 would lose control or he'd need to break going into or coming out of a turn or slalom(however you spell that), he said the speed6 went through with ease. That to me makes up my mind:D.

mikeyboc
06-30-2006, 04:46 PM
the only mods i can and will see myself doing is an intake, turbo time and blow off valve, full exhaust, suspension and maybe rims. those are also thing that i'm in no hurry to do and really won't hurt me if i can't do them all. my dad went and test drove a speed6 today "for me" as he put it lol. i can't drive for another 4-6 weeks but i was considering that S4 until my dad said "if you get any car but the speed6 i won't cosign". so my mind has been made up it seems as he said the handling was hands down better than the 6mt 06' g35 coupe that someone traded in last week for a speed6. he drove both for almost 45 minutes each and said where the g35 would lose control or he'd need to break going into or coming out of a turn or slalom(however you spell that), he said the speed6 went through with ease. That to me makes up my mind:D.

Dad being a **** FTL.

Atleast it makes your decision easier!

bumpin_blazer
06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
yeah he said he'll get to carmax today if he can. there's an 01' S4 there and he said he'll drive it just to compare and see. I don't have the ability for the loan right now as I've been a student for the past 9 months so no financial background lol. I've had $ just not an actual paycheck job until the past 2 months which isn't long enough for a 24k loan unless i want to get raped on the rate.

bumpin_blazer
07-01-2006, 12:21 AM
well dad went and drove the S4 today and according to him the speed6 and S4 are very close in handling but the S4 is a little smoother and quicker in some turns. On the other side he still said the Speed6 feel's a bit faster and given it's still .3 seconds faster in the 1/4 i'd imagine it would.

So my lasting results of 2nd hand driving through my dad, if i had to choose it'd be Speed6 on top, S4 2nd, and G35 last based on performance. Looks the G35 is the #1 with the Speed6 2nd and S4 last, resale it's not completly fair as the S4 was a 50k car 5 years ago.

bumpin_blazer
07-04-2006, 12:48 AM
last option, Mazda CX-7 has become a thought of mine as it's a **** hybrid type SUV;)

joebangaa
07-04-2006, 02:30 AM
i've driven a B5 S4 (but none of the others) and all i can say is wow :)

i'm a DTM hater too...

bumpin_blazer
07-04-2006, 03:14 AM
i love the look and thought of taking my t6's into that speed6 though lol. that's the biggest reason i'd go with it and it has a full warranty and is brand new.

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 03:17 AM
Buy New Ftw!

bumpin_blazer
07-04-2006, 03:25 AM
ok then cx-7 or speed6? that cx-7 could easily turn heads with the power/weight of it.

brianj
07-04-2006, 03:35 AM
Just a heads up, the G35 Sedan is slightly quicker than the G35 Coupe. At least when it came to the '05s. I know its sounds retarded but it has a lower drag coefficient and weighs less. Go figure. :rolleyes:

bumpin_blazer
07-04-2006, 03:37 AM
fastest stock i've heard of it running is a 14.1 though. still put's her .3 behind the speed6;). i've heard rumors that the cx-7 runs low 15 to upper 14's though.

dbhittin
07-04-2006, 03:38 AM
i still say G35 over all of them

Alpine CDA-9815
07-04-2006, 04:13 AM
Out of the three, go G35 I like it the most :)

ssj2xxgotenxx
07-04-2006, 04:22 AM
..... You need to get out and test drive them on your own. I know it's important to get the input of the forum community, but our opinions are so scattered that you're going to make another 3-4 additional threads identical to this one. In the end, your decision will be based on your OWN personal opinion on which you like best. The best route is to do side by side analysis, test drive them, and ultimately price. It's not what we think, its what YOU think.

snb778
07-04-2006, 04:29 AM
id really like to see an 01 S4 take an 04 G-35

Mazdaspeed6 UGLY
G-35..VERY UNIQUE/sharp FTW

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 04:36 AM
The 6 is wayyyyy sexier if you ask me. But if you want the small amount of space that that fairly small SUV will give you rather than the 6, get that. It all depends on what application you need it to suit. Gas mileage will almost surely be worse for that thing also.

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 04:38 AM
I hate the looks of the G-35, so my opinion is skewed I guess. I also live next door to a regional mazda tech, skews me yet again.

Like ssj said, go out and test drive them ALL and find out for yourself which one you are most comfortable in. Some cars are just only nice to drive for some, and not at all to others.

snb778
07-04-2006, 04:42 AM
The 6 is wayyyyy sexier if you ask me. But if you want the small amount of space that that fairly small SUV will give you rather than the 6, get that. It all depends on what application you need it to suit. Gas mileage will almost surely be worse for that thing also.

nobody is talkin about an SUV here..

and how is the sedan faster...you cant even get a sports package on it... so the coupe has the suspension advt. and tires. and whatever else...doesnt make sence. and HTF does it weigh less. im gonna check that right now.

edit: Gross weight the coupe is 160 lbs lighter... curb weight they are the same...dunno what that means.

and the AWD version is the slowest, has smaller engine,...and obviously the heaviest

and the long awaited RX-8 SUUUCKS, so I hate maxda for that. and the Mazda 6 kinda slacks balls to. sluggg

arsonbob
07-04-2006, 04:44 AM
The cx-7 is an SUV.

As for the rest, none of that was stated by myself.

GrayMatter4tw
07-04-2006, 11:33 AM
imo the G35 is hideous
the s4 will be too costly to repair
**** speed6 4tw

brianj
07-04-2006, 11:52 AM
snb778

I haven't checked the '04s but per infiniti's site for both the '05 and '06 years the sedan is A) lighter than a coupe with the same transmission, B) has a lower drag coefficient, C) can have the same sports pkg as the coupe w/ 18" wheels vs 19", D) having smaller wheels further increases the weight gap while accelerating as it reduces the wheel rotational weight

bumpin_blazer
07-04-2006, 04:35 PM
no matter what version the g35 is still slower by .3 second than a speed6 so that's not debateable. i did mention a cx-7 though as i might consider one but i need to drive it. the s4 is no longer up for debate due to the price being high on repairs. The g35 is gorgeous, i've driven it to hell when my fiance had a rental of one. i remember it can do 115 well around a semi turn lol. that thing does seem to **** down to the ground at 90+ i have to say that.

joebangaa
07-05-2006, 12:38 PM
does every little tenth really matter? last time i checked, the cars that were fastest out of the factory don't necessarily have the 'best' overall drive... plus i'd imagine the s4 and g35 to have a much bigger advantage in the aftermarket tuning game than the mazda...

netherland24
07-05-2006, 12:43 PM
i like the audi IF IT WASNT AUTOMATIC.... boo boo cachu on that.

G35 baller ride..

mazda is mazda....

edison_GTI
07-05-2006, 05:34 PM
If you go for the S4 check APR for chipping and performance, don't do the boost controler and blow-off valve (VAG cars don't like them).

www.goapr.com

mikeyboc
07-05-2006, 05:37 PM
S4 Automatic FTMFL. S4 6-speed is the ****.

bumpin_blazer
07-06-2006, 12:12 AM
does every little tenth really matter? last time i checked, the cars that were fastest out of the factory don't necessarily have the 'best' overall drive... plus i'd imagine the s4 and g35 to have a much bigger advantage in the aftermarket tuning game than the mazda...

i called a few automotive repair shops around here and talked with my friend who goes to mechanic school about the cars and got his input. He said the S4 unless i've got 3k in the bank at all time to fix anything that goes wrong he'd pass so it's out. The upgrade department doesn't matter as i'm not looking to do a lot to it. If i did anything to a g35 it'd have to be in the coupe and i can't get a coupe as i need the parents co-sign and b/c i'm 6'3 and nobody could sit behind me, they won't cosign. it's gay but i need their signature so i can get a 3-4% interest rate:D

HincklNutt
07-17-2006, 04:14 AM
S4's are ******! then again im an audi guy, then again, audi's are expensive to fix, and tend to have problems if they havent been properly maintained, you could also chip that motor to around 310hp/380lbs. or so :yumyum:

id probably go with the audi, but if you can afford a new speed6(awesome car, very quick and would be new w/warrenty) that would probably be your safest bet

the audi can be modded like crazy though, and is a ****** AWD machine.

*just noticed it was auto..... if your buying that car you MUST get the 6speed, cmon now its just wrong not too.

on a side note, when i get rich and have money up the *** ill by myself a new RS4 :crazy:

cyantist
07-17-2006, 04:33 AM
MazdaSpeed6, hands down.. Take it for a drive yourself.. That's what I'll be getting when I trade in my 3.. Mazda makes a great product, and the MS6 is made in Japan, unlike the regular 6, which is made in Detroit..

bumpin_blazer
07-17-2006, 03:29 PM
MazdaSpeed6, hands down.. Take it for a drive yourself.. That's what I'll be getting when I trade in my 3.. Mazda makes a great product, and the MS6 is made in Japan, unlike the regular 6, which is made in Detroit..

you should get the MS3;). if you like the 3 that is.

i'd get the MS3 b/c i think it looks **** as hell but I don't fit lol. the MS6 is what i'm getting as my price is 20-23k depending on options. at that price there isn't really a contest. now to get the 3" down, caback to dual tip exhaust, cai and the like 2 other mods out there for power on this thing. stock hp/torque is IMO amazing. 274/280 at crank, 220/249 at wheels.

Scoobydoo
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
MS6 vote here as well, but I have owned 3 rx7's and currently own an '89 and a '03 Protege 5

if you mod the exhaust it will void your warranty, although you could just swap in the stock exhaust if you have an issue, but that would be a *****

if you do buy the MS6 sign up over here:

http://www.msprotege.com

i would tell you my user name, but i am not the most highly regarded member;)

bumpin_blazer
07-18-2006, 12:35 AM
i'm a member of a mazda6 forum already so i'm good;). modding the exhaust doesn't effect warranty, it's actually a written law that a mod part unless it can be proven to cause the defect, doesn't void warranty. if you want i'll find the mazdatech read up on it.

joebangaa
07-22-2006, 03:31 AM
MS6 vote here as well, but I have owned 3 rx7's and currently own an '89 and a '03 Protege 5

if you mod the exhaust it will void your warranty, although you could just swap in the stock exhaust if you have an issue, but that would be a *****

if you do buy the MS6 sign up over here:

http://www.msprotege.com

i would tell you my user name, but i am not the most highly regarded member;)

modding the exhaust on ANY car doesn't void it's warranty unless you're in clear violation of smog/emissions regulations...

bigbangtheory
07-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Yep had full exhaust on my protege5 and chip plus cold air intake not to mention a huge *** wall in my car, which it voided something, but was the speed not the warranty, lol! I told ya bump, just go MS6 and you would be able to do mild mods to it and be good to go. Now if you start going nutz, then who knows. They might say something then.

Eugenics
07-22-2006, 04:25 PM
the mazda.. duh

bumpin_blazer
07-23-2006, 01:21 AM
Yep had full exhaust on my protege5 and chip plus cold air intake not to mention a huge *** wall in my car, which it voided something, but was the speed not the warranty, lol! I told ya bump, just go MS6 and you would be able to do mild mods to it and be good to go. Now if you start going nutz, then who knows. They might say something then.

i think with just the exhaust i'd do, CAI, and engine mount to push out 265hp/285torque at the wheel's i'd be happy;). that power should take on STi's nicely.

bigbangtheory
07-23-2006, 10:08 AM
i think with just the exhaust i'd do, CAI, and engine mount to push out 265hp/285torque at the wheel's i'd be happy;). that power should take on STi's nicely.

I am sure it would.;)