PDA

View Full Version : Front Speaker Noise!! Need Help

MBrock4u
06-29-2006, 07:46 AM
After the system transfer install everything is a go excecpt one big snag. I have speaker pop and noise out of one of my front speakers. I have infinity kappa's, there is no noise on the left but the right is hidious. When I turn the igition on there is a pop and then you can listen to it. When it turn the moter over the noise is so obnoctious that u have to turn it off right away. I just can't figure it out. I checked the connections to the speaker and the crossover and they seem fine. The rest of the system like I said is just fine. My front stage is ruined untill I can find the problem. I really dont want to have to take it to the shop and pay for somthing that may just be a silly oversight on my part. Please advise me. Thanks.

GordonW
06-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Sounds like one of the speaker wires to that channel, may be grounded to the frame or the body of the car, in some way. You're probably getting a ground loop of some sort.

If you can get to both ends of the speaker wires on that channel (before and after the passive crossover, if present), disconnect them at both ends, and take a volt-ohm meter, and measure the impedence (ohms) between each of the wires and the chassis ground of the car. You should get NO reading (infinite ohms). If you get ANY connection, the wire is grounded out and should be fixed or replaced.

Also, take the speaker drivers themselves, and measure the impedence (ohms) between the terminals and the chassis (frame) of the speaker. Midbass drivers, AND tweeters. ALL of them. You should get NOTHING (no reading, infinite impedence) between any terminal and the frame. If you do, the speaker has problems and needs to be fixed (find a reconing shop) or replaced.

Other than that... I hate to say it, but it sounds like it would probably have to be an amp problem, otherwise...

Regards,
Gordon.

MBrock4u
07-01-2006, 10:53 PM
THANKS! I will run that back, because the amp is fine...