PDA

View Full Version : Rear speaker idea (correct me if im wrong)

Alpine4x4
06-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Everyone says that rear speakers ruin imaging and stuff. So for thos of you who want to keep the rear passengers in the mix why not create a whole nother frontstage just in the back doors. Angle the tweets back, the midbass properly so you dont hear it as much from the front and its like a front sound stage in the rear. Would that work?

ravendarat
06-28-2006, 11:18 PM
nope because its still in the same cabin. If you sealed the front of the vehicle from the rear than it would be fine but other wise its a no go.

XaznKewLguyX
06-28-2006, 11:18 PM
good q. I was going to take my rears out so my rear deck can be ported :up2somet:

atoz350
06-29-2006, 01:32 AM
BMW does this with their factory systems. Its may be possible, but not ideal. Just remember you'll have to have your gains really low in the rear or running off of head unit power for this to work at all. It's main purpose to so that you can't hear it at all from the front seat, but it just brings the vocals and highs a little closer to the rear passengers.

Alpine4x4
06-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Ya i know it owuldnt be ideal but im just throwing an option out for those who want sound for the rear passengers. Maybe not a full blown rear soundstage but just osme reinforcment for the sound from the front so its loud for them in back too.

MBrock4u
06-30-2006, 05:45 AM
Nice Ideal! I fully enjoy rear fill. I have yet to see were it has ruined anything. Liked it in my Eclpise and like it now in my new Elantra.

helotaxi
06-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Without processing (time alignment or ambiance processing), any more speakers beyond the basic two front channels will have negative impact on the frequency response and imaging. The former is caused by phase cancellation from differing pathlengths. The latter is caused by frequency localization in the rear of the car.