I am leaning towards Rainbow, but i would like your opinions first

Yev

FoxPro5
06-27-2006, 11:25 PM
I am leaning towards Rainbow

You're leaning the right way ;)

jacka
06-27-2006, 11:26 PM
from what i've been hearing...... Rainbow. and i love diamond.

6spdcoupe
06-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Keep leaning.

I carry both and customers prefer the Rainbows 20-1 over the DAs.

Ruffy
06-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm in the same place right now
Diamond D661S
Diamond Hex S600S
Or Rainbow SLC

choices choices

3.5Max6spd
06-28-2006, 08:51 AM
These 'Vs' threads are getting out of hand...

Ruffy
06-28-2006, 09:00 AM
These 'Vs' threads are getting out of hand...

It's a valid thread. I've searched and never found a true answer to Rainbow Vs Diamond. And it's still ppl saying one is better without any real feedback.

3.5Max6spd
06-28-2006, 09:26 AM
It's a valid thread. I've searched and never found a true answer to Rainbow Vs Diamond. And it's still ppl saying one is better without any real feedback.

Its always a valid inquiry. But there is no true answer. The only thing the poster will get from this thread is feedback only on the people that decide to post in this thread.

Searching you'll find more than adequate accounts on some peoples thoughts on tonality, SQ , door use, power handling, midbass, kick versions, etc...

My opinion, i dont like the new Diamond speakers. Do I think the D6's are crap? No. But I prefer a more natural, tonally correct reproduction. I like space in my instruments, and an airy , non fatiguing quality to my tweeters. So when you put price in the equation, and you actually hear both of these- you feel you are getting more with the SLC's. It is a more inviting sound, with more life to it. You stop yourself while listening to transients, and you go 'now that sounds really nice'.

Having had the D6's in one of the demo cars last year, all I can say it that it makes one hell of a coax in its coax mount form. I has a nice balanced performance w/ good midbass, but nothing stands out. Nothing captures the listener. I prefer the D3 actually as a better value quite honestly. Outside of the need to mount the tweeter with the braxial mount option, theres really no lucrativity to this set.

So if just straight up getting volume and loud is the need, without the SQ properties and staging benefits of separates , i can lead you to some Pioneer 4ways 6.5's that'll get the job done...hehe

konechiwa
06-28-2006, 09:54 AM
i listened to the diamonds on monday (the hex's) and they weren't THAT bad. Either that, or rainbow is just so **** good? i mean, are they really that kick@$$?

3.5Max6spd
06-28-2006, 10:19 AM
i listened to the diamonds on monday (the hex's) and they weren't THAT bad. Either that, or rainbow is just so **** good? i mean, are they really that kick@$$?

U ever heard Focals? Hex's sound like they have wet towels over them in comparison. Not saying it BAD, it just different. Typical Rainbow sound is in between, they are dynamic and natural- yet they are not overly agressive in the trebble like most Focal is. And the midbass has more texture to it, a more pronounced tambour in terms of output too.

#1 complaint of most Hex users is midbass output. D6's actually have better midbass output than Hex's IMO.

Ruffy
06-28-2006, 10:27 AM
U ever heard Focals? Hex's sound like they have wet towels over them in comparison. Not saying it BAD, it just different. Typical Rainbow sound is in between, they are dynamic and natural- yet they are not overly agressive in the trebble like most Focal is. And the midbass has more texture to it, a more pronounced tambour in terms of output too.

#1 complaint of most Hex users is midbass output. D6's actually have better midbass output than Hex's IMO.

This is the type of post I've never found. Thanks.

konechiwa
06-28-2006, 11:49 AM
yeah i heard the focals, i listened to their Polyglass V2 line (the 3 ways). They sounded good too. I'm not saying I thought the Diamonds were awesome, i'm just saying that they weren't that bad.

I agree the focals were to agressive, i thought that the Hex's were also bright. And the Pro60's. In fact the only one i heard that i liked was the Z6. But their a little to expensive for me!

I told the guy about rainbow too, never heard of it, and he said if i ever get any to come in and let him listen.

flakko
06-28-2006, 11:54 AM
are the diamond hex's still made by eton?

khail19
06-28-2006, 12:28 PM
are the diamond hex's still made by eton?

Nope, not the last few years. The Eton made Hex sets were supposedly much nicer.

superdooperman
06-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Nope, not the last few years. The Eton made Hex sets were supposedly much nicer.

Definately. In fact, I am not a fan of any of the new line of Diamond speakers/subwoofers.

Not to mention I heard from my local shop in Canada that Diamond increased their prices almost 40% on certain products this year, yet are piecing their products together with inferior supplies and arent up to the same production standards as they used to be.

Since demoing both the Hex and the D6 sets in store, I would have to say that I found the D6's to have a much better midbass output. The tweeters I couldnt compare because one set was the silk, the other aluminum. Although I didnt mind the silk tweet, the alum was a tad bright for my musical tastes.

snb778
06-28-2006, 02:50 PM
i still dont understand why this isnt a VS section yet. There is no reason why people shouldnt be able to get input from people who have heard both, and see what they like best..as long as the thread starter lists their goals, power, setup.

Ignatowski
06-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Crystal SSCS6's will PWN the D6s,for less money
Cant comment about the Rainbows since I dont own them
but I can assume the outcome would be the same
PWNED

Yevi
06-30-2006, 01:21 AM
thanks for your replies, i have to give another call to day, for a quote

Yev