PDA

View Full Version : rainbow power cs?

bigwise1
06-25-2006, 03:49 PM
there's alot of people experienced with rainbow on here but i've searched and can't find anything on the power line cs. anyone have any dealings with these? i'm mainly interested in the 6.9" mid for midbass duty.

http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/introduction.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=5

brypink
06-25-2006, 06:30 PM
Mine are on their way...I can't wait! :naughty:

HitManSE
06-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Same here, as soon as I get them installed ill be sure to post the results :D

6spdcoupe
06-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi Brian

Hi John

:)

brypink
06-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Hi Brian

Hi John

:)
Hi Don.

I'm patiently waiting. :)

theothermike
06-25-2006, 09:39 PM
how much more are the powerline cs and cmx

I no germaniums are around the 450 range

6spdcoupe
06-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi Don.

I'm patiently waiting. :)

Goin out tomorrow sir. ;)

6spdcoupe
06-25-2006, 09:57 PM
how much more are the powerline cs and cmx

I no germaniums are around the 450 range

The CS are Alot more than the Germs. CMX is around $300

bigwise1
06-25-2006, 10:02 PM

pics, pics, pics, please:D

brypink
06-25-2006, 10:20 PM
x2

6spdcoupe
06-25-2006, 10:37 PM

Pics of the CS?

If hitman or Brypink wanna give me the go ahead to break the seal on em I will. Otherwise no can do sir...

HitManSE
06-26-2006, 12:10 AM
If you want to slip in complimentary batcap 300 or 400 into the package, then sure go for it lol :naughty:

brypink
06-26-2006, 03:48 AM
I just hope I get them before the weekend.

3.5Max6spd
06-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I've used the tweeter. Thats some serious high output tweeter! It can handle any insane dynamic content you can throw at it and laugh for more- sounding perfect, with the BEST high freq extension I've ever heard from a silk dome as you push the volume. That ****er is fast! Kinda miss it actually, no doubt its the set that can keep up with ANY rearstage- at least better than I ever heard before. Not surprised though, as it was engineered to do so.

3.5Max6spd
06-26-2006, 08:42 AM
BTW, Brian, John...

As you get these, do yourself a favor...

Throw the Post office CD on for an audition. And smile as you hear exactly what you paid for. Then go ahead and sit in your buddies high end systems, and smile as they will not be able to handle it, nor reproduce it in the same manner.;)

HitManSE
06-26-2006, 01:39 PM
Post office CD? Would that be a test cd of some sort that im not aware of?

3.5Max6spd
06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Post office CD? Would that be a test cd of some sort that im not aware of?

lolz. My bad- Postal Service 'Give Up' cd.... it will TEST how good your tweeters are.

theothermike
06-26-2006, 02:17 PM
yeah such great heights is crazy for testing out imaging of tweeters, speaking of the cd im going to limewire it now cause i forgot to get them after i reinstalled my pc

Yeah im a pirate, but not a butt pirate :-)

Limewire FTW!!!

konechiwa
06-26-2006, 02:24 PM
Seems to me like Mr. Don has some competition...
http://www.speedsound.com/product.asp?specific=jncpdphng (Regular) 309.95
http://www.speedsound.com/product.asp?specific=jncpnnpok (PRO's) 459.95

HitManSE
06-26-2006, 02:25 PM
****it Manny, lol for a sec there I thought I had lost it.

Ill pick one up & see how it compares to others :D

As for Don's competition, nah not really. Those speakers you listed arnt the ones were refering to, plus his prices for those you listed are better then speedsounds not to mention Don is an authorized dealer, no so sure about speedsound.

6spdcoupe
06-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Seems to me like Mr. Don has some competition...
http://www.speedsound.com/product.asp?specific=jncpdphng (Regular) 309.95
http://www.speedsound.com/product.asp?specific=jncpnnpok (PRO's) 459.95

Competition with 3+ year old discontinued products?

theothermike
06-26-2006, 02:40 PM
what i was about to say, i was like hmmmm little out dated possibly :-)

Plus u get the don is generous today special every few months or so. plus don has the NEWWWW RAINBOWS FOR THIS YEAR not the pos 3-4 year ago series.

So all in all don for the win!!!!

(unless he opens a slave shop with his children that he is mass producing)

Mike

theothermike
06-26-2006, 02:50 PM
what i was about to say, i was like hmmmm little out dated possibly :-)

Plus u get the don is generous today special every few months or so. plus don has the NEWWWW RAINBOWS FOR THIS YEAR not the pos 3-4 year ago series.

So all in all don for the win!!!!

(unless he opens a slave shop with his children that he is mass producing)

Mike

edit: trying to to delete this post errrrr

konechiwa
06-26-2006, 03:59 PM
ah NVM then.

turn it up
06-26-2006, 04:14 PM
There is a network of Rainbow dealers setting up in U.S soon. I was refered to this place here by Rainbow in germany.

http://distinctusa.com/

Hopefully my local dealers will be part of them because I'm looking to listen to them first hand before actually buying anything.

6spdcoupe
06-26-2006, 04:38 PM
There is a network of Rainbow dealers setting up in U.S soon. I was refered to this place here by Rainbow in germany.

http://distinctusa.com/

Hopefully my local dealers will be part of them because I'm looking to listen to them first hand before actually buying anything.

They havent received their first container yet, itll still be a few weeks.

theothermike
06-26-2006, 06:48 PM
ahhhhhh, ****, ur telling me i have to pack my bags for a fricken road trip to atlanta, hey it beats nj though, no effience don.

Nah im j/k, i wouldnt do don like that, don has my buisness eventually as soon as i get my funds together for the whole 2000$ project which will probably be around x-mas january of next year :-)

Mike

HitManSE
06-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Would I be better off if I had the 6.9 mids in a sealed setup? rather then a IB indoor? I would have to slightly modify the inner door panel & lose the door pocked (which I dont really use anyway)

Opinions?

3.5Max6spd
06-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Would I be better off if I had the 6.9 mids in a sealed setup? rather then a IB indoor? I would have to slightly modify the inner door panel & lose the door pocked (which I dont really use anyway)

Opinions?

The driver has a Qts of 0.6, I dont believe you need to seal them. Just about everything Rainbow makes as far as speakers are designed for typical car use (IB).

Wanna set up the door as a serious baffle? Prepare a nice 1" mdf ring baffle, fully deadened inner door skins. Treat the inside of the door panel with a few coats of Cascade VB1SPro, and finish it off with a layer of closed cell foam like ensolite- and let nature do its course:naughty:

theothermike
06-26-2006, 09:02 PM
well if u going sealed thennn monsterous kick pods ftw!!!, nah im j/k id say modify ur doors opening hole, and then just sound deaden ur inner and outer door with at least 2 layers and then use a foam type of deadener on top. And ur set.

Mike

Starky
06-26-2006, 10:51 PM
by 6.9 you mean, almost 7 inches right? 6.9 inches, yes?

6spdcoupe
06-26-2006, 10:55 PM
by 6.9 you mean, almost 7 inches right? 6.9 inches, yes?

thats correct.

HitManSE
06-27-2006, 12:34 AM
The driver has a Qts of 0.6, I dont believe you need to seal them. Just about everything Rainbow makes as far as speakers are designed for typical car use (IB).

Just a quetion, if im better of leaving it IB, then IB it is :D

Wanna set up the door as a serious baffle? Prepare a nice 1" mdf ring baffle, fully deadened inner door skins. Treat the inside of the door panel with a few coats of Cascade VB1SPro, and finish it off with a layer of closed cell foam like ensolite- and let nature do its course:naughty:

Oh dont worry, all of that is already going to be done. 1" MDF ring already done. Door inners have 1 layer of deadner already & am planning on getting 2-3 cans of Cascade VB1sPro to cover the rest (since I cant fit my arms in there) I had 3 sheets of closed cell foam (1 on the headlinder) one sheet for the front doors & the rest for the floor, ect..

Today I even dropped the moon roof & fixed a few horrible rattle areas. The roof has been mass loaded quite a bit already :naughty: I got pics ill get up of the entire sound deadning process at work which ill post up when its pretty much all done. Im not going as far as metalmax did (I dont feel like pulling the dash) plus im getting the areas that cause the most noise (jamming sound deadner between metal on metal panels)

Picking up some deflex pads for the fronts soon (ive even considered 1"-2" tall acoustical foam in some areas like the headliner) so im far from being done with this install process ;)

brypink
07-03-2006, 01:48 PM
FedEx lost my speakers...those FVCKS!!!! :furious:

HitManSE
07-03-2006, 07:20 PM
FedEx lost my speakers...those FVCKS!!!! :furious:

Sorry to hear that, I just got mine sunday :naughty:

If you want I can tease with pics, lol atleast the package was insured...I hope.