PDA

View Full Version : installation prices

springy101
06-25-2006, 03:25 AM
today after work, i went to get some seeds and this guy was installing car audio stuff in other peoples cars in the parking lot. i got to talkin to him and he said hes been doin it for 20 years and he does it as a sidejob on the weekends for some extra cash. i told him i needed a sub and box, 2 amps, and a head unit installed and i already had all the wiring and he told me it would be about 225 for the whole thing. you guys think this is a good deal or should i look elsewhere?

revrider1
06-25-2006, 03:28 AM
If it is a side job it may be to much. I do my installs as side jobs and I wouldnt charge that much, basically just for labor.

bimma85
06-25-2006, 03:29 AM
He's building you a sub? :naughty:

Seriously though...the guy works out of a parking lot? Don't think I'd be letting him touch my **** for free ;)

springy101
06-25-2006, 03:34 AM

Seriously though...the guy works out of a parking lot? Don't think I'd be letting him touch my **** for free ;)
well he has all his **** in his truck, and he drives wherever you want him to to install your stuff.

Prowler573
06-25-2006, 03:38 AM

If he is a legit mobile install service whether by actually having a business or merely having the proper tools and the know-how it might be okay...

revrider1
06-25-2006, 03:40 AM
I do all my sh*t in my driveway on the weekends for extra cash, but I think $225 is a bit much to connect a HU, and run some wire to 2 amps, IMO.

bimma85
06-25-2006, 03:41 AM
If he is a legit mobile install service whether by actually having a business or merely having the proper tools and the know-how it might be okay...
until he busts a few panels or starts his **** on fire and then says he's never touched the car(not saying half the shops will do a **** thing if they fok up anything you bring them, and didnt buy from them) :crap:.

Do it yourself=better piece of mind and less $ ;)

revrider1
06-25-2006, 03:49 AM
until he busts a few panels or starts his **** on fire and then says he's never touched the car(not saying half the shops will do a **** thing if they fok up anything you bring them, and didnt buy from them) :crap:.

Do it yourself=better piece of mind and less $ ;)x2

springy101
06-25-2006, 03:56 AM

Do it yourself=better piece of mind and less $ ;)
but im lazy as ****, and i konw i could run all the wires i just dont wanna have to **** with uninstalling the stock radio and getttin a harness and running my rca's and remote behind the dash and all that crap. and i want it to work right off the bat, and if i do stuff myself it usually doesnt end up that way.

revrider1
06-25-2006, 03:57 AM
but im lazy as ****, and i konw i could run all the wires i just dont wanna have to **** with uninstalling the stock radio and getttin a harness and running my rca's and remote behind the dash and all that crap.So, you have never done it before, or you just to lazy. I have learned in the past, do it yourself and you will gain knowledge and save money ;) .

Prowler573
06-25-2006, 03:59 AM
but im lazy as ****, and i konw i could run all the wires i just dont wanna have to **** with uninstalling the stock radio and getttin a harness and running my rca's and remote behind the dash and all that crap. and i want it to work right off the bat, and if i do stuff myself it usually doesnt end up that way.

Truly I understand the lazy, friend. For many years during my reign as a ******* teenager I thought I had a monopoly on lazy.

There is an unduplicatable feeling of self-satisfaction, however, to be able to tell people as they are looking at your gear and OOOing and AHHing that you put it all in there yourself. :)

kicker06
06-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Well for $150 at this local audio place (called auto image, it's a chain in NJ) I got my HU, Sub, Amp installed and my box carpeted for $125. So I say it's kind of on the high side. Did you look anywhere else? That's the best way to see what kind of price your looking at.

THUNDERBIRD
06-25-2006, 01:30 PM
for have almost 3000 post i would think that u would be able to know how to do it urself and have it work right the first time. i am installing a stereo for a kid i work with for $60 hu,amp,sub and wiring and bb and cc told him $100

azbass
06-25-2006, 01:32 PM
in a parkin lot dude get real. i thought you know what you were doing with installing.

mtdewelf
06-25-2006, 01:34 PM
offer him 50bucks to install your h/u and just run your power wires yourself.

bobby_7
06-25-2006, 01:58 PM

so if you are going to ask for our opinion, and then deny our opinion, why don't you take it to the guy and find out for yourself...? i personally think that his estimate is way high and you should just take some time and do it yourself. you will learn something, be proud of what you accomplished, and save money. that sounds like a great deal to me. if he f***s you over, then you will learn your lesson and install it yourself next time.

offer him 50bucks to install your h/u and just run your power wires yourself.

thats just insane.

ssj2xxgotenxx
06-25-2006, 02:01 PM

If you were really passionate about you hobby, you wouldn't look at it as a chore... and judging by your post count, you seem to like car audio a tiny bit :) If you really insist on having someone else install it, $250.00 for alarm, radio, amp, speakers, and subs sound like a good deal =X