PDA

View Full Version : TCAB Owners

Diablo6699
06-24-2006, 07:06 PM
i already searched but nothing came up

i have my 12" type r running on 600 rms in a box that is 2 cuft at 32 hz. if i get a tcab , is it really going to be worth the $225. I mean am i going to see that much of a difference that my type r will go from loud to ridiculous. I just want to know if it will amaze me with how much louder it will be.

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 07:08 PM
why wouldn't you be willing to take the chance of it being louder or not, you are already taking a chance of getting anything at all, atleast you can be sure that you won't be getting it by the end of the year prolly.

Diablo6699
06-24-2006, 07:08 PM
at 225 hell no it aint worth it...there are plent of guys on here that will build you a box that is just as good for a crap load less.

like who

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 07:11 PM
off my head i know livnlife, mountianeerman. lots more, just make a WTB thread. and 225(probably +shipping too) for a single 12" box is nuts

Diablo6699
06-24-2006, 07:12 PM
are there any websites with good boxes on them

bjfish11
06-24-2006, 07:12 PM
like who
plenty of us

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Newb's

Theres a reason mark potts aka spkrman is banned from this forum

but if you are considering paying 225 for some ****ing wood and ports, your not to bright anyways...

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 07:15 PM
at 225 hell no it aint worth it...there are plent of guys on here that will build you a box that is just as good for a crap load less.

It might be worth if to him... 200 bux is not thatt much $$ considering box build, shipping the exp mark has w type r's is prolly greater than anyone elses , and ive heard nothing but good about his work and performance outcomes... The only reason ppl bash him is because there became a type r/ tcab bandwagon, now ppl are gonna hate because he shows results with his enclosures... So what 225 is pricey to you??? Dealers around here have jl fab enclosures loaded w a 13w1 for $350.... a w1 is 150 ish.. u do the math

prochobo
06-24-2006, 07:16 PM
like who

Like me.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161977&highlight=tcab+wannabe

SIKE!

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Newb's

Theres a reason mark potts aka spkrman is banned from this forum

but if you are considering paying 225 for some ****ing wood and ports, your not to bright anyways...

I was jhust saying y pay 100-200 bux for a prefab-custom box from a shop when all there doing is building off a program... Yea anyone can do that... Would i buy a TCAB? prolly not.... If i had a few type rs i got for cheap? probably....If i didnt know how to design and buld myself..:)

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 07:19 PM
It might be worth if to him... 200 bux is not thatt much $$ considering box build, shipping the exp mark has w type r's is prolly greater than anyone elses , and ive heard nothing but good about his work and performance outcomes... The only reason ppl bash him is because there became a type r/ tcab bandwagon, now ppl are gonna hate because he shows results with his enclosures... So what 225 is pricey to you??? Dealers around here have jl fab enclosures loaded w a 13w1 for $350.... a w1 is 150 ish.. u do the math

for 1- It's not so much his work no one agree's with. He is a ****** business man and treats customers like so. I don't care what/where i buy anything if i pay that much i want to know what is up with it and not have him say it was shipped already but not actually be. He gets bashed because he is a habitual liar to the people who pay his bills :rolleyes:

2- He has same prices as a shop(more actually), that shouldn't be a point made to make him look better. There is a reason most of us don't buy from shops.

Diablo6699
06-24-2006, 07:19 PM
"Type-R homers are like the ricers of car audio, they think they're loud just because one person that has a Type-R hits over 150" - Meh

i love my type r, it is inexpensive loud and sounds good. so if you dont like the sub (which i dont know how you cant like a sub if it isnt about the price or performance), then just turn your head and stop complaining.

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 07:20 PM
you obviously didn't read the huge thread by the dude who got ripped off and didn't recieve his stuff for a long time if ever...

From what i heard his CS has been descent .. IDK i never bought one...Last i heard he was busy and runnin behind quite a bit... Y he get banned neways?

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:21 PM
shut the **** up dude, it costs maybe 50 bucks to build a box. Your a ****ing retard.

Marks boxes are just tuned for Type-R's with Aero ports what the the **** is so special, plus he has scammed many people, tryed to screw me over. AND NO I WASNT GOING TO BUY A TCAB BOX, I am not that ****ing retarded.

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 07:21 PM
From what i heard his CS has been descent .. IDK i never bought one...Last i heard he was busy and runnin behind quite a bit... Y he get banned neways?
all his bad deals, even if delivered took 3-4months sometimes

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:23 PM
i love my type r, it is inexpensive loud and sounds good. so if you dont like the sub (which i dont know how you cant like a sub if it isnt about the price or performance), then just turn your head and stop complaining.
I am not complaining you ****ing newb, the quote is for the **** that think they're the next Tommy K due to a sub a TCAB box... But from the looks of it your not far off.

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 07:24 PM
for 1- It's not so much his work no one agree's with. He is a ****** business man and treats customers like so. I don't care what/where i buy anything if i pay that much i want to know what is up with it and not have him say it was shipped already but not actually be. He gets bashed because he is a habitual liar to the people who pay his bills :rolleyes:

2- He has same prices as a shop(more actually), that shouldn't be a point made to make him look better. There is a reason most of us don't buy from shops.

I arree w you, But i never dealt w him , so like i said im only going off word of mouth experiences

my sig speaks for me...................

I SEE THAT:)

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:26 PM
I was jhust saying y pay 100-200 bux for a prefab-custom box from a shop when all there doing is building off a program... Yea anyone can do that... Would i buy a TCAB? prolly not.... If i had a few type rs i got for cheap? probably....If i didnt know how to design and buld myself..:)
U tpye lik d shitz man i dont undestnd why you type lik this. are You retarded, I jus dotn get it, I prolly dont giv a shitz if ud by a TCAB i jus think yur gay for thinkin theyr a vaLuE.

Diablo6699
06-24-2006, 07:27 PM
I am not complaining you ****ing newb, the quote is for the **** that think they're the next Tommy K due to a sub a TCAB box... But from the looks of it your not far off.

well now what i know about him i wont get a tcab, but i just dont like it when people complain about a very good sub. i was just trying to find out if it worth it, but now i know it's not. i dont care if you hate tcabs, but just dont call me a noob

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 07:28 PM
shut the **** up dude, it costs maybe 50 bucks to build a box. Your a ****ing retard.

Marks boxes are just tuned for Type-R's with Aero ports what the the **** is so special, plus he has scammed many people, tryed to screw me over. AND NO I WASNT GOING TO BUY A TCAB BOX, I am not that ****ing retarded.

WTF man chill out, Your snapping at me why?? Cuz i just stated that his $200 enclosures are better that a shop/prefab??? :rolleyes: .. Whatever.. Take a breath.. And as far as ive seen the TCAB is built to a peak fs of your car ... Now hold on man... dont snap...:) That was another assumption...Anyways i hope you feel better for verbalizing some more tcab hate :)

bimma85
06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Personally, I'd never support such a ****** business.....

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 07:31 PM
U tpye lik d shitz man i dont undestnd why you type lik this. are You retarded, I jus dotn get it, I prolly dont giv a shitz if ud by a TCAB i jus think yur gay for thinkin theyr a vaLuE.

my bad your the man cuz you can type better than me... If your iggnorant *** would like to see why im typing like ***** You can help yourself to the thread below asshat

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162114

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:32 PM
WTF man chill out, Your snapping at me why?? Cuz i just stated that his $200 enclosures are better that a shop/prefab??? :rolleyes: .. Whatever.. Take a breath.. And as far as ive seen the TCAB is built to a peak fs of your car ... Now hold on man... dont snap...:) That was another assumption...Anyways i hope you feel better for verbalizing some more tcab hate :)
I am entitled to all the TCAB hate I want, because 1. I have a brain and can see its a rip off and 2. The bastard tried to scam me out of my money untill I made a HUGE ordeal publicly. 3. I dont want your dumb *** trying to get more people ripped off by trying to send him more "clients" I dont want to see anybody get ripped off and **** like you are the ones that help people/ca newbs make bad choices.

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:34 PM
my bad your the man cuz you can type better than me... If your iggnorant *** would like to see why im typing like ***** You can help yourself to the thread below asshat

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162114
You typed better in that thread hahahaha

HitManSE
06-24-2006, 07:36 PM
Ouch? Hope they gave you a bottle or two of Percocet or something. Hello constipation lol

Doubt I need to explain but since some just dont understand WHY many dont build their own boxs its not the lack of know how, its the lack of tools & time to do it.

nVRuckus
06-24-2006, 07:37 PM
i already searched but nothing came up

i have my 12" type r running on 600 rms in a box that is 2 cuft at 32 hz. if i get a tcab , is it really going to be worth the $225. I mean am i going to see that much of a difference that my type r will go from loud to ridiculous. I just want to know if it will amaze me with how much louder it will be.

LMAO you know TCAB's owner got banned for taking peoples money and 4 months later not shipping the boxes right?

and no they are not worth it. I can build boxes that will do just as good for about $150 shipped and LivinLife can build good boxes as well.

Diablo6699
06-24-2006, 07:39 PM
well can someone give me a website of a place that will make me a ported enclosure

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:39 PM
LMAO you know TCAB's owner got banned for taking peoples money and 4 months later not shipping the boxes right?
Not when he started this thread, but we informed him ;)

Diablo6699
06-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I Am Not Getting A Tcab, But Where Can I Get A Good Box

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 07:43 PM
You typed better in that thread hahahaha

Thats because im tryin to type faster to keep up w/ your intimidating e verbal harassment :eyebrow:

[QUOTE=HitManSE]Ouch? Hope they gave you a bottle or two of Percocet or something. Hello constipation lol

lol , naa Just a prescription to get drunk when it hurts :)

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 07:44 PM
3-4people have come in here and stated that they could do it, plus others have dropped names.

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 07:44 PM
Not when he started this thread, but we informed him ;)

Why dont you tear JMAC apart??? Run out of insults?

nVRuckus
06-24-2006, 07:45 PM

like i said above talk to LivinLife on here we both build boxes he might be able to get you one shipped cheaper though because he gets discounted shipping. I can do one for about $150.

HitManSE
06-24-2006, 07:46 PM
woodlawncabinetry.com

Never heard anything bad from that guy, not to my knowledge anyway.
You should also be able to get a hold of him over at CAF as well (not sure if he's a member here)

Mountaineer Man on this forum, im sure there are plenty more I just dont feel like searching atm :D

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Labour costs money and it takes several hours to properly construct a ported enclosure ... Even at a modest $20/hour for 5 hours and $50 for supplies, that would make it $150 ...
I am talking about making it yourself.

B_Campbell
06-24-2006, 07:50 PM
Why dont you tear JMAC apart??? Run out of insults?No, he's not supporting Mark :crazy: :D

nVRuckus
06-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Moe Lester, if he still does, makes excellent enclosures ...

Does moe make on the side anymore or just for that company? he is doing alot of high end **** now. Time consuming stuff with all the glass.

Pyro_By_Nature
06-24-2006, 07:51 PM
FYI: The TCAB secrets aren't all that great ;) common sense any installer should know.That's all their boxes are.Common sense and high tuned.

Worth the $225 from mark? Appearently, from his standpoint, yes.But he does this for a living.

I'm a part time builder, and I don't rely on it what so ever for income.When I do, it's just extra play money.Mainly I like building, the little bit of money I make is just a plus.I also don't have to drive all over bum **** egypt to get materials.So therefore, I can do it a good amount cheaper.

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 07:53 PM
aren't they tuned to around 40hz? i think that i saw a thread where a guy had been told/or asked for it to be tuned low 30's but was like 39.

danteBirosel
06-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Yo Diablo, here is something you can take a look at.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163150

http://teamaudiodynamics.com/gallery/livinlife

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:04 PM
No, he's not supporting Mark :crazy: :D

sHOW ME WHERE I FULLY SUPPORTED MARK OR TCAB...?? Sorry caps .. I said he makes good enclosures that put up good #'s... Is it possible to do by anyone?? With some time im sure its easy to to...

Diablo6699
06-24-2006, 08:05 PM
alright, thanks you guys for the info, now i know to not buy a tcab

danteBirosel
06-24-2006, 08:06 PM
honestly, you should've figured that out in the first reply from bubba.

but anyways, i can build your enclosure, and ship it NEXT DAY SHIPPING for roughly around 20 bucks.

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:09 PM
honestly, you should've figured that out in the first reply from bubba.

but anyways, i can build your enclosure, and ship it NEXT DAY SHIPPING for roughly around 20 bucks.

Wow a enclosure and shipping for $20 bux?/i'm in:)

danteBirosel
06-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Wow a enclosure and shipping for $20 bux?/i'm in:)

yep. i sent out my 5.15 cu ft enclosure for next day shipping for only 20 bucks through DHL. :naughty:

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:12 PM
yep. i sent out my 5.15 cu ft enclosure for next day shipping for only 20 bucks through DHL. :naughty:

Dante man... Your box came out real f'n nice :) Wish i was in cali now .. Not to many of my pals are into car audio in the great state s:rolleyes: of wisconsin/minnesota

zachzchw
06-24-2006, 08:12 PM
The only reason ppl bash him is because there became a type r/ tcab bandwagon, now ppl are gonna hate because he shows results with his enclosures...

Guess you havent been around the forum in a while, huh?
Havent seen the numerous threads about TCAB?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 08:13 PM
and i've got it sitting here, prolly gonna cut it up for fire wood :eyebrow:

danteBirosel
06-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Dante man... Your box came out real f'n nice :) Wish i was in cali now .. Not to many of my pals are into car audio in the great state :rolleyes: of wisconsin/minnesota

thanks bro. Yea, since imma have an extra day till my 1/0 wires come in, i think i will sand alot more and then clear coat that mothersucka.

-dante

danteBirosel
06-24-2006, 08:14 PM
and i've got it sitting here, prolly gonna cut it up for fire wood :eyebrow:

:crying: nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Guess you havent been around the forum in a while, huh?
Havent seen the numerous threads about TCAB?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pfft..:eyebrow: Which one ..??? Theres 20 new tcab/mark potts/phat hz/type r hate threads a week ??

937DYTBOI
06-24-2006, 08:16 PM

Holla at ngsm13 hes from cincy and he knows his **** he can throw one together for u

danteBirosel
06-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 17 (14 members and 3 guests)
LivinLife , 937DYTBOI , bimma85 , bjfish11 , Blunt , bubbagumper6 , cd6551 , Diablo6699 , Expy2K , hzsogood , mtdewelf , Phreaker , prochobo , PV Audio

Dayum. We get some serious traffic when there are threads about TCAB.

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Holla at njism hes from cincy and he knows his **** he can throw one together for u

jism makes tcabs too ..??:dont: dont mess with the tcabs.... There secret

zachzchw
06-24-2006, 08:18 PM
pfft..:eyebrow: Which one ..??? Theres 20 new tcab/mark potts/phat hz/type r hate threads a week ??

I just assumed you hadnt seen them, since you said the only reason people hate on him is the type r crap.

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:19 PM
arrrrrrs and tcab own this forum.... Any time theres a thread about the 2 people rush in to hate or regulate lol;)

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I just assumed you hadnt seen them, since you said the only reason people hate on him is the type r crap.

No .. i have/ nor am part of non of the above ... I own a different topic of controversy

w7:naughty:

937DYTBOI
06-24-2006, 08:23 PM
jism makes tcabs too ..??:dont: dont mess with the tcabs.... There secret

No buddy never said he made TCABS but hwe asked where he can get a good box from and i told him to holler at ngsm13 BKA Noah cause their in the same city

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:25 PM
No buddy never said he made TCABS but hwe asked where he can get a good box from and i told him to holler at ngsm13 BKA Noah cause their in the same city

its called sarcasm princess:rolleyes:

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 08:44 PM
I am selling TCAB boxes for half off. Send me $150 and I will send you the exact same box I received . . .

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 08:50 PM
I am selling TCAB boxes for half off. Send me $150 and I will send you the exact same box I received . . .

oooo u scammer you:up2somet:

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 08:51 PM
oooo u scammer you:up2somet:

Not scamming, told you upfront you would get the same box I got . . . lol

:D :D :D

snb778
06-24-2006, 09:20 PM

Nobody has proved this yet....BUT...for 1 12" type R box...Id be very surprised if Mark quoted you 225. I got mine for 230 for 2 12's. BUT compared to 180 that my local shop would have built me...its performance was well worth the extra money...plus that 180 local obviously doesnt have shipping added on like your 225 will.

BUT...if you only have 600 watts to send it...dont TCAB.

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 09:22 PM
BUT...if you only have 600 watts to send it...dont TCAB.

Actually, unless you want to **** your money away on something you will never receive, don't TCAB.

Did he give you a quote? I thought that team Phag Hertz was swearing up and down he wasn't taking any more orders.

snb778
06-24-2006, 09:25 PM
I got mine a month ago...but yea...RIGHT NOW...id say no on the tcab. Mark has to get his business back on the right path...

but regardless of all the drama with him...he does build a hell of a box...after all....like 60% of his team competes with his boxes I believe...and they did almost get team of the year. And im pretty sure they owned the Maxxsonics competition today with DBdrag, MECA and something else....

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Actually, unless you want to **** your money away on something you will never receive, don't TCAB.

Did he give you a quote? I thought that team Phag Hertz was swearing up and down he wasn't taking any more orders.
lol was thinkin same thing. but where did you get your qoute from your sig at, i HAVE to read where that came from.

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 09:38 PM
I got mine a month ago...but yea...RIGHT NOW...id say no on the tcab. Mark has to get his business back on the right path...

but regardless of all the drama with him...he does build a hell of a box...after all....like 60% of his team competes with his boxes I believe...and they did almost get team of the year. And im pretty sure they owned the Maxxsonics competition today with DBdrag, MECA and something else....

I DON"T GIVE A ****!

I am looking for the thread right now . . .

edit: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166525

Prowler573
06-24-2006, 09:45 PM
From what i heard his CS has been descent .. IDK i never bought one...Last i heard he was busy and runnin behind quite a bit... Y he get banned neways?Then you haven't been listening at all. It is his total and complete lack of anything approaching customer service (repeated patterns of telling lie after lie after lie to multiple customers, failure to deliver anything resembling a product month after month after month, etc etc) that got him banned from this forum :fyi: Good CS indeed. By the way? It is d-e-c-e-n-t.

I arree w you, But i never dealt w him , so like i said im only going off word of mouth experiencesAgain, you haven't been listening. If you'd look at all the Hate On TCAB threads...well, why do you think those threads exist in the first place? People telling ('word of mouth' albeit in typed text) about how horrible their experience has been dealing (or trying to deal) with Mark and his assinine business practices.

pfft..:eyebrow: Which one ..??? Theres 20 new tcab/mark potts/phat hz/type r hate threads a week ??See above. There's good reason for this.

I cannot speak to the quality of his product by itself. I have no personal experience with either a TCAB box or a Type R to tell the truth. The bottom line here is when you're told you would have the box that is already "in full" paid for in 4 or 5 weeks and 4 or 5 months later you still have nothing but empty promises from the fella that already has your money? It is a business doomed to failure. I do not care how good any given product is ~ if you cannot use that product because you do not have it then it isn't worth squat.

Mark has failed as a businessman.
Mark has failed as a salesman.
Mark has failed at life and he has no one to blame but himself.

If he get his mess straightened out and after doing so keep his house in order and realize his limitations then good for him! If he is making a product that his customers (those that actually eventually receive something) like the results from then good for him! Aside from that? I have no sympathy for him for nothing more than the way he has repeatedly treated scores of people. It's pitiful and it's abhorrant.

snb778
06-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Then you haven't been listening at all. It is his total and complete lack of anything approaching customer service (repeated patterns of telling lie after lie after lie to multiple customers, failure to deliver anything resembling a product month after month after month, etc etc) that got him banned from this forum :fyi: Good CS indeed. By the way? It is d-e-c-e-n-t.

Again, you haven't been listening. If you'd look at all the Hate On TCAB threads...well, why do you think those threads exist in the first place? People telling

Mark is a world champion..Id say that comment can be eliminated just from that fact......BUT, BUT, I agree with a lot of what you said.

Prowler573
06-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Mark is a world champion..Id say that comment can be eliminated just from that fact......BUT, BUT, I agree with a lot of what you said.

Being a world champion makes it okay to repeatedly treat his customers like crap? I'm glad I am not from the same universe as you...

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 09:57 PM

Hmmm, are you in line after Tommy and some of the others to give him head? Seems like it. No one gives a **** if he is the super-duper-world champion of all champions, he stole money from me and others. I hope one of the batts in his blazer catches on fire and burns his **** to the gorund.

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 09:57 PM
that means he didn't fail at a tournament. He HAS infact fail thus far at life

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 09:59 PM
that means he didn't fail at a tournament. He HAS infact fail thus far at life

and should throw himself off a bridge, as I have recommended before.

Prowler573
06-24-2006, 10:00 PM
:clap: Good going, snb778. That remark absolutely backfired when it was completely shut down in multiple ways. Judges decision? No points awarded.

Pyro_By_Nature
06-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Being a world champion makes it okay to repeatedly treat his customers like crap? I'm glad I am not from the same universe as you...

That universe comment litterally made me lol.

snb778
06-24-2006, 10:25 PM
as far as being a failure in life...id say being a world champ is MORE than any of you can say.

Ali1
06-24-2006, 10:27 PM
i am a TCAB owner. His customer service is horrible. As you can see from alll these threads about him saying "he will ship out next day, and a different excuse everyday" If prochobo will build you a box for alot cheaper, i would def. go with his. It looks better and more cleaner than my TCAB. All those images you seen on the TCAB site, It's not what your box is gonna look like. My box looked ****** compared to the pics i seen on the site. It was not carpeted completely. On top of that, the carpet was coming off easily. Carpet was very sticky for some reason. Ports were still wet (pissed me off). Last but not least, there were chunks of glue on the inside of the flared ports. I had to scrape it off myself. I emailed him concerning and asking for a new completed box, he replies with a " i think your box just needs a touchup" I never gave it back to him to "touchup" because i probably would have to wait several weeks for it again. Fact of the matter is, my box should of never been given to me if it needed a "touchup"

Oh yeah, my box was not shipped to me on the same day he said it would be. I emailed him concerning about my box, and he tells me " he totally forgot about my box, and he will do it another day"

Can't say much about comparing boxes because i had a different setup with my other box. IMO, next time i would buy some 4'' ports, and some MDF and you got a TCAB. Just plan everything carefully before anything. My box looked ******.

Do i think it's worth the money? NO

If it's worth the money, fine. It's worth the money, but not the wait. People been paying since Feb, march, and April and still haven't received any boxes. Like i said earlier, if prochobo or other many people can build you boxes for cheaper, would definately go that route.

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 10:27 PM
as far as being a failure in life...id say being a world champ is MORE than any of you can say.
i'm a GOOD PERSON and a GREAT FATHER that is more then he will ever be able to say. who gives a **** if he is a world champ at something we all do for a hobby, does that make him a success as a human? You seem to not be able to grasp this concept

bimma85
06-24-2006, 10:28 PM
he must be making the traffic lights go crazy :looksatsig: :laugh:

How many of the BEST OF THE BEST, are in mecca? J/C.

snb778
06-24-2006, 10:28 PM
im not excusing his service AT ALL...i never said in here that it was good...all im saying is that being a world champ is a huuuge life accomplishment. I dont have an accomplishment that big...yet

and there are A LOTTTTT more good people and good fathers than there are world champs....being a good person and a good father is personal pride....if you want to brag about that...nobody cares...you can hold your head high about that...but if you go to a show...tell me...how many people say "HEY, holy crap check it out...its that guy whos a great father......."yeaaaa, i heard hes a great person to!"

that is just something that should happen. Being a good father goes along with being a good person. If your not a good person, how can you be a good father.

Im not defending Marks Business here at all...stop coming at me like I am...Im just saying that being a world champ is a big lifetime accomplishment...afterall....if ANY of you are competitors...isnt that wher eyou would like to be? Stop hatin on me!, DONE!

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 10:29 PM

Uhmmm, I now think you should join him on the bridge. Word Champion of what? Some fvcking car audio competition. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with wanting to compete and do well, but to have that as the defining moment in you worthless and insignificant life is a little much. And I think that puts you one step below him for never being a champ at anything, but yet you ride his nuts and hope it validates your meager existance. Shut the fvck up and go lick Marks balls so he will refund my money, c0cksucker.

bimma85
06-24-2006, 10:30 PM
im not excusing his service AT ALL...i never said in here that it was good...all im saying is that being a world champ is a huuuge life accomplishment. I dont have an accomplishment that big...yet
seems, from what I've read about mecca, that his is the world champ of one of the shitties organizations. Seems like the iowa cubs saying they are world series champs(best in baseball) because they won the AAA (which they wont) :)

Prowler573
06-24-2006, 10:31 PM
as far as being a failure in life...id say being a world champ is MORE than any of you can say. I still hold records from the state swim league I was in as a teenager. Does anyone that wasn't around for that process give a crap now that it is years down the road from that happening? No. They don't.

World champions in the lanes come and go. Is Mark the current world champion? No. He isn't. Will people remember years down the road that he once was? Not likely.

Will the people that he has repeatedly treated with nothing remotely approaching anything resembling respect remember how crappy they were dealt with once years have passed? Absolutely they will.

Personally I would rather live in anonymity than infamy given a choice.

bimma85
06-24-2006, 10:32 PM
i am a TCAB owner. His customer service is horrible. As you can see from alll these threads about him saying "he will ship out next day, and a different excuse everyday" If prochobo will build you a box for alot cheaper, i would def. go with his. It looks better and more cleaner than my TCAB. All those images you seen on the TCAB site, It's not what your box is gonna look like. My box looked ****** compared to the pics i seen on the site. It was not carpeted completely. On top of that, the carpet was coming off easily. Carpet was very sticky for some reason. Ports were still wet (pissed me off). Last but not least, there were chunks of glue on the inside of the flared ports. I had to scrape it off myself. I emailed him concerning and asking for a new completed box, he replies with a " i think your box just needs a touchup" I never gave it back to him to "touchup" because i probably would have to wait several weeks for it again. Fact of the matter is, my box should of never been given to me if it needed a "touchup"

Oh yeah, my box was not shipped to me on the same day he said it would be. I emailed him concerning about my box, and he tells me " he totally forgot about my box, and he will do it another day"

Can't say much about comparing boxes because i had a different setup with my other box. IMO, next time i would buy some 4'' ports, and some MDF and you got a TCAB. Just plan everything carefully before anything. My box looked ******.

Do i think it's worth the money? NO

If it's worth the money, fine. It's worth the money, but not the wait. People been paying since Feb, march, and April and still haven't received any boxes. Like i said earlier, if prochobo or other many people can build you boxes for cheaper, would definately go that route.
tcab ftl, I could have told you that :)

bimma85
06-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Personally I would rather live in anonymity than infamy given a choice.
for the most part, :word:

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 10:35 PM
we all understand he gets loud. so do ALOT of other people. so COULD alot of other people. he is a POS, there is NO denying that, he doesn't deserve to be apart of a team that has such a good reputation. he does not deserve to build boxes for a business. i wish i had the money/knowledge to do something like that. Notice i didn't say time to do it cuz i wouldn't waste my time competing, much much better things i can think of.

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Then you haven't been listening at all. It is his total and complete lack of anything approaching customer service (repeated patterns of telling lie after lie after lie to multiple customers, failure to deliver anything resembling a product month after month after month, etc etc) that got him banned from this forum :fyi: Good CS indeed. By the way? It is d-e-c-e-n-t.

Again, you haven't been listening. If you'd look at all the Hate On TCAB threads...well, why do you think those threads exist in the first place? People telling ('word of mouth' albeit in typed text) about how horrible their experience has been dealing (or trying to deal) with Mark and his assinine business practices.

See above. There's good reason for this.

I cannot speak to the quality of his product by itself. I have no personal experience with either a TCAB box or a Type R to tell the truth. The bottom line here is when you're told you would have the box that is already "in full" paid for in 4 or 5 weeks and 4 or 5 months later you still have nothing but empty promises from the fella that already has your money? It is a business doomed to failure. I do not care how good any given product is ~ if you cannot use that product because you do not have it then it isn't worth squat.

Mark has failed as a businessman.
Mark has failed as a salesman.

If he get his mess straightened out and after doing so keep his house in order and realize his limitations then good for him! If he is making a product that his customers (those that actually eventually receive something) like the results from then good for him! Aside from that? I have no sympathy for him for nothing more than the way he has repeatedly treated scores of people. It's pitiful and it's abhorrant.

ok u win :)

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 10:37 PM
meca.com will tell all i guess:)

Ali1
06-24-2006, 10:37 PM
tcab ftl, I could have told you that :)

lol!

snb778
06-24-2006, 10:39 PM
I still hold records from the state swim league I was in as a teenager. Does anyone that wasn't around for that process give a crap now that it is years down the road from that happening? No. They don't.

But i bet that is a pretty big personal accomplishment to you right...and i guarantee you, if that record is posted anywhere, its looked at every day, and people in swimming are trying to beat your record every day...you just might take what you did for granted,

And Mark is a big reason why Team Phat Hertz is as good as they are...he does help a lot of his team out, and do builds for quite a few people on his team...as far as I know

but again, im not defending his services, or business....ask me 2 weeks ago...I had his back...but there have been a ton of complaints about him...especially in the last few weeks.

bimma85
06-24-2006, 10:40 PM
http://www.mecacaraudio.com/spl/top12.php?class=Modified+2&Submit=Go

According to that, mark has neither the highest score nor the most points in that class...didnt check em all. What class are you talking about btw?

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 10:43 PM
well like em or hate em... !50 on the TL(in numerous occasions) have been hit w >1000 dollar systems :) love it or hate it.. ive sen it

snb778
06-24-2006, 10:43 PM
I saw him testing today with his TL..he did a 154.4..I think his run score was like a 154.? Im not sure what class he is in though. The reason he doesnt have any more points is because he has only been to like 2 or 3 shows this year....Since he won finals last year doesnt that mean he is automatically invited next year?? I dunno?

and MECA's website *****...they dont post crap...i hate it.

bimma85
06-24-2006, 10:44 PM
I saw him testing today with his TL..he did a 154.4..I think his run score was like a 154.? Im not sure what class he is in though. The reason he doesnt have any more points is because he has only been to like 2 or 3 shows this year....Since he won finals last year doesnt that mean he is automatically invited next year?? I dunno?
I thought being sponsored by kicker, they require him to go to even more shows than before? :crazy:
As for finals...??? Im still trying to figure out if most of the real "big dogs" are even in meca ;(

hzsogood
06-24-2006, 10:45 PM

i think itsa sad tho, that mark could win top 3 at the db drag world finals w/ type r's in street

snb778
06-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I thought being sponsored by kicker, they require him to go to even more shows than before? :crazy:
As for finals...??? Im still trying to figure out if most of the real "big dogs" are even in meca ;(

i mean whether they are or not...how would they do in meca? Lets see them put together a 150+ DAILY system at 32 Hz. The thing you have to think about is he knows the Type R's...that is his "specialty" he's got that sub mastered...so why not go with what you know. He is one of the only person that can put up the numbers he can at 30-33 Hz...Which is a more realistic frequency for everyday listening...Personally I could give 2 shiznits about how hard you can hit at 70 Hz.. cause I never listen to bass that high anyways...and neither do any of you. Thats closer to midbass for me.

bimma85
06-24-2006, 10:50 PM
i mean whether they are or not...how would they do in meca? Lets see them put together a 150+ DAILY system at 32 Hz. The thing you have to think about is he knows the Type R's...that is his "specialty" he's got that sub mastered...so why not go with what you know. He is one of the only person that can put up the numbers he can at 30-33 Hz...Which is a more realistic frequency for everyday listening...Personally I could give 2 shiznits about how hard you can hit at 70 Hz.. cause I never listen to bass that high anyways...and neither do any of you. Thats closer to midbass for me.
you were complaining before because your xxx wouldnt play up past 60 :confused: :crap: ;)

snb778
06-24-2006, 10:50 PM
when? where? my box for that was tuned to 33 hz.....????

I mean what you just said is like saying "ohhh, Alex Rodriguez is a BS athlete...hes incredible at baseball...but if he cant shoot a goal in soccer from 30 yards out...then he *****, he has no flexibility as an athlete.

Randy Savage
06-24-2006, 10:52 PM
i think itsa sad tho, that mark could win top 3 at the db drag world finals w/ type r's in street

Street B they're in the 158's...with 1 battery, 4 amps, car off, and cannot be above window line.

Last I remember, he had a wall, and was running 16v.

That would put him in SS1-2, which are in the high 160's...

Oh, and dB Drag= dash, MECA=kick, IIRC.

bimma85
06-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Street B they're in the 158's...with 1 battery, 4 amps, car off, and cannot be above window line.

Last I remember, he had a wall, and was running 16v.

That would put him in SS1-2, which are in the high 160's...
So....pretty much you're saying he's a minor league world champ? ;)

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 10:54 PM
snb778: Please remove TCAB **** from your ***.

snb778
06-24-2006, 10:55 PM
aaaaaaahahahahahahah, wow your gay.

and for the 50,000th time...if you know that number....when was I defending tcab here.

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 11:02 PM
and for the 50,000th time...if you know that number....when was I defending tcab here.

If I know the number? Aren't you the one who said "I feel like when im bumpin once it gets dark....the street lights often go out. I was driving home the other night and like 3 street lights went out in like 15 minutes."

I can't even believe I am arguing with you, you just don't know any better.

snb778
06-24-2006, 11:05 PM
wow, good comeback...you should go on that TV show "Yo Momma" where they try to see who has the best lines to rip on people...you are really reallllllly good. So original..where did you learn all of this from. Im almost crying because Im hurt sooooo bad.

bimma85
06-24-2006, 11:05 PM
If I know the number? Aren't you the one who said "I feel like when im bumpin once it gets dark....the street lights often go out. I was driving home the other night and like 3 street lights went out in like 15 minutes."

I can't even believe I am arguing with you, you just don't know any better.
did I give you permission to use my sig!?!? ;) :D

psst you forgot about his xxx sitting on his backseat ;)

snb778
06-24-2006, 11:07 PM
:clap: When is the next time any of you will be at a comp with Mark? I really want to know, because I want to be there to witness that you are all *******, and wont say S HIT to his face. You all talk a real good cyber-game though.

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 11:08 PM
did I give you permission to use my sig!?!? ;) :D

psst you forgot about his xxx sitting on his backseat ;)

Sorry, I will go sit in the corner for not asking first. XXX in the backseat? Nice.

snb778
06-24-2006, 11:09 PM
no floorboard in trunk at the time...got any other mind boggling questions though genius? Im glad to see that you are actually spending the time to go back and see what I said..keep diggin.

Sat. Night...and your gonna be sitting at home im guessing...you're doin well.

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 11:09 PM
:clap: When is the next time any of you will be at a comp with Mark? I really want to know, because I want to be there to witness that you are all *******, and wont say S HIT to his face. You all talk a real good cyber-game though.

Uhm, Dallas to Chicago is a hell of a road trip, and frankly I have better things to do. Believe me, I would definately find out where my cash is if I met him in person.

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 11:10 PM
Honestly, is there a reason you are riding his **** so hard?

mtdewelf
06-24-2006, 11:11 PM
why would someone be afraid to tell him he is a bad business man. it's not a opinion at this point. btw **** isn't censored for future reference.

toaster
06-24-2006, 11:11 PM
i'm a GOOD PERSON and a GREAT FATHER that is more then he will ever be able to say. who gives a **** if he is a world champ at something we all do for a hobby, does that make him a success as a human? You seem to not be able to grasp this concept

hey bud, i agree. being a good father is the BEST thing a man can do.

just wanted to chime in, after the response you got, that there are people who "give a crap" about that kinda stuff:)

bimma85
06-24-2006, 11:12 PM
:laugh:

snb778
06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
ohhh, so you are one of the people who ordered his box....I must ask...WHY'D YA DO IT?

and riding his ****...? The only **** being ridden tonight will be mine with your mom later tonight.