PDA

View Full Version : Bought 791xv are these sensor nessecary?

Mike yayo
06-24-2006, 10:17 AM
I just bought a 791xv and was gonna get a tilt sensor and a glass sensor but i was wondering if i get a glass break sensor would it do anything. Wouldnt the alarm go off if someone broke the window so whats the point in the glass break sensor? thanks

dkguitarist
06-24-2006, 10:19 AM
usually people will tap on the glass first to see if there is an alarm. if nothing happens, then they will shatter the window, reach in pop the hood, disconnect the battery, then proceed to rip you off. but if you have a blinking light, most of the time they'll leave. also, you should have a motion sensor anyways so it'll chirp if someone is too close.

xpl0it
06-24-2006, 05:32 PM
You can get an accessory from viper that only allows your key to open the hood, I suggest that.

danteBirosel
06-24-2006, 05:35 PM
You can get an accessory from viper that only allows your key to open the hood, I suggest that.

that sounds really interesting. i think i might get that soon.

ssj2xxgotenxx
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM

Or you can just by a backup battery...

xpl0it
06-25-2006, 12:43 PM
The key accessory is cheaper, and easier....

Black_Jesus
06-25-2006, 04:27 PM
i have mine loaded up with pretty much all of the security goodies besides the proximity sensor.

i live in colorado, the weather swings so much its crazy. just yesterday i was at my store, about 7:30 or so the skies darkened completely. it rained, then hailed, then sun came back out. all within about 15 minutes. another 15 minutes its bright as all hell and u cant tell it even rained/hailed.

proximity sensors are highly effected by temperature, the radar range can jump a foot or more from where its currently set when the temp changes.

being said that...

i run a viper 791xv, hood pin, trunk pin, doors protected also of course (all four not just the driver side that turns on the dome light when the handle is lifted), glass break sensor, shock sensor, battery backup for the brain, three battery backup sirens outside the car, two 140dB JC whitney pain generators inside (yep... they will do 140 alright...) and the original viper siren has been reprimanded to trunk duty.

bling factor: i use two blue LEDs for status indicators, one in each A pillar that shines across the dash, mounted low. looks ******* :)

sensitivity setup: a "test" tap on the glass will set it off full tilt (like you'd knock on the door of your girlfriends house at 4am trying not to wake her professional boxer father up ;) )

a kick to the tire sends the four warn off chirps, and a good nudge will set off the full triggered response. ive only had it go off once.

kinda funny, i got done helping one of my customers with a phone (old lady, id say mid 70s) and either she didnt like the way the car looked out there or she owned one that looked like it or wasnt paying attention to where she was going. set off the alarm. i leaned sideways (i was helping a customer) and saw her by my car. i laughed a bit, she was panicing, holding her head and sht lol so i silenced it.

was a good laugh... :)

HeatSeeker
07-08-2006, 09:20 PM
about how much did all that run you?

Dj-torn
07-09-2006, 08:24 PM
what did you shell out for all this?

Where can I find the pain generators, I looked in JC whitney byt couldn't find any.

Right now I have 2 Single tone 120db sirens inside,But with 140db that would ROCK.

RaGe420
07-13-2006, 06:01 PM
I would like to know as well to add them to my viper

Black_Jesus
07-15-2006, 02:17 PM
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2001355/showCustom-0/p-2001355/N-111+600006042+10210/c-10110 is the link for the siren.

me? including everything i shelled out about 1k or so so far. :) i have some more things left to do though.