arsonbob
06-23-2006, 11:45 PM
Gti

supraman1379
06-23-2006, 11:46 PM
GTI ftw

backtofront001
06-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Ah I feel it too...But the Eclipse is about half a second faster...why so hard decision

backtofront001
06-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Bump

backtofront001
06-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Come on' Now everyone has to have a preference if they were to just get one for free.

IF I SAID, HEY YOU GET A CAR FOR FREE, EITHER THE 2006 ECLIPSE GT OR 2006 GTI, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

azbass
06-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Gti, and lower it, first thing.

Towncar
06-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Neither are really my style of car, but ide go with the eclipse

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 12:02 AM
37 Views and 8 Posts, Can you guys not type like 2 words, just an opinion, which means FREE POST for EVERYONE

LoudCrownVic
06-24-2006, 12:02 AM
GTi, hands down! It would-
A. hold the value longer...
B. Be a classier car...

Beyond that it will most likely handle better and once modded will be way cooler and much more respectable than an eclipse. I like the new eclpises but VDubZ FTMFW!

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 12:04 AM
That is all I want, Thanks for demonstrating LoudVIC and everyone else who posted.

NOW EVERYONE POST. SO I CAN DECIDE. THIS IS CAUSING MANY SLEEPLESS NIGHTS

GrayMatter4tw
06-24-2006, 12:07 AM
id get a jetta instead of the gti but out of those two definitely the gti

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 12:10 AM
The reason why Jetta is not in the list is because I think it is a woman's car, or maybe where I live, so that is why is not being considered. Nonetheless, I deeply appreciate the opnion

spitfirees20
06-24-2006, 12:11 AM
VW *****, I work at a garage and not only are the same cars in there over and over again for new problems, the parts are exspensive as hell. They are cheap, ****** *** cars disguised as not so ****** *** cars, but they are, in the end, nothing more than ****** *** cars. Mitsubishis are better all around, qualitywise, performance (in the long run, let's see what your GTi runs 5 years from now... oh wait, it won't run), etc. This isn't my opinion, it's fact. Get a GTi if you love talking to people at the shop, or love the coffee there, or somthing. Get an eclipse if you want a nice car to drive for awhile.

vilinz1
06-24-2006, 12:13 AM
GTI all the way. It will run forever

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 12:16 AM
VW *****, I work at a garage and not only are the same cars in there over and over again for new problems, the parts are exspensive as hell. They are cheap, ****** *** cars disguised as not so ****** *** cars, but they are, in the end, nothing more than ****** *** cars. Mitsubishis are better all around, qualitywise, performance (in the long run, let's see what your GTi runs 5 years from now... oh wait, it won't run), etc. This isn't my opinion, it's fact. Get a GTi if you love talking to people at the shop, or love the coffee there, or somthing. Get an eclipse if you want a nice car to drive for awhile.

Dude you have made my problem even deeper. Godammit. Someone tell me ARE GTI's REALLY NOT RELIABLE.

Give me some feedback on reliability VW owners

spitfirees20
06-24-2006, 12:21 AM
DSomeone tell me ARE GTI's REALLY NOT RELIABLE.

Didn't I just tell you? Whatever, people who own them are like "oh yeah they rock, VW f0 LiF3!", obviously. There's reasons sites like http://www.vwsucks.com exsist. There's a reason they are in the shop all the time. Do what you want, if you really like them go ahead and get one. All cars have problems, VW cars just have more. All of my friends who drove them, had them break. Brand new ones too. I personally would never get a VW.

azbass
06-24-2006, 12:25 AM
some insperation

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/8730/page241118full2mn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/9392/p51952263da.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

go to www.vwvortex.com and look/ask around about the car.

bimma85
06-24-2006, 12:27 AM
its your car, you're spending the $....you decide :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna be driving it so why would I care? :confused: ;)

If I had to pick, I'd say neither FTMFW :)

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 12:28 AM
The grey one is so nice. If I do get one it is either going to be black or white

azbass
06-24-2006, 12:31 AM
silver stone grey ftw.

but really go out and drive one.

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 12:39 AM
silver stone grey ftw.

but really go out and drive one.

Answer one question man. Is your car reliable????

That one guy who said bad reliability really made me think once i had made up my mind

azbass
06-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Answer one question man. Is your car reliable????

That one guy who said bad reliability really made me think once i had made up my mind

yes. my car is thats why i got it, for travel, and just getting around, the motor i have is a very reliable motor (over the 1.8t) of course i just got it, but seriously, check vwvortex.com and ask around to the guys having thoes cars.

FoxPro5
06-24-2006, 12:46 AM
Prius :p:

I would take the Mitsu myself just for the reliablity. That VW might last for ever, but do you want to fix it all the time to keep it for 250,000 miles. How long do you plan on owning it?? Jesus Christ doesn't ANYONE know how to think for themselves and make decisions anymore!!! :furious: :rolleyes:

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 12:49 AM
Prius FTL

Storm90
06-24-2006, 02:59 AM
i rather have the GTI. Eclipses can be unreliable too. Remember "why walk your dog when u can walk your crank"

Storm90
06-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Haha

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 03:52 AM
haha

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Owned VW and Audi, take the GTI, you won't be dissapointed.

dkguitarist
06-24-2006, 11:11 AM
gti.

PatFitz9
06-24-2006, 11:39 AM
i just bought a new GLI and it's awesome. another plus, it's not a station wagon :P

heyman421
06-24-2006, 11:49 AM

i bought a 1991 golf in boston, and drove the thing 14 hours back from boston to akron in one shot, and not so much as a hiccup, and got 34mpg at that. And as for 'how was the car maintained,' i found out ONCE I GOT THERE TO PICK IT UP that the dude i bought it from got it from a "family-run used car dealer....." Shady. The car had 49,000 original miles, said 999,999,999 miles on the title, and had an actual mileage title :crazy: So i don't know what was going on there.....

And then i sold the 91, and bought an 87 that ran consistant 13.9-13.7 1/4's naturally aspirated, even feathering the clutch to take it easy on the old transmission and it always go me home afterwards.

It's all about maintainance. Both cars were owned and maintained by enthusiasts, not just people looking for cheap transportation. Just get a car you LOVE, and treat it like you do, and it will keep you happy, no matter what brand you buy.

bigbangtheory
06-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Lol at you guys picking the Eclispe over the Gti. Hell I own a 2002 eclispe GTS and when i thought about trading my car in for the new body style, all it took was a test drive. I still have my 02 eclispe and its slow. The newer ones are a little faster but I just didnt care for them. If I was you I would jump all over the GTi. Tested one before I bought my St Focus and I loved it. Fast, good on gas, takes the turns like a dream and is sharp to boot. Get the GTi!

backtofront001
06-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Prius :p:

I would take the Mitsu myself just for the reliablity. That VW might last for ever, but do you want to fix it all the time to keep it for 250,000 miles. How long do you plan on owning it?? Jesus Christ doesn't ANYONE know how to think for themselves and make decisions anymore!!! :furious: :rolleyes:

I plan on owning it for probably like 70-90 thousand miles. About making decisions on my own which I will ultimately have to do because I am buying the car. By posting I am just getting people's opinions. Just want to see what people would do in my situation.

Also the fact that Mitsubishi, the corporation is dying does not make it a very attractive choice.

mikeyboc
06-24-2006, 09:15 PM
Gti

snb778
06-24-2006, 09:16 PM
i voted GTI...but now that I think about it... Eclipse...Looks better...its faster, Mitsubishi is a MUCH better car. better design.

theCybe
06-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Get the GTI, friend.

theCybe
06-24-2006, 10:42 PM
There are cars that are timeless, and there are cars that are fads.

Look at the Celicas.
Look at the Tiburons.
Look at the Eclipse.

Look at the Volkswagen line.
Look at the Audi line.
Look at BMW.

bumpin_blazer
06-25-2006, 03:02 AM
eclipse and mitsu in general make crap cars. my friends 02 galant has had issue's since he bought it and he hates the car. he's a mechanic and after reading the post about VW's are always in that guys shop he wants to know what shop as he thinks it's sorta bull. but as jmac said VW's have had quality control issues since mid 90's and until the 04 and newer line it was a 50/50 shot for good quality. that being said, the new eclipse's look funny in person and after driving one on the debate of G35, speed6 or new eclipse, it's down to G35 and speed6 with the eclipse being a pile.

turn it up
06-25-2006, 03:47 AM

I agreed with him and I'll make it easy for you. Pick the GTI if you can afford all the maintenence and parts. Pick the Eclipse if you want something more affordable down the line to maintain. European car's parts are expensive man. Think about if something break down and how much it will end up costing you? Not too mention there isnt alot of mechanic shop who knows how to fix European car. Most of the shop around where I live are specialize in japanese/domestic mainly. Goto a dealer everytime there is a problem and they'll charge you an arm n leg. Personally the only Euro car I would get is a BMW or Mercedez. And even if I could afford one; I wouldnt get it unless I know I can handle the maintence cost.

ngsm13
06-25-2006, 04:28 AM
Vee dub...

nG

bimma85
06-25-2006, 04:32 AM
rsx type s :D

out of two vw

bigbangtheory
06-25-2006, 08:26 AM
eclipse and mitsu in general make crap cars. my friends 02 galant has had issue's since he bought it and he hates the car. he's a mechanic and after reading the post about VW's are always in that guys shop he wants to know what shop as he thinks it's sorta bull. but as jmac said VW's have had quality control issues since mid 90's and until the 04 and newer line it was a 50/50 shot for good quality. that being said, the new eclipse's look funny in person and after driving one on the debate of G35, speed6 or new eclipse, it's down to G35 and speed6 with the eclipse being a pile.

I dont think all of Mitz cars are crap, nor do I think the new one is total crap, just half crap, lol! I love my 02 eclispe, maybe becasue once I am in it, it is very comfortable. I still to this date haven't had one problem. I have owned the car since new in 2002 and it has not once been to the dealer or any other mechanic shop. Well besides me giving it an oil change at my dads shop.;) Overall I love it, just think after testing the GTi that it has more a fun factor, plus it is pretty dam fast. I say if you have the money still get the Gti. Also dont help that the new body style of the eclispe is killing their sales on it. Hell we have a Mitz dealer right down the road from where I live and they have a **** ton of new eclispes there. I think I have seen 2 of them around my area since them changing to the new style. :crazy:

bumpin_blazer
06-25-2006, 03:57 PM
the price vs. the gti and eclipse GT is also what 3 grand in favor of the GTI? i think the invoice price i've seen on a GTi is like 19,500 with no options while the eclipse is around 24. then again what bigbang said is true, they can't sell the GT's so perhaps you can barter;).

backtofront001
06-25-2006, 04:05 PM
There are cars that are timeless, and there are cars that are fads.

Look at the Celicas.
Look at the Tiburons.
Look at the Eclipse.

Look at the Volkswagen line.
Look at the Audi line.
Look at BMW.

Well Put my friend!!

SQBubble
06-27-2006, 02:51 PM
GTi over eclipse...
they HANDLE like CRAZY, and are VERY fast, and x2 on they are made in Germany not like older models which were made in Mexico.....which means they are reliable and good build quality
but the only thing is... u have to mod it a bit to make it look lot better, looks very ugly when stock but looks very different/good when modded.

nferra2
06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
GTi, even better R32

theCybe
06-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Somebody on here had Porsche rims on his - looked really good.

alpine3612
06-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Eclipse.........

Couldnt see myself driving a VW, seems more of a womans car.

DaveT
06-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I personally hate the VWs seeing as I have worked on some at my dads shop biggest pains in the a$$. when you weld on them a god **** pool of wax comes out of the panels:crazy:

noob with an RS
06-27-2006, 03:51 PM
2007 honda civic SI > GTI > shitsubishi eclipse

get the GTI and ill smoke you with my SI

backtofront001
06-29-2006, 06:06 AM
2007 honda civic SI > GTI > shitsubishi eclipse

get the GTI and ill smoke you with my SI

The GTi is faster than the Civic Si!! So all you will see would be my tail lights

Lckmyblls
06-29-2006, 10:14 AM
gti

heyman421
06-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Couldnt see myself driving a VW, seems more of a womans car.

Problem here?

They love 'em... I don't see a problem

Ruthless Pastor
06-29-2006, 10:19 AM
I owned a '00 Passat 1.8T for about 2 1/2 years. I loved the car, specifically the way in handled, the performance and the versatility. It was totalled in an accident about 3 months ago...RIP.
I bought an Acura CL-S instead of another Passat. The reason was because of reliability issues. It is a well documented fact that the last generation of VW's had some serious engineering and quality control issues such as oil sludging, coil packs, control arms, panel fitment, window frames, etc.
It took them a very long time to develop the new cars. The B5 Passat was first made in '98; it took until the '06 model year for the B6 to come out. 8 years is an eternity in the car business to come out with a replacement model. I would be willing to bet that the quality and reliability of the new models is much better than that of the last generation. VW is embarrassed at how bad their reputation was besmirched because of the quality issues. Of course, new data is not readily available yet as to the reliability of the new gen. Also consider the warranty; if it's still 4 years/50,000 miles then you are set for a long time.
Another big thing to consider is the VW culture. I too was a member of VW Vortex and PassatWorld. There was a wealth of information available including DIY's with pix on anything I ever wanted to do to my car. Plus, the attitude of the members was fantastic. It reminds me a lot of this forum as a matter of fact. Most people are willing to help out and the scumbags get tossed. I am now a member of Acurazine and the difference is shocking to me; to say it's not the same would be a gross understatement. I don't know anything about the Mitsubishi culture, if indeed there even is one. There is much pride that comes from being a VW owner and from my point of view the new GTI is the jewel of the lot. It doesn't get the most publicity by mistake. Since you're a member of this forum I think you would also enjoy being a VW owner.
That's my $.02; good luck with your decision but keep us posted. I would like to see what kind of a system you put in and how it turns out.