PDA

View Full Version : Box Builders

xluben
06-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Is there anyone in MN (preferebly Twin Cities or northern metro), that would be willing to cut some MDF for me?

I'd like to design the box myself and I could purchase the MDF (unless you can offer it cheaper), but I don't have the tools available to make the cuts (especially the woofer cutouts). I'd also probably want to assemble it myself (unless you did it for VERY cheap).

Anyone in the area let me know. I'd be looking to do this in a month or so.

(If this is the wrong forum please point me in the right direction)

Lakota
06-24-2006, 12:32 AM
Have a Lowes or HD locally?

draarong2004
06-24-2006, 04:06 AM
idk bout the hole cutouts, have to do a little search for that, heck, ask your dad if he has any friends that have routers or jigsaw's and know how to use them, that is if no one on here lives near enough to help. but any lowe's will do the cuts for you, just remember, its about 25 cents per extra cut, first cut is free, at least thats how it works around here, and i only know that because i have my wood cut in half if i can afford to, makes it easier to handle when i get home and cut it myself.

xluben
06-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Home Depot and Menards locally. I might be able to find a Lowes somewhere. Maybe I could get them to do the straight cuts. It'll probably just be 7 rectangles, but then I still need someone with a router. I was thinking about buying cirlce jig with my next PE order just in case I can find someone with a router.

draarong2004
06-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Home Depot and Menards locally. I might be able to find a Lowes somewhere. Maybe I could get them to do the straight cuts. It'll probably just be 7 rectangles, but then I still need someone with a router. I was thinking about buying cirlce jig with my next PE order just in case I can find someone with a router.
whoa whoa there horsey, anything can be made into a circile jig, your better off with a 1/2" piece of wood and a drill bit, then spending 20 bux on a circile jig.

xluben
06-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Drill Bit?

For the routering? Or to hold the piece of wood in place.

I thought the point of a circle jig was to properly mount the router to. I guess a piece of wood could work just as good.

Is there any way I can do this with a cordless drill or a dremel?

draarong2004
06-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Drill Bit?

For the routering? Or to hold the piece of wood in place.

I thought the point of a circle jig was to properly mount the router to. I guess a piece of wood could work just as good.

Is there any way I can do this with a cordless drill or a dremel?
drill bit to drill the hole for the bit on the router, or rotozip, or if you have a beefy enough dremmel with a strong skinny bit, yea you could use that, but idk bout a drill, you'll need more than one piece of wood, and when i, or the people i know come accross this post and put the picture up, it'll give you an idea of how to setup the dremel, rotozip.