PDA

View Full Version : BBP Box Design

qtipextra
06-23-2006, 02:25 AM
This is my first attempt at a serious box design. I am trying to achieve a little lower extention (28hz) and a bigger box (3 cu. ft per sub net area), and be a little louder. Do u think this would be better then my current box? (4 cu. ft tuned to 30 hz. 2 cu. ft per sub net)

Please tell me why. I want to learn what is better, worse, all that good stuff.

Volenti
06-23-2006, 05:23 AM
In my opinion there's not enough difference to justify a new enclosure. It's like 2db louder at 28hz. Only do it if you want to make the new box with better construction.

No offense but these drivers sim terribly for low frequency extension in conventional enclosures, I can't even get a car suitable TL to work nicely with them, they'd probablly suit a front loaded horn but there's no point even trying to sim them in that since the horn would be twice the size of your car...

PV Audio
06-23-2006, 06:53 AM
I'd do it even if it won't work. That way you cuan see what the computer's ideas sound like.

xpl0it
06-23-2006, 09:32 AM
^^^^^ what do you mean?

qtipextra
06-23-2006, 09:41 AM
I think he means that I should waste some money. But he's saying that I should try it to see what the results would be like, the results from the coputer.

When I first posted up my scores from a competition, a lot of people told me if I wanted to be louder, I needed a new box. People told me that even doin a low tuned box it could be louder. How would that be achieved then?

PV Audio
06-23-2006, 10:11 AM
^^^^^ what do you mean?

I think he means that I should waste some money. But he's saying that I should try it to see what the results would be like, the results from the coputer.

When I first posted up my scores from a competition, a lot of people told me if I wanted to be louder, I needed a new box. People told me that even doin a low tuned box it could be louder. How would that be achieved then?
If you consider learning about how your subs behave in different boxes wasting money, then yes. Otherwise, I consider it gaining knowledge.

It wouldn't be louder to the mic, it would be louder to you. I don't know what your box is tuned to though so I can't comment yet.

qtipextra
06-23-2006, 10:29 AM
If you consider learning about how your subs behave in different boxes wasting money, then yes. Otherwise, I consider it gaining knowledge.

It wouldn't be louder to the mic, it would be louder to you. I don't know what your box is tuned to though so I can't comment yet.

I think that it would be good to try it too, so I can get an idea.

My current boxed is tuned to 30hz.