PDA

View Full Version : Should I use rear speakers?

viperrgh2
06-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Im putting a system in my marquis, getting a 1200mono amp and 2 12" cvrs, jvc standard deck and cdt coxials in the front with either 80 or 90rms not sure which yet.. Should I run rear 6x9s.. I would like to have full a sound and worried with the big subs mid-lowish range will be lacking but I dont wanna spend alot money so I was thinking of getting cheap 6x9s but would i just blow them then running the others at there right volume? Should i maybe just run no rears? Please gimmie some advice and like which speakers to get ... thanks.. If needed I could get a cheap amp for speakers but would rather not..

alphakenny1
06-22-2006, 06:45 PM
its all personal preference but i prefer not to have rears. brings the soundstage back. what are you using for your front stage?

Prowler573
06-22-2006, 06:50 PM
The overwhelming majority here seemingly feel that rear fill of any kind is an unnecessary waste at best or a completely foolish endeavor at worst.

Myself? I'm the atypical one and I not only like rear fill I like amplified rear fill so it is all a matter of personal preference.

If you do not clip the signal being sent to the rears you shouldn't run into any problems blowing them while playing the rest of the setup at whatever volume.

LoudCrownVic
06-22-2006, 06:52 PM
I kind of like a little sound coming from the back of the car.. Thing that ***** about speakers in the back dash is that they really don't have any stereo seperation to speak of...

viperrgh2
06-22-2006, 08:02 PM
if i put crappier speakers in the rear cud i simply change the balane more to the front on my hu?

James Bang
06-22-2006, 10:04 PM
I prefer no rears. but if i would have rears.. i would only wnat them to play midbass, and nothing else.

Darkstarling
06-22-2006, 10:10 PM
exactly, screw 6x9's and go for 6.5's in the rear dash instead, front=highs,backseat=mids,trunk=loows is my preference. Don't free-air the mids though, seal them from the trunk. To begin with I had 6x9's in the rear deck and when my subs would hit, it would force the 6x9s to move in excess from the pressure which ended up blowing them, so always seal the rear deck speakers from the subs unless you have walmart subs.