PDA

View Full Version : Reciever for >$900

InhumanAcura
06-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Cant make up my mind...

Looking at the Marantz SR8500, Yamaha RX-V2600, etc...have a LCD that is 1080 capable...

what other recievers would be considered to be in the same class/capabilities??

also, whats a good home audio/ht forum i can find some good info??

me = teh noob

backtofront001
06-22-2006, 05:41 PM
Look at the new Denon

Beat_Dominator
06-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Hmm that Marantz is a nice piece.... The Yamaha's are mhighly regarded as well. I'd also look into offerings from Pioneer (Elite) and Denon. You've got a lot of options in that price range.

What it would most likely come down to is the number of inputs/outputs and how the unit looks. The compitition is so high in that market it's tough to make a bad decision.

InhumanAcura
06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
What it would most likely come down to is the number of inputs/outputs and how the unit looks. The compitition is so high in that market it's tough to make a bad decision.

exactly...thats why i cant make up my mind, lol..

anyone have any personal experience with units in the price range? or recommend a forum where i could find some people with some hands on info?

I really like the look of the marantz, but i dont want that to be my reason for buying it...then find out i could have spent less and got the same amount of performance if not more...

basically, money is not object up to $900 (lol :blush: ) what would some of y'all go with?

Look at the new Denon

yeah, also looking at the avr-3806...pretty nice

Beat_Dominator
06-22-2006, 05:58 PM
http://www.avsforum.com/ ; www.htguide.com ; http://www.hometheaterforum.com are all decent places.

joetama
06-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Yamaha FTW, Pioneer Elite is also really good.

Also, check out Rotel they are really good. The onlything I would go for other than those two....

jlaine
06-22-2006, 07:42 PM
yeah, also looking at the avr-3806...pretty nice

I have the year prior 3805 - it is a solid unit and works quite well - I quit using the main channels when I threw on my B&K 4433, but it definitely has some snort and a gob of features.

adam71
06-27-2006, 07:34 AM
I have the year prior 3805 - it is a solid unit and works quite well - I quit using the main channels when I threw on my B&K 4433, but it definitely has some snort and a gob of features.

I also own this model and I have to agree its an extremely solid performer. The new 3806 also incorporates HDMI switching which my 3805 did not. But 120 watts/channel is quite worth the grand you'll pay for it.