PDA

View Full Version : F150 box question

leeh23
06-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi i have regualr cab for f150 and i have three pheonix gold 12 woofers and there are already in a nice box but it will not fit behind the seats. But i also have a tanoue cover covering the bed of my truck. Could i possibly put them back there? Also would it sound good being in box of my truck? Thanks

ampresearch
06-22-2006, 02:00 PM
not unless you do a blow through. which is not hard at all you just have to be willing to cut large holes in your truck.

Trey803
06-22-2006, 02:03 PM
HA I tried this about a week ago with 2 l7 12's just for shits n giggles. First off the bed of f-150's rattles like no other. Second the tonaue cover will violently shake and also make noises. Not a good idea. I have the same problem as you no space so I think I'm putting a IDQ in a sealed box and going for the whole SQ thing. Has any one fit 2 12's and still remaind comfortable in a reg cab f-150?

ampresearch
06-22-2006, 03:18 PM
HA I tried this about a week ago with 2 l7 12's just for shits n giggles. First off the bed of f-150's rattles like no other. Second the tonaue cover will violently shake and also make noises. Not a good idea. I have the same problem as you no space so I think I'm putting a IDQ in a sealed box and going for the whole SQ thing. Has any one fit 2 12's and still remaind comfortable in a reg cab f-150?

my first truck was a standard cab and i did 4 12's in a long wedge sealed box.
it totaled about 3 cubes. the main reason i did it was becasue the shop i was dealing with at the time said it could not be done. it could have hit alot harder however in a proper box. as is i only hit 136 on the glass. not very good for four 12s and 3000 watts of power. but it looked killer to see all those subs when i flipped up the seat.

I have all kinds of set ups in my f150. but they were all sealed. now i'm moving to ported and i'm lost

leeh23
06-22-2006, 06:42 PM
Hey alright figured out what im going to do just got done throwing a sealed box together that fits behind seat of my truck perfectly. I didnt even hav eto move my seat up becuase i fit the box under the little ledge that the f150's behind the seats. Ill being hooking up three 12's somtime next week. I'll let u know how they sounds.