PDA

View Full Version : My box idea

rawp0wer1o1
06-21-2006, 02:29 PM
This is my idea for my box....Ive never designed a box before in my life

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/switchride/box.jpg

Am I even heading in the right direction or should I just shoot my self in the face right now? I got 2 shallowmount pioneer 12''s and i have 4 pioneer 300watt 6x9's the box is only going to be about 4 or 5 inches deep.....the box is going behind my seat in a reg cab chevy 1500 pick up so i dont have alot of room to play with....Im not actually building the box my self im just drawing the plans and having my father whos a carpenter that makes cabinets and furniture etc actually make the box...should I keep working on this design or just start over? (all the measurments are in inches and yes it looks ****** cause I did it in paint)

Beat_Dominator
06-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Well it's a start. You need to find the area of some ports...... You would also need to decide on a depth, 4-5" isn't good enough, you need to decide whether it's going to be 4" or 5" :)

Beat_Dominator
06-21-2006, 02:42 PM
...Oh and please kill the idea of 6x9's in the box, it will do nothing for you...it'll just cost $$ and sound weird :(

mikeyboc
06-21-2006, 02:44 PM
definately scrap the idea of the 6x9's. Looking at it, at first I though the prots were 6x9 and I thought that was weird. Box w/ subs only.