PDA

View Full Version : SPKRMAN is a SCAMMER!

mikeyboc
06-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Recently there have been other members labeled as a scammer for similar behavior in regards to forum transactions, so this thread is completely justified IMO. I ordered a box from TCAB/Spkrman/Mark Potts back in April, some of you may have seen my posts in other threads regarding this. Here is basically the timeline of events (all quotes are taken from PM's and emails):

4/07 Ė Mark/TCAB: with the current workload, the box should be shipped within 2- 4 weeks of payment

4/26 Ė payment sent and acknowledged it was received.

5/12 Ė Mark/TCAB: It was scheduled for next week. On a side note, there is a good chance I will be moving to birch plywood instead of particleboard. Pboard has served me well, but he birch is better in every aspect. This will of course raise the cost of the box a
few bux... the birch is literally 3x as much... but for the boxes on
order now I will throw it in for free :)

5/18 Ė mikeyboc: I see a work log of a box for 2 12Ē sxís and ask if that is my box.
Mark/TCAB: Nah itís not, although yours wonít be too far off

5/18 Ė Mark/TCAB: Youíll get a big box at your door in the next week or 2

5/31 Ė Mark/TCAB: Iíll get it finished and shipped ASAP

6/07 Ė mikeyboc: Man, I would like to know where everything on my box stands, Every week you tell me it will be done and on itís way within a couple of days. If the box isnít shipped within the next 2 days, I need my cash back. I think I have been more than patient, as of now I am out the money with nothing in return.
Mark/TCAB: point taken. Iíll keep ya updated.

6/14 Ė mikeyboc: Mark, I have been waiting for a while and decided that I would just like a refund for the box. My paypal is mlutanno@yahoo.com, and the total sent was $265. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.
Mark/TCAB: One sec my man! The box would have went out today, but the majority of the day was spent cleaning out the garage, to help speed thing sup for future boxes. Could only do one thing at a time the way it was setup before Ė paint, cut, assembleÖwasted tremendous amounts of time. If you want I can grab ya a pic after I do some rearranging out there tonight. Donít back out now Ė itís ready to go.

6/15 Ė mikeyboc: No thanks man, I was scanning through PMís and this is about the third time youíve said something to this effect. I think I would still like the refund and we can go our separate ways.
Mark/TCAB: Although I have deleted the PMísÖI donít think I said it was done before? To the point of ready to ship, thatís where itís at now. I think you'll be extremely happy with the box, its pretty awesome! I saw 265 for the refund and cringed... the box ordered today would be $335. Ship tomorrow, it'll be there Monday or Tuesday. sorry if this is a double PM - I thought I sent it earlier? Just got back in (garbage day, had to grab garbage bags/take out remainder of garbage)

6/15 Ė mikeyboc: I'll tell you what, if you can have shipping info to me by the end of today, I will take it. And can you send me a pic of the box to mlutanno@sbcglobal.net?
Mark/TCAB: Checking up on a customer who kept blowing woofers turned into an all day thing (had 2 of 4 hooked up, lol... 2 was already loud enough) - didnt ship because I didnít get online until right now, I'll have your pic in a few and tracking tomorrow

6/18 Ė mikeyboc: Still don't have anything from you? Need to know what is going on man. It seems like every time you say you are going to do something, it results in an excuse why it didn't get done. Just something to keep in mind.

Still have no response from him. 2 days later, and he has been on this site each day.

I saved this quote from him as well, but to be fair, I canít remember what context it was in. When it was said it isnít quite as important as what was said, and it gives a good idea of what I have been dealing with.

Mark/TCAB: If you want the truth, I just put what extra $ I had into
PVC/carpet/testing glue etc.. And I flat out can't afford to send your
$ back right now.

GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF! SEND ME MY $$$!

iceteebone
06-21-2006, 12:45 PM
**waits for chicago native to chime in**

perhaps he's busy?

tRiGgEr
06-21-2006, 12:46 PM
I don't see it as scamming. He does need to refund your money.

On a side note. Great idea purchasing a TCAB huh :laugh:

wanginloud1
06-21-2006, 12:47 PM
this guy isnt a scammer haha he is probly busy he is only one man he will get to you i know they guy pretty good he might be a lil slow but what you need will get done

mikeyboc
06-21-2006, 12:52 PM
I don't see it as scamming. He does need to refund your money.

On a side note. Great idea purchasing a TCAB huh :laugh:

Yea, TCAB was a great idea. That's what I get for being lazy. Ended up having to build a box anyway. I disagree with the scamming part, there have been other transactions in which the seller/trader says the item has been sent, or will be sent in a timely fashion, and is labeled a scammer when it is shipped weeks, if not months later. I guess I am missing what makes this different.

Ctminime
if it makes any difference i never really liked the guy and im not sure that i would trust him with that kind of money of mine. just the way he talks to people on the forum and what not makes me not wanna trust him.. because i was thinking about getting a tcab back in the day...

mikeyboc
I just want the $$$ back. That will end it.

NhustlaR
06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
this guy isnt a scammer haha he is probly busy he is only one man he will get to you i know they guy pretty good he might be a lil slow but what you need will get done

its business, you dont say **** like that when you wont have the box done. He should get his priorities straight, or start telling the truth.

nVRuckus
06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Seems like a scammer to me because I guarantee you will never see a refund. He never gives a refund to anyone regardless of howe long he fucks them over for.

Ricky616
06-21-2006, 12:55 PM
he probably is busy he is a great guy tho he deliverd my boxes this saturday and im happy with results :D

CHIT0WNZHUSTLA
06-21-2006, 12:55 PM
hes not a scammer but you are *** hole, how about you come to the maxxsonics show so we can throw you around like our little ***** for using our kicker pricing when you werent suppose to...

nVRuckus
06-21-2006, 12:56 PM
yeah yeah reading off the IL manual to defending Mark ;) We hear it from you Phag Hurtz guys every time he pulls this ****.

JoshHd6
06-21-2006, 12:56 PM
yeah..i understand why ur mad...u should get ur money back..

CHIT0WNZHUSTLA
06-21-2006, 12:57 PM
yeah yeah reading off the IL manual to defending Mark ;) We hear it from you Phag Hurtz guys every time he pulls this ****.
he has nothing to do with us he can go **** himself either that or we will have ryan **** him for us :naughty: should change the name of the thread to zondy1 is a scammer seeing he is posting again after avoiding us for however long it has been....

mikeyboc
06-21-2006, 01:00 PM
The fact is that if anyone else on this forum did the same thing, everyone would be up there *** to get it resolved. I don't think wanting my $$$ back is unreasonable.

gl0ck
06-21-2006, 01:01 PM
2 months for a box is b.s. :ban:

Blunt
06-21-2006, 01:03 PM
I went through the same bs. made an agreement ot have the box made by a specific date so i could have it for a show. paid the money waited a LONG time after several it will be shipped otmorrow messages i finally caught him on aim and I did recieve a full refund.

Chevillac
06-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Bad business like this is almost as bad as scamming. And in my opinion (seeing as this isnt the first time this has happened with him) I call it scamming. He should not be allowed to do business on this forum and should be banned for all this. How many transactions will it take before youll see that this is bad business? How many transactions will it take before people wake the **** up and realize they shouldnt do business with him. If he was banned we wouldnt have to ask these questions
/rant

Ban Spkrman.

PhatTonyDeMarco
06-21-2006, 01:19 PM
AGAIN?!

These threads are getting quite common for Mark these days....

The excuse seems to always be that he is busy, and he is 'only one man'. Well, that is his fault. He agress to take on the work load that he does, so if he as 'one man' is not capable of completing the task(s) at hand then he should not accept payment.

Prowler573
06-21-2006, 01:24 PM
You need to put the crackpipe down and get off of Mark's dik, idiot.

How about this for a newsflash???

What the buyer needed was for his enclosure not to take two months. What the buyer needed was for Mark to have told him the truth about when it would ship out. What the buyer needed was to be treated with honesty and respect. NONE of the thngs in the preceding list happened so where does that leave you? When you're ready to climb out of the WRONG bin let us know.

As mentioned by Tony the excuse of "he is only one man" is a recurring theme with this guy. But in that other thread, Mark biggest cheerleader Tommy clearly stated that Mark had all the help he needed!! Then why in the heck is this happening over and over and over and over and over and over (begin to get the point?!?)

mikeyboc
06-21-2006, 01:26 PM
You need to put the crackpipe down and get off of Mark's dik, idiot.

How about this for a newsflash???

What the buyer needed was for his enclosure not to take two months. What the buyer needed was for Mark to have told him the truth about when it would ship out. What the buyer needed was to be treated with honesty and respect. NONE of the thngs in the preceding list happened so where does that leave you? When you're ready to climb out of the WRONG bin let us know.

Thank you. I have been more than patient with the constant excuses and delays in shipping.

nVRuckus
06-21-2006, 02:51 PM
The fact is that if anyone else on this forum did the same thing, everyone would be up there *** to get it resolved. I don't think wanting my $$$ back is unreasonable.
I totally agree with you and have been saying for months that he should not be allowed to do business on this forum

ngsm13
06-21-2006, 03:01 PM
I don't get why people still give him money, this is QUITE the repetitive theme...

nG

nVRuckus
06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
because his minions go around every time they see someone with a i need a box thread and PM them with i know a great box builder......

Chevillac
06-21-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't get why people still give him money, this is QUITE the repetitive theme...

nG
exactly. because people....................:crap:

mikeyboc
06-21-2006, 03:05 PM

nG

Believe me, I would definately do thing different if I could. At the time, I did not have the time, nor the tools to construct my own box. Those that have received boxes from him seemed happy with the outcome, so it seemed to solve my problem. I should have thought it through more, but that is still no reason for me to get screwed.

Randy Savage
06-21-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm beginning to think we don't need his business on this forum...

Prowler573
06-21-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm beginning to think we don't need his business on this forum... :handclap:
Best news of the day :D

Not that it helps mikeyboc get his enclosure or his refund, sadly...

Randy Savage
06-21-2006, 03:18 PM
I have a feeling that the box will get shipped, and he won't see a refund...which will ****.

He's already built a box, and he'll probably end up with another one instead of his money back.

Anyone notice any disctinct similarities between an eDuh preorder and a TCAB order?

1loudsuv
06-21-2006, 03:27 PM
i know when companys bs me around i get pissed so i can fully understand hte poster tcab should not send him the box but his money no if's or and's about it. his been giving plenty of time and his known that the guy wanted his money back for a while and obviously didnt built it like how he said cause taking a picture doesnt take long. espeacially on a camera phone push a buttong 3-5 times and email to them.

mikeyboc
06-21-2006, 03:54 PM
i know when companys bs me around i get pissed so i can fully understand hte poster tcab should not send him the box but his money no if's or and's about it. his been giving plenty of time and his known that the guy wanted his money back for a while and obviously didnt built it like how he said cause taking a picture doesnt take long. espeacially on a camera phone push a buttong 3-5 times and email to them.

The pic would have made its way to me if there was one.

tRiGgEr
06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
If he does not refund you, he can be labeled a scammer. Untill then, just a horrible buisness man.

Please spread the word if he refuses to refund your money. I hate scammers.

bamaboy
06-21-2006, 04:05 PM
why do people keep buying stuff from him? or scammers

it isnt hard to see this stuff happening, yet people still pay him

iceteebone
06-21-2006, 06:14 PM
i thought dealers weren't allowed un this site? just get rid of tcunt all together and ban everybody from illinois.

lilmaniac2
06-21-2006, 06:23 PM
(awaits more Flat Hertz / mark pottz friends to chime in)

thats a long time for a box..... i felt bad making someone wait a week for a box...

MrSector9
06-21-2006, 06:24 PM
he is waiting for the birch trees to grow.

mike75356
06-21-2006, 06:24 PM
:hilariou:

But on a side not, i still dont have my box either and no word on it. And usually i can get ahold of him and he will pm me back or email. But I pmed tommy also and he has not got back to me so i hope this is a sign of them really working there ***'s off and getting my box done. It was supposed to be shipped like a week ago.

lilmaniac2
06-21-2006, 06:25 PM
no i know for a fact hes been working on his car b/c of the maxxsonics showthis weekend....

business first personal car second.... at least thats my view

Blunt
06-21-2006, 06:27 PM
i seen a guy on the realm of excursion forum whos been waiting over 4 months for his box.

mike75356
06-21-2006, 06:29 PM
INBOX: Email 1 of 12 Move to Folder ---------------- INBOX Draft Screened Mail SentMail Trash Next Ľ

[Add to Address Book]
To: stainless40cal@comcast.net
Subject: Re: QUOTE REQUEST TCAB
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:33:05 PM [View Source]

Sweet! Thanks man, I'll make sure its one hell of a box =)

I have to ship to whatever addy/name is on paypal either way it goes -
eliminates some issues.

I'll get on it ASAP!!!

-Mark

:rolleyes:

nVRuckus
06-21-2006, 06:30 PM
If he does not refund you, he can be labeled a scammer. Untill then, just a horrible buisness man.

Please spread the word if he refuses to refund your money. I hate scammers.
remember the canadian he sent the wrong sub to and made him pay duties to get the right sub saying well I am giving you 2 subs ;) The guy was like well pay to have your other sub shipped back and he was like its not worth it but im still not paying the duties for the mess up. sounds like a scammer to me.

iceteebone
06-21-2006, 06:32 PM
lmao :laugh:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/member.php?u=8095

nVRuckus
06-21-2006, 06:35 PM
is that real or like the other guy who just changed his title to banned but still logs on?

ngsm13
06-21-2006, 06:36 PM
lmao :laugh:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/member.php?u=8095

Yup, if he wants to lead people on and cause bullshit... and be on the verge of a complete scammer... he can do it on his own forums... not ours.

Done.

nG

squeak9798
06-21-2006, 06:42 PM
If you should happen to have a package delivered, don't accept it. Return it and make him refund your money.