PDA

View Full Version : Meziere Electric Water Pump

Alpine CDA-9815
06-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Has anyone ever had one of these in a V8? I just ordered mine, should have it installed Tues. Everyone I have talked to that has owned one (here in Az or asking on forums) they have all loved it. They say it does actually make the car run 10-20 degrees cooler. It's not really a cheap part ($570+ gaskets) so I hope I made the right choice. With it pumping 55 GPM and taking some stress off the motor I expect it will help with the heat soak issue some that the LSX motors have and should free up around 7-10RWHP and 10RWTQ. I'll also finally be getting a retune after it's on, no more check engin light for me :)

Prowler573
06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Never heard of that product, myself. For 6 bills I hope it gives you some kind of appreciable benefit...

How ya liking that Aussie-built "Pontiac" ?

Ignatowski
06-20-2006, 09:26 PM
one of the best water pumps you can buy for a v8 domestic hot rod.drag race car
I run a similar model

Alpine CDA-9815
06-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Never heard of that product, myself. For 6 bills I hope it gives you some kind of appreciable benefit...

How ya liking that Aussie-built "Pontiac" ?
Well if the car was built by Pontiac I would have never bought it. It would have been a rattling, squeeking, breaking POS IMO.

I actually really like it. The interior is awesome, it's actually what sold me on the car. The seats are very comfortable, it's actually has a lot of room in it and even fits four with no problems/comfort issues. It's not styled agressive like most people would want. I like that sleeper look and love the looks it gets when I start it up or give it some gas :)

The only things I don't like is almost no turnk due to all the interior room and the weight of the car (about 3800lbs).

All in all it's a great car. Built quality and fit in finish are top notch. The IRS gives the car a very smooth ride and very good handling. On top of that they are pretty fast off the show room floor :)

one of the best water pumps you can buy for a v8 domestic hot rod.drag race car
I run a similar model
I wouldn't have bought any other brand. I figure since I'm not doing any other major power mods till I get a good built tranny I'll finish off the lil' things. Even though I got a hell of a deal for a twin turbo kit offered to me I'll have to pass that up till I get the drivetrain built for it.

Alpine CDA-9815
06-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Well it's in, now it's sitting wait on getting a tune which it has needed badly for months. Who knows how long that will be though... hopefully it will be done today. Ah to think, it should come back to me idling at 800-900 RPM's (instead of 1100) and the SES light should be off. :)

Prowler573
06-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Well if the car was built by Pontiac I would have never bought it. It would have been a rattling, squeeking, breaking POS IMO.

I actually really like it. The interior is awesome, it's actually what sold me on the car. The seats are very comfortable, it's actually has a lot of room in it and even fits four with no problems/comfort issues. It's not styled agressive like most people would want. I like that sleeper look and love the looks it gets when I start it up or give it some gas :)

The only things I don't like is almost no turnk due to all the interior room and the weight of the car (about 3800lbs).

All in all it's a great car. Built quality and fit in finish are top notch. The IRS gives the car a very smooth ride and very good handling. On top of that they are pretty fast off the show room floor :)
I actually know quite a bit about your car (well, the reincarnation of the GTO not yours specifically) I've toured the plant in Elizabeth, South Australia where they are assembled. Cleanest GM facility I have ever been inside of in my life. :fyi: The only problem I see with it is the fact that there are options available in Australia where the car is sold as a Holden that aren't offered as factory options stateside on the Pontiac iteration of the car (such as a supercharged version for example)

Alpine CDA-9815
06-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I actually know quite a bit about your car (well, the reincarnation of the GTO not yours specifically) I've toured the plant in Elizabeth, South australia where they are assembled. Cleanest GM facility I have ever been inside of in my life. :fyi: The only problem I see with it is the fact that there are options available in Australia where the car is sold as a Holden that aren't offered as factory options stateside on the Pontiac iteration of the car (such as a supercharged version for example)
Yes the Aussies get all the good stuff... dual climate control, nav units, etc. GM pretty much stiripped the car down with the basics needed and shipped them over here to keep the costs down. Either way I'm still very pleased with the car none the less.

Storm90
06-28-2006, 11:22 PM
tell me how good it works b/c i'm plan on getting one for my grand prix. Only difference is mine costs 279.

Alpine CDA-9815
06-30-2006, 07:33 PM
So far so good. No overheating, seems to haver a bit more bite in the 3k+ RPM's... I'll have to drive it more to be able to tell more about it. New finished up/clean pics.

http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/162110637.jpg
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/162110634.jpg
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/162110633.jpg
http://pic12.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/162110630.jpg

IrTehL33T@DBeez
07-01-2006, 08:24 PM
lookin good... i put one of those on a buddy's lt1 camaro, maybe because of the well known leaky factory water pump and associated fried opti :rolleyes:

Alpine CDA-9815
07-02-2006, 01:33 AM
I for one don't miss my LT1 car at all... who ever invented the opti needs to be put in jail IMO :)