PDA

View Full Version : OZ Comps

addisdar
06-19-2006, 11:05 AM
My wife is wanting me to build her system now. She wants the same brands that I have but I am not willing to shell out the money for the ME Comps for her car. I have never used the Vector series, has anyone else here? Are they decent comps? These are going to be used in my wife's car which is the family car.

Also, if they are decent, where is a good place to get them?

dont_smokerocks
06-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Tplaya07 is a dealer for oz here. I have a set coming to me as we speak. He can cut you a nice deal. PM him for details.

addisdar
06-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Does anyone know anything about the Vector series?

addisdar
06-20-2006, 09:30 AM
I take it no one has used the Vectors before.

Trey803
06-20-2006, 04:02 PM
How do the Oz components compare to rainbows. To be more specific I'm talking about the SLC's. Does Oz make any comparable to these or better for the price?

brocken
06-20-2006, 08:01 PM
I just installed a set of OZ vectors in my wife's car and they rock! I got them for $300 from onlinecarstereo.com.
Just make sure you have plenting of mounting depth. They're about 3" deep. I couldn't fit them in my WRX so I ended up going the Seas route. I was excited that the doors in my wife's car are so large.
I would say the OZ comps are on par w/ the Seas Performance set that I have. I think the Seas offer a little more detail and slightly harder kicking mids but the OZ definitely beat out any other component set I've listened to. very smooth tweets as well, not harsh at all and I'm picky about that.
I would say they're a great buy, especially for the price.
Oh, I'm running them on a Kicker zx450.2 which seems to be plenty powerfull.

addisdar
06-21-2006, 12:55 AM
I just installed a set of OZ vectors in my wife's car and they rock! I got them for $300 from onlinecarstereo.com.
Just make sure you have plenting of mounting depth. They're about 3" deep. I couldn't fit them in my WRX so I ended up going the Seas route. I was excited that the doors in my wife's car are so large.
I would say the OZ comps are on par w/ the Seas Performance set that I have. I think the Seas offer a little more detail and slightly harder kicking mids but the OZ definitely beat out any other component set I've listened to. very smooth tweets as well, not harsh at all and I'm picky about that.
I would say they're a great buy, especially for the price.
Oh, I'm running them on a Kicker zx450.2 which seems to be plenty powerfull.

For that price you could have gotten the Matrix Elites. Or is that for front and rear combined? That would sound right for that, but not for one pair of vectors.

brocken
06-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Oh, they're the Matrix. I thought they were the same thing until I realized the Vector is the lower line.

bonesninja
06-21-2006, 08:51 PM
the vectors are awesome .... i used them for about 4 years

addisdar
06-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Oh, they're the Matrix. I thought they were the same thing until I realized the Vector is the lower line.

Yeah and they have a new Matrix line comming out in Feb. I guess I will be buying new MEs for my car then. But until then, I am getting the vectors for my wife. I will probably throw my MEs in her car when I get their new line up.

brocken
06-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Did they improve the Matrix? I had heard that the newer ones weren't as great as the older version. Not that rumors mean anything.

addisdar
06-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Supposedly. I am waiting to see. The new Matrix line will include a 2 way component set like now, and then an addition of a 3 way set.