PDA

View Full Version : AA Arsenal 10's and sealed box

Phreaker
06-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Well My girlfriend ordered two 10" Ascendant Audio Arsenals and I am going to build her a sealed box for her Kia Sportage so she has a little room in the back for when she goes shopping or we go camping.

Hopefully the subs will be here by Friday,but I wouldl like to get the box built and out of the way.

First and foremost does anyone know the Front Mount Displacement of a Ascendant Arsenal 10 is in ft^3 or a math formula to find the front mount displacement in ft^3?

Second,what size sealed box do the Arsenal 10's really like?Ascendant Audio recommends 0.7ft^3 per Arsenal 10 but is that before or after the subwoofers mounting displacement?

She will be using my old POS Profile CA600M wired for a 2 ohm load to produce 420w RMS if any of that helps.

One last thing,I will be bilding one box to house the subwoofers in,should I give each sub it's own chamber or will the y be ok in a single chambered enclosure?

SQBubble
06-19-2006, 02:38 AM
Well My girlfriend ordered two 10" Ascendant Audio Arsenals and I am going to build her a sealed box for her Kia Sportage so she has a little room in the back for when she goes shopping or we go camping.

Hopefully the subs will be here by Friday,but I wouldl like to get the box built and out of the way.

First and foremost does anyone know the Front Mount Displacement of a Ascendant Arsenal 10 is in ft^3 or a math formula to find the front mount displacement in ft^3?

Second,what size sealed box do the Arsenal 10's really like?Ascendant Audio recommends 0.7ft^3 per Arsenal 10 but is that before or after the subwoofers mounting displacement?

She will be using my old POS Profile CA600M wired for a 2 ohm load to produce 420w RMS if any of that helps.

One last thing,I will be bilding one box to house the subwoofers in,should I give each sub it's own chamber or will the y be ok in a single chambered enclosure?

first! u mean the woofer displacement? (motor and basket) its about 0.15cu.ft

second, id say go with recommended for sealed... 0.7cu.ft after woofer's displacement. just make it about ~1cu.ft the whole INTERNAL volume(dont calculate w/MDF thickness) and u should be good

power should be ok, but i think itll be starving for more since its in a sealed box, but should be good enough for a girl! loll...

each sub its own chamber, its better, but make sure its exact same size the 2chambers

good luck man

SQBubble
06-19-2006, 02:44 AM
make it 12"x12"x12"

thats exactly 1cu.ft

so u have to get ...

2x 13.5"x13.5"------------bottom&top
2x 13.5"x12"---------sides
2x 12"x12"-------front&back

of 3/4" MDF sheets