PDA

View Full Version : BOSE speakers

probmxstyle
06-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Befor I get flammed, I know BOSE is way over priced stuff. Anyway, the question is I work at Circuit City and I founf a brand new bose AM15II speaker system in out warehouse. They retailed for 1500 2 years ago I believe. They are the dual cube models. I looked up the price today and there 199.96 from just sitting there so long. Right now I am running a Onkyo system with Onkyo speakers. You guys think its a good deal and that I should go for it?

negativezeroz
06-18-2006, 07:28 PM
The entire system including the reciever or just the speakers? Well, if it's just the speakers, can you hook them up and see if you like how they sound? I don't trust that bass module thing they have even though my dad's old Audi's (2) 5 1/4" Bose subs were very clean, they just didn't get loud enough. But the front stage was good.

Dj-torn
06-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I have owned and worked with a number of different BOSE products. And Yes people say they are over prices, but so are kenetic battries and still people on this forum buy them.

Try them out, see if you like the sound quality, if you do.. then its worth the money if not... then they were not.

Personaly I love the BOSE sound.

probmxstyle
06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
The entire system including the reciever or just the speakers? Well, if it's just the speakers, can you hook them up and see if you like how they sound? I don't trust that bass module thing they have even though my dad's old Audi's (2) 5 1/4" Bose subs were very clean, they just didn't get loud enough. But the front stage was good.

Its just a speaker system not a lifestyle system that comes with a reciever. But the speakers are like the ones that come with lifestyle 38 system

bri487
06-18-2006, 08:46 PM
i am not a big fan of bose, but if you like how they sound, go for it.

goodrich
06-18-2006, 08:57 PM
no high's no low's....it must be BOSE!!!

Ruthless Pastor
06-18-2006, 09:08 PM
For less than $200, I'd buy them, resell them on e-bay and purchase yourself a quality set of speakers. The reason Bose gets flamed is because they use paper cones and plastics. Their speakers are specifically made to sound good in the environments that Bose themselves create. They will not sound as good in your home. There is much research on this but I don't know the link. I used to work at a home audio shop and I could never figure out why the demo model of the 701s sounded so terrible; come to find out it really was just Bose speakers in general. It's an objective point of view; I'm not a Bose hater, just a quality lover.

ndnbolla
06-18-2006, 09:14 PM
I give props to Bose in that they have an excellent marketing team over their. My parents almost decided to go with Bose unitl I came in. :)

Anyways, I would go with RuthlessPastor on this one. This is where Bose marketability helps you. Even if you don't like them, you can always sell them on Ebay.

Worlddre
06-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Human hearing is most sensitive between 200Hz to 10kHz and BOSE AM-15 (tested MRSP back then was $1,399) was benchmarked by Tom Nousaine in Sound & Vision Magazine ...

BOSE AM-15 System MSRP $1,399
SATELLITES
Frequency Response:..... 280 Hz to 13.3 kHz 10.5 dB
BASS MODULE
Frequency Response:.... 46 Hz to 202 Hz 2.3 dB

So, it covers the most sensitive hearing area but not very smoothly based on the 10.5 dB tolerance.

Note also that the Bose Bass Module highest frequency does not meet the Satellites lowest usable frequency, ... leaving a musical frequency (Black) HOLE!!!

Ruthless Pastor
06-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Nice job Dre! So if you they don't reproduce sound from 203-279 Hz is that an issue?:ohsnap:

Uh, don't answer that.

joetama
06-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Bose (blows) is not good by any standard, and if you like the 'sound' of blows then you are in the wrong hobby. I would agree with the buying it and then selling it on eBay opinion. You might make some money.

Decipha
06-19-2006, 10:29 AM
i have yet to be satisfied with bose FTL

Scoobydoo
06-19-2006, 06:18 PM
ya, price them on ebay and if you can make money off buying and selling them do it, if not dont buy them