PDA

View Full Version : lastcall - scammer?

BigWill
06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Ok, so it went like this... I bought a DEI 1500d from lastcall. On the thread he said that there is only one 1inch scratch on it and that it was the only flaw. The amp is missing 2 screws on the gain settting screen thing and 1 output terminal screw. So I install the amp. Guess what? It turns on but it doesn't produce any output. I thought something was wrong with the install but I triple checked everything and still no output. Then I was messing with the frequency knob and it seems that if I pull on the knob then it works. Im guessing something is loose inside that makes the amp do this. We'll the amp is working now but i had to pull the knob with a wrench to make it work. I cannot prove that he sent me a broken amp. It might have got messed up through shipping but I PM'd him regarding this and I got no response. That makes me wonder if he is a honorable seller. I am disappointed that I didn't recieve what I paid for. :furious:

Towncar
06-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Give him a chance to respond. Something may have happend with him. I sold him an l7 ealier this year, and it went smoothly. Good luck

danteBirosel
06-18-2006, 08:26 PM
interesting...

i was the one that sold this amp to lastcall, and i know that the amp was working fine before i sent it.

Worlddre
06-18-2006, 09:53 PM
how long ago did you pm him?

BigWill
06-18-2006, 11:53 PM
interesting...

i was the one that sold this amp to lastcall, and i know that the amp was working fine before i sent it.

yea... you seem like a good guy with a lot of references and I thought since he got it from you that the amp would be in good working condition.

BigWill
06-18-2006, 11:55 PM
I Pm'd him yesterday evening and he logged on couple times today but I did not get a reply.

BigWill
06-21-2006, 01:33 PM
3days... still no reply from him watsoever.. and the amp keeps shutting off on me.

Ali1
06-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Ahhh, Wtf! Another Scammer?

mtdewelf
06-21-2006, 04:46 PM
3days... still no reply from him watsoever.. and the amp keeps shutting off on me.
jeez sorry to hear this bigwill, great buyer here. too bad it's the good ones that get scammed. don't ever see nood or the people who appear in these threads getting the shaft, guess it takes one to know one.

lastcall
06-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Private Message: hey
Today, 05:15 PM
lastcall
lastcall

hey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey man sorry about the wait.. been pretty busy. anyways about the amp. did i scam you? no. the amp was in perfect working order when i had it uninstalled. got a local dealer to do it for me since i was getting some other speakers installed in my doors. the only reason i sold it was bc my electrical system was messing up and i figured that was the problem but didnt have the time or the money to get it all checked out so i had to amp uninstalled and i needed money at the time so i sold it. I had originally bought the amp from livnlife and the condition in which you recieved was the same as when i did. The terminal screws were missing and the scracth i told you about. I feel bad that it doesnt work now, or if it does i apologize for any trouble it may have caused you. i can check with the guy who uninstalled it for me and see if he noticed anything unusual about the amp or something. honestly though i would never scam anyone. i have done a lot of trasnactions on here and ebay, and never once had any problems. let me know something. thanks
Kenwood KAC-Q74 5-band equalizer/4 chan. power amp
Alpine IVA-C801 screen
Kicker KS693 6x9's in the front
Kicker KS525 5.25's in the back
Custom enclosure under rear seat

BigWill
06-24-2006, 01:51 AM
Me and lastcall worked this whole thing out... He has been busy and that is the reason he did not respond to my PM's. I told him about the whole thing and he understands and he offered to pay for repairs for my amplifier. He has been very cooperative and understanding.

springy101
06-24-2006, 01:53 AM
glad to hear that, not enough of these stories end like this

lastcall
06-24-2006, 01:58 AM
yea glad be got it worked out. thanks again

BigWill
07-02-2006, 04:05 PM
lastcall's payment for the repairs has been sent and everything is settled. Good honest guy here!

killahbean
07-04-2006, 11:50 PM
good to see good traders here.....