PDA

View Full Version : tuning your box

U n r e a L
06-17-2006, 03:12 PM
imma a noob....i am going to build an enclosure for my 2 l7 12s....its going to b a ported box about 7cft ..... 3.5 cubes in each chamber...any suggestions on how i should build this...i have no idea how to tune it or what port size to make it...i want to tune it to 35hz

iamamp3pimp
06-17-2006, 09:55 PM
give dimensions, and use a single chamber. makes things a lot more simple.

HardHittaz00
06-18-2006, 06:12 PM
3.5 cubes is pretty big for one L7... I wouldn't recomend going that big...

thatkidbob
06-19-2006, 01:55 AM
imma a noob....i am going to build an enclosure for my 2 l7 12s....its going to b a ported box about 7cft ..... 3.5 cubes in each chamber...any suggestions on how i should build this...i have no idea how to tune it or what port size to make it...i want to tune it to 35hz2.5 per sub @ 35hz is good. use the availible space to make the port as big as possible... you want a HUGE port.

i'm told that putting the port against one of the walls is best for SPL, but i opted to port mine in the center.

if your port has corners, use PVC pipe cut into forths to round them off... you can also do this with all of the boxes corners.

use caulk to ensure the box is airtight.

if you don't slot port the box in the center, brace it somewhere in the midpoint between the port and the far wall.

flared ports are your friend... if you're got a router, round over the openings of your slot port.

and umm... thats about it.

U n r e a L
06-20-2006, 03:11 AM
how big should my port be.....if i do a 5cu box....2.5 each chamber...