PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever sealed a ported box?

MrSwiss
06-17-2006, 10:54 AM
ok i bought this "pre-fab" box last nite cuz i dont have time or the tools to build my own, even tho its super ez. the dude that sells them calls himself "bass" but when i ask him what is the port tuned to, naturally he looks at me like im making up shyt. on top of that its about 1 cu ft too small each chamber. so i throw my rl-p's in it and wow it sounds like ***!

i have NO low end whatsoever and my single rl-p sealed sounded a whole lot better. anyways has anyone succesfully sealed a port? did it sound good?

bimma85
06-17-2006, 10:58 AM
ok i bought this "pre-fab" box last nite cuz i dont have time or the tools to build my own, even tho its super ez. the dude that sells them calls himself "bass" but when i ask him what is the port tuned to, naturally he looks at me like im making up shyt. on top of that its about 1 cu ft too small each chamber. so i throw my rl-p's in it and wow it sounds like ***!

i have NO low end whatsoever and my single rl-p sealed sounded a whole lot better. anyways has anyone succesfully sealed a port? did it sound good?
small *** box tuned to prolly 40...wonder why ya dont like it :D. Just make sure you seal off the port completely and you should be fine, assuming its even big enough for a proper sealed box lol.

MrSwiss
06-17-2006, 11:32 AM
i assume it may be as low as 36 but thats just giving it more credit than it deserves. im thinking i will throw some particle board or plywood in the port, staple it or glue it, then bondo over the whole thing, should be nice and strong.

2 bad i have none of those things i just talked about using =/

PV Audio
06-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Just build a piece that fits over the end of the port on the inside, glue it strong with WOODGLUE, and then seal it with silicone.