PDA

View Full Version : upgrading speakers need advice

atwistd1
06-17-2006, 09:16 AM
I am upgrading the last component of my car audio system. the factory speakers. I am running an Eclipse HU with flip out video screen, Hifonics amp to 2 10" audiobahn subs and an eclipse 50x 4 amp running the factory speakers. I would like suggestions on which speakers would work the best, I have looked at JL tr series for the doors 6.5" and any suggestions on the 4x6 dash speaker. A local shop suggested a component style speaker with the 6.5" driver in the door and the tweeter in the 4x6 spot on the dash. suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks

atwistd1
06-18-2006, 07:50 AM
I would like to thank all 22 people who have read this post for giving thier advice/opinion, after all isn't that what this forum is all about? Posting a question or need and getting a response from someone who has either had experience with the product or is knowledgable of the problem. Thanks again you are all so helpful and willing to help others.

alteraudiousa
06-18-2006, 09:12 AM
well what kind of car....probably an SUV of something and what is your budget. I would say the component idea is good but i wouldn't mount the tweet so far away from each other.

atwistd1
06-18-2006, 09:52 AM
well what kind of car....probably an SUV of something and what is your budget. I would say the component idea is good but i wouldn't mount the tweet so far away from each other.

Sorry its a 02 chevy blazer 4 dr LS, i really do not want to cut holes in the door for the tweets but was told i could get a plate fot the tweet to mount in the stock dash location. budget is about 400.00 for front and rear

justinschmiidt
06-18-2006, 10:01 AM
I am upgrading the last component of my car audio system. the factory speakers. I am running an Eclipse HU with flip out video screen, Hifonics amp to 2 10" audiobahn subs and an eclipse 50x 4 amp running the factory speakers. I would like suggestions on which speakers would work the best, I have looked at JL tr series for the doors 6.5" and any suggestions on the 4x6 dash speaker. A local shop suggested a component style speaker with the 6.5" driver in the door and the tweeter in the 4x6 spot on the dash. suggestions greatly appreciated.

thanks

if you have 400 get rid of the audiobahns and buy something worth time and money. like kicker or jl great subs in 10"

atwistd1
06-18-2006, 10:27 AM
if you have 400 get rid of the audiobahns and buy something worth time and money. like kicker or jl great subs in 10"
I am extremly happy with the audiobahns, if was looking for an opinion on which subs to use i would have asked in that forum, i am inquiring about speakers for the door and dash, please lets keep this thread to what it is specifically for. You are entitled to your opinion on the audiobahns but that is what i have and what i am happy with! lets stick to the topic. BTW the JL dealer that installed the system was extremly impressed with the audiobahns, i believe the quote was." Not expecting that much from them, i am very impressed especially that i install JL's all day long. I would compare or put these up against any product i sell and install including JL, Alpine or even Kicker" it is all a matter of personal choice. Again lets stick to the original post!

jluv
06-18-2006, 11:11 AM
JL TRs get loud, but do NOT have great sound quality. I would go with components and mount the tweet on axis with the mid. I don't want to recommend a brand to you that I haven't heard or owned, but I have Boston Pro60s now, and have owned several JLs, and I can say this: TRs < XRs < Boston Pros.

justinschmiidt
06-18-2006, 11:17 AM
since you install jl's all day then you know your audio i suppose why are you asking all of us. and if you really think audiobahns are the ****, ill put 1 of my 10" L7's up against that audiobahn, ill put whatever power you have to an audiobahn to my kicker and we can see if youd still put those up against any product. i **** audiobahns

atwistd1
06-18-2006, 11:35 AM
since you install jl's all day then you know your audio i suppose why are you asking all of us. and if you really think audiobahns are the ****, ill put 1 of my 10" L7's up against that audiobahn, ill put whatever power you have to an audiobahn to my kicker and we can see if youd still put those up against any product. i **** audiobahns

READ MY POST!!! I am not an installer, I clearly said tha "THE INSTALLER WHO IS A JL DEALER" I guess some people do not read before they write.

Justin, How old are you 16? 17? cause you seem to be here to pick a fight about the brand you believe in, I could care less if "you **** audiobahns" I buy what i like and that is the end of the story! i am not here to debate with a child about who's product is better and what you so mightly proclaim as the best! What is your vested interest in telling me that my system or subs ****? do you own stock in JL, Kicker or something or is it just that you are so immature and insecure with yourself that you find it a boost to your self esteem to cut down someone elses stuff when you were clearly not asked for an opinion on that particular subject. Please keep it to the original question. Thanks. If you have nothing knowlegable to nice to say, then shut the F**K up!!!!!!!!!

atwistd1
06-18-2006, 11:43 AM
Sorry to all the people who posted with legit info to help but some people on here seem to find it necessary to expand the topic into a debate or a forum to slam something that they personally do not like. I posted my topic for help, not to tell me what i have *****, i guess it is a maturity thing. Next guys will be telling me how to run my night clubs and that my 300,000 investment in sound systems for the clubs ***** also!

See poor Justin is a follower he has been brought up that the majprity likes one thing so that is the best and something a majority does not like is garbage, Have a mind of your own.

Sorry to rant but I did not want this to turn into what so many of the other post on here have turned into.. a forum to attack something unrelated to the topic that someone does not like!

Anyway thanks for the informative help on the topic.