PDA

View Full Version : need box plan!

SQBubble
06-16-2006, 02:06 PM
hey everyone

ive done a box plan for myself, but dunno if its right... if an expert could check my work if its good it would be great!

5.3cu.ft(w/ sub)
@
31.67hz

will it sound good?

neonrt
06-16-2006, 03:22 PM
it might sound good(sq is subjective). probally hit some nice lows. what sub is this for? if you have the port length right it should be fine. i dont think anyone can tell you if it'll sound good, but if its built right, it has the potencial to. dont know if that helps or not.

Fast1one
06-16-2006, 05:07 PM
This is for an Arsenal right? If so too big...

SQBubble
06-16-2006, 10:04 PM
This is for an Arsenal right? If so too big...

ya 15"arsenal

PV Audio
06-16-2006, 11:25 PM
it might sound good(sq is subjective). probally hit some nice lows. what sub is this for? if you have the port length right it should be fine. i dont think anyone can tell you if it'll sound good, but if its built right, it has the potencial to. dont know if that helps or not.
No, it most definitely is not. Let me edit:

it might sound good to YOU personally. probally hit some nice lows. what sub is this for? if you have the port length right it should be fine. i dont think anyone can tell you if it'll sound good, but if its built right, it has the potencial to. dont know if that helps or not.

That's better.

theothermike
06-17-2006, 09:57 PM
way to big imo, id loose at least 2 cu ft. 1 15 should be a 3 cu ft imo arsenal that is

Mike

jujumantb
06-17-2006, 10:02 PM
No, it most definitely is not. Let me edit:

:rolleyes: Lets not be a definition nazi... sound quality is most definitely subjective. Unless you are the .1% of people who compete in a "sound quality" competition... then the definition changes to SQ = playing totally flat with no distortion. Lets all go to a tube amp forum and tell them they all have bad sound quality! :crazy:

PV Audio
06-18-2006, 12:03 AM
:rolleyes: Lets not be a definition nazi... sound quality is most definitely subjective. Unless you are the .1% of people who compete in a "sound quality" competition... then the definition changes to SQ = playing totally flat with no distortion. Lets all go to a tube amp forum and tell them they all have bad sound quality! :crazy:
It isn't being picky, it's being true. SQ is how accurately the speaker can reproduce said signal. Thats much different than what you PERSONALLY want it to sound like. I like my sound warm and laid back, while others like it very crisp and up front. However, neither is technically more accurate.

Either way, don't pay me no mind. :cool:

SQBubble
06-18-2006, 02:23 AM
well they recom. 3.5cu.ft @28hz.... so i checked it out with winisd and it looks like it wont be too loud and deep COMPARED to tuned higher with bigger volume...and if i can fit bigger...........why not?

im hesitating tuning between 31 and 33hz
im hesitating between volume of 4 to 5cu.ft

....i think ill make a poll with various options!

thx in advance for advice and suggestion

SQBubble
06-18-2006, 02:25 AM
It isn't being picky, it's being true. SQ is how accurately the speaker can reproduce said signal. Thats much different than what you PERSONALLY want it to sound like. I like my sound warm and laid back, while others like it very crisp and up front. However, neither is technically more accurate.

Either way, don't pay me no mind. :cool:

i agree w/ u,

the response/quickness of the sub plays big role in SQ IMO