PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Comp Choices for under $150

VW Tunes
06-15-2006, 11:42 PM
Well, New car means new Comps.
Small Budget, so here's what I'm looking at.
Opinions (or other suggestions) Wanted!!

Orion P6.2
CDT CL-61
JBL Power 6.5's
MB Quart Reference

I want some good mid-bass. Will be deadning the doors, and sealing them as best
I can. Not afraid of a harsh tweet, as they will be mounted in the dash.
I've heard and like the Orion's and Quarts.

Thanks in advance!!!!

I forgot to mention, they will be pushed by a Directed 3002 ( 75x2 at 4 ohm)

zachzchw
06-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Youre one step ahead of most people looking for advice, since youve heard some of your possibilities.
Go with one of those, since you know you like them.

theothermike
06-15-2006, 11:57 PM
Nope your all wrong, best comp under 150$ areeeeeee

DRUM ROLE

YOU READY

CAN YOU FEEL IT

How ABOUT NOW

ALMOST THERE

FINGER GRIPS GRASP

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

IMO: i would have to go with the cadence cwm-6 for 79$ shipped holy hannah they babies rock ur sox with around 100-110 rms and are amazing quality but here is the problem, you have to wait 45 more days till they are restocked for clearence because since they dont make them ne more they are selling their clearance rack and the first batch off ones left was done in about idk 2 days gone. So the next stock for clearance is in 45 more days. go to the cadencestore.com then go to car audio, then click the clearance sale link or what ever and it shows whats for sale. periodically check back.

Other suggestions:
alpine type r's have decent mid bass but tweeters sound like it has a giant d*** in its mouth :-). Uhhhh, cdt cl-61 are pretty nice, mb quart reference 6.5 set pretty nice too with 130 rms

Mike

zachzchw
06-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Nope your all wrong, best comp under 150$ areeeeeee

DRUM ROLE

YOU READY

CAN YOU FEEL IT

How ABOUT NOW

ALMOST THERE

FINGER GRIPS GRASP

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

IMO: i would have to go with the cadence cwm-6 for 79$ shipped holy hannah they babies rock ur sox with around 100-110 rms and are amazing quality but here is the problem, you have to wait 45 more days till they are restocked for clearence because since they dont make them ne more they are selling their clearance rack and the first batch off ones left was done in about idk 2 days gone. So the next stock for clearance is in 45 more days. go to the cadencestore.com then go to car audio, then click the clearance sale link or what ever and it shows whats for sale. periodically check back.

Other suggestions:
alpine type r's have decent mid bass but tweeters sound like it has a giant d*** in its mouth :-). Uhhhh, cdt cl-61 are pretty nice, mb quart reference 6.5 set pretty nice too with 130 rms

Mike

You wanna listen to someone like this, or you wanna go with what you like?
Wow, tough call. :crap:

6spdcoupe
06-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Id go with what you heard and like. Noone can tell you what Your ears are going to enjoy. Although good advice can point you in the right direction.

Gary S
06-16-2006, 04:44 PM
The Orions are the best set in thier price range I have ever heard... comparable to speakers costing twice as much.

JohnnyChuttz
06-16-2006, 05:04 PM
I have the Cadence set. They sound great, great midbass, the tweet sounds good too. But I blew one of the tweets on 100w and have smoked two differnt sets (Kicker and Clarion) tying to replace them. If I could do it all over again, I would get something with higher power handling.

VW Tunes
06-16-2006, 05:20 PM
well, I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Orion P6.2 or the Rainbow SLX 6.5's.

If I want to breach the $150 barrier, i may pony up for some Rainbow SLC's.

Amp will more than likely be a Directed 2400 (125x2)

theothermike
06-16-2006, 10:53 PM
good choices, havnt heard much on slx's but orions arnt bad i just think for 79$ u cant beat cadences, but out of those too ima say the orions just because i know a little about them un like the slx's even though all the rainbow stuff i have heard about is fantastic.

Either would probably be a good choice

Mike

Ignatowski
06-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Crystal Mobile SSCS6
http://ikesound.com/product-product_id/5438

maybe find a better seller though
You will not find a better sounding comp for the money
and they will handle 250+Watts

Pyro_By_Nature
06-17-2006, 07:29 AM
The CDT's flat out **** IMO.Sound like ****.But that's just my findings.I have yet to have any CDT speaker ever really impress me when it comes to sound quality.

JBL powers suond MUCH better than them IMHO.The MB quarts are good.Not really any experience with the orions, but I've heard they sound alright.

AnGeLiCbOrIs
06-17-2006, 03:00 PM
As soon as the Cadence set is available, they will be up on ebay. I'd recommend waiting for those. It's worth it.

theothermike
06-17-2006, 03:04 PM
yay someone agrees with me :-)

Mike