PDA

View Full Version : need more power

02GrandCherokee
06-15-2006, 07:33 PM
I just got done hooking up a new reciever at a friends house that is 6.1 but we are only using 5.1. He has a center channel, but the other four speakers are big towers. Each channel is getting 110 watts but he wants to put more power to his back speakers because they are far away and hard to hear. He has a old two channel amp is there anyway he could some how use this to power the back speakers. The old amp/reciever has outputs for four speakers and has rca inputs

revrider1
06-15-2006, 07:34 PM
Your reciever dosent have independant volume control per speaker?

02GrandCherokee
06-15-2006, 07:42 PM
it does but the the 110 watts just isn't enough power

joetama
06-18-2006, 04:05 AM
How far are these speakers away?

Normally the rear speaker don't need much wattage at all. For example on my setup my mains are getting a little over 200 but my rear L&R are only getting maybe 100 Max. Speakers are rated differently, but with 100 Max on the mains I just take away gain from the mains. Also, I never listen to it at FULL volume because it's too loud.

I think your best bet is to set it up balanced, and if that means the surrounds need to be louder then take signal away from the fronts.

I could be more helpful or understanding if you told us more too. Speaker brands, type, placement, distace, etc.

02GrandCherokee
06-19-2006, 01:49 PM
the speakers in the back are infinity, probably 15 years old, has a 15" 6.5" and a tweeter. They are about 15 foot away from the couch were the fronts are only about 8 foot from the couch.