PDA

View Full Version : anyone use the new seas lotus fabric tweet?

e36m3_98
06-15-2006, 02:45 AM
looking for a tweeter and pretty much want something from seas lotus line. still deciding whether I want an aluminum one or a fabric one. The new 06 fabric one is 35 bucks i think more per each than the alum one. I am going to have the tweet mounted onaxis on the dash or the pillars somewhere around there. Any input? is the new fabric worth the extra $$$ or should I just order the alums and not worry.

alphakenny1
06-15-2006, 05:23 AM
those new fabric tweets are supposed to have better off axis response and a bit more detail as many have complained the RT25F was a bit too laid back.

having said that the only online authorized dealer, mobilesq.com, doesn't even have them for sale yet. so not too many people can tell you about them. i had a brief listen of the prototype but back then i was a completely new to car audio scene. so i really can't tell you much.

but i can definately vouch for the lotus alum tweets. these tweeters are like silk domes on roids. these do not get harsh at all. they are very detailed yet smoothe. the top end isn't as good as my old lpg 25nfa but its top end is no slouch. i'd recommend them in a heart beat.

chadillac3
06-15-2006, 09:26 AM
alphakenny pretty much summed it up; new ones are supposed to have MUCH better off axis response, and even a bit smoother.

GSteg
06-16-2006, 01:10 PM
I've heard them many time. Monday was the last time I heard them.

Alum vs. new fabric? Go with the fabric. Top end extention is just as good as the aluminum. There's more detail and the thing that amazes me the most for the tweeter is the ability to cross low. Now i know the old tweeter can cross low to, but it has some consequences when not installed right. If you tried to cross your tweeters around 2khz or so, the voice will sound spitty and analytical. The new lotus tweeters plays it smoothly without that spitty sound to it. On the old tweeter, I would have to cross them at 4khz @ 12db just to not get that spitty sound, but then it sounded like there was a chunk missing in my music :(