PDA

View Full Version : In dash monitor/dvd wiring help

3Dflyer
06-14-2006, 01:48 AM
I just ordered a Jensen vm-9411 in dash dvd player/monitor and a rear seat drop down monitor for my van. My young children are too small to control the dvd functions on their own, so I need to be able to view the dvd on the 9411's screen so my wife or I can control the dvd's for them while driving. I need to know how to address the parking brake and gear wires.

Can someone please offer advise for the installation? My local shops won't do the "illegal" mod for me, but they did say it was a simple matter of grounding the proper wires and installing a toggle switch. They won't provide specific details.

Here is a link to the manual for this unit, just click on the "find manual link":

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=15214&langId=-1

Showrides
06-14-2006, 01:50 AM
Not sure if you need a pulsed signal on that one. Just ground the parking break wire and see if it works. It worked great with my old DVD player.

Rodeo91
06-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Just ground the parking break wire on this unit I believe.

Chevillac
06-14-2006, 01:56 AM
The toggle switch info I can get for you tomorrow. We just did that with an alpine when the parking brake ground didnt work. Ill let you know, I have no idea right now.

3Dflyer
06-14-2006, 04:34 PM
I appreciate your help.

From what I gather, I have to install a toggle switch on the parking brake wire and ground it. This will allow me to turn on and off the display with the switch.

Is it more complicated than that?

Tyler

dantheman8328
06-14-2006, 07:03 PM
thats basically it, sometimes like with the pioneer n1 you can just ground the wire though. try that and if it doesnt work install a switch