PDA

View Full Version : four p2 12's

LeofromtheH
06-13-2006, 03:25 AM
ok so i'm contemplating on doing a setup with 4 p2 12's, which will either go in an '03 tahoe or '98 silverado ext. cab(most likely). i've already got two p2 12's so i thought i'd just pick up another pair and call it a day.
i've also got a kac-8152d that does 550x1@2 ohms two power all four.

so since each 12 will be svc8 ohm, final ohm load will be 2ohms,
Q:will running four subs off of a mono amp be too much for the amp? even though it will be at a stable 2 ohms?

also, the subs specs reccomend 1.75each @ 37hz.
Q:does is matter if i were to put each sub in their own box? or can i say, put a pair in each chamber.
Q:if i were to put a pair in each chamber, would the tuning/port size of 37hz remain the same as putting a single sub in its own enclosure?

Decipha
06-13-2006, 03:41 AM
you can run as many subs as you want just as long as the final load is stable by the amp, in your case a final 2 ohm load... if your amp is stable at 2 then no prob

doesn't matter or make a difference if subs are in same box or different box, if you would like you can build 2 boxes, each box can house 2 subs

if you put more than 1 sub in a 'chamber' you must adjust the port for the displacement of both subs... ex:

if you have 1 sub in a box tuned at 37hz, and you want to add another sub, you have to make the port longer to make up for the displacement the second sub is going to use up, you can't just simple take a box designed for a single sub and cut another hole in it and add a second sub, you must make the port longer or design another box

personally i would build a box for all 4 12s with a slot port firing up toward the rear of the box-closest to the seat, i've had the best luck with these type of ports in SUV's

Decipha
06-13-2006, 03:43 AM
on a side note... IMO the p2's aren't worth the price, they sound good just don't get loud as i like

LeofromtheH
06-13-2006, 03:53 AM
you can run as many subs as you want just as long as the final load is stable by the amp, in your case a final 2 ohm load... if your amp is stable at 2 then no prob

doesn't matter or make a difference if subs are in same box or different box, if you would like you can build 2 boxes, each box can house 2 subs

if you put more than 1 sub in a 'chamber' you must adjust the port for the displacement of both subs... ex:

if you have 1 sub in a box tuned at 37hz, and you want to add another sub, you have to make the port longer to make up for the displacement the second sub is going to use up, you can't just simple take a box designed for a single sub and cut another hole in it and add a second sub, you must make the port longer or design another box

personally i would build a box for all 4 12s with a slot port firing up toward the rear of the box-closest to the seat, i've had the best luck with these type of ports in SUV's

well i didn't mean building two entierly seperate boxes, just two seperate chambers.

how would i go about the port if i were to have two subs in the same chamber? would i times port area by two?

and i know the p2's aren't the best drivers, but since i've got two 12's and an amp layin around already, why not just buy another pair and have four

and yes the amps stable at 2 ohms, so each sub will be getting 130ish, while their rms is 200; do u think thats enough for each sub to be geting?

LeofromtheH
06-13-2006, 11:32 AM
bump? anyone else?