PDA

View Full Version : Mount sub and terminal cup before or after carpet??

the dawg
06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Just built a sealed box. Wondering if I should mount the sub and terminal cup before or after I carpet it.?? Would it be an airtight seal if I carpet all the way to the edge of the cut out holes and then mount these over top of the carpet??

lrgnation
06-12-2006, 10:29 PM
cut the holes

put on the carpet

cut aroudn the edge of the holes

put in the sub and terminal.

azbass
06-12-2006, 10:30 PM
yeah you make the holes for teh sub/terminal, then carpet. then mount the woofer /terminal.

bjfish11
06-12-2006, 10:31 PM
exactly what they said, cut holes, carpet box, then install sub and terminal.

bimma85
06-12-2006, 10:32 PM
exactly what they saide cut the holes then carpet then mount...in case ya didnt get it the first time ;) :D

bjfish11
06-12-2006, 10:33 PM
exactly what they saide cut the holes then carpet then mount...in case ya didnt get it the first time ;) :D
or the fourth ;) . But a little reassurance never hurts.

azbass
06-12-2006, 10:35 PM
just to make shure you get it. again.

cut holes, carpet box, then install sub and terminal.

bimma85
06-12-2006, 10:36 PM
or the fourth ;) . But a little reassurance never hurts.
I know, he would have asked for another opinion anyways :D. Just fokin with ya :)

just to make shure you get it. again.

carpet box, then install sub and terminal, cut holes.
:eyebrow: :)

bjfish11
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
I know, he would have asked for another opinion anyways :D. Just fokin with ya :)
I know you were just messing around. I was saying that it is always good when a bunch of people tell you the same thing, then you KNOW you are getting the correct info. I was just playing around too, i knew what you were up to.....:naughty:

Rawb
06-12-2006, 10:38 PM
oh just to be diff.... skip the terminal and wire it up directly } : >

paulie
06-13-2006, 02:50 AM
i heard from someone that a good way to do it is not to cut the hole out, but rather cut slits in the circle like cutting a pie and then put the terminal in there, with the carpet slits still in there, and that is supposed to help seal it up better. that true??

LeofromtheH
06-13-2006, 04:14 AM
might as well just put some silicone on it...

Decipha
06-13-2006, 04:50 AM
i heard from someone that a good way to do it is not to cut the hole out, but rather cut slits in the circle like cutting a pie and then put the terminal in there, with the carpet slits still in there, and that is supposed to help seal it up better. that true??

no not true, if you cut your hole the exact diameter to begin with -you wouldn't be able to get the terminal cup to fit with the carpet on the inside... cut the carpet around the circumference of the hole

just to assure you some more... cut holes, carpet box, then install sub/terminal