PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer components?

Beerdrnkr
06-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I wanted to do a whole Pioneer set-up, but the speakers scare me. Does anyone have any reviews on the TS-C160R components? I was looking to spend around $150 on comps, can I get some suggestions on some better comps if any and also any suggestions on some matching coaxials for the back. By the way both sets will need to be 6.5's. Thanks

Ruffy
06-09-2006, 02:48 PM
The Pioneers are nice. Buddy of mine has them on his Grand Prix

The Revs are nice

Beerdrnkr
06-09-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm actually wondering now if I should upgrade to the new ones that came out TS-C720PRS. Has anyone heard anything from these yet?

adam71
06-09-2006, 04:23 PM
I haven't seen or touched these yet but I will tell you that they will be well above your $150 budget.

Beerdrnkr
06-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah, I found them for $250. I'm willing to raise my budget to get them or something else around that price that'll sound real nice.

squeak9798
06-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Any particular reason you are wanting to run all Pioneer? You'll almost always obtain better performance from your entire system for a given budget by using different brands, as no one brand has the "best" of every product at every price point.

That said; There are many other brands you should look into. Boston Acoustics, Memphis, OZ Audio, and Rainbow for example. All of them should have great choices in the ~$250 price range.

Beerdrnkr
06-09-2006, 06:18 PM
I just thought it would be cool to have everything from the same brand, but now I'm kinda like screw it. I just want a nice system that I'm not gonna want to upgrade 2 months down the road. I heard the rainbows are ****** but there's so many to choose from I have no idea what to even look for. Plus I don't know what prices they all are, is there any websites that sell them?

squeak9798
06-09-2006, 09:34 PM
I heard the rainbows are ****** but there's so many to choose from I have no idea what to even look for. Plus I don't know what prices they all are, is there any websites that sell them?

Contact 6spdcoupe on here, he'll be able to give you the full run down on what product best fits your needs.

Beerdrnkr
06-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Contact 6spdcoupe on here, he'll be able to give you the full run down on what product best fits your needs.
Cool, thanks for your help.