PDA

View Full Version : F150 Component Install

naiku
06-09-2006, 09:07 AM
I have been hunting around on Google and a bunch of Ford websites for this information, but so far am finding very little that's any actual help.

In the next few days I plan to order new speakers for my truck (2000 F150) and at the moment have settled on 4 coaxials (Infinity Kappa's) to go in both front and rear. However, I know that components will give me a better sound than coaxials, so have been debating spending 3/4 of my budget on front components, and then 1/4 on some coaxials for rear fill. So my questions are:

1) I don't want the tweeter visible, I want to retain the stock look (and don't want any holes drilled/cut in my dash/doors) so can anyone tell me if there is space in the stock speaker locations in a 2000 F150 to fit a 5x7 component (woofer, tweeter and crossover).

2) With the component (tweeter and woofer) in the door like that, will I still notice a difference between a component and a decent coaxial?

3) Are the Alpine Type R components any good? vs Infinity Reference?

Thanks.

naiku
06-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Bump!! Anyone???? :crap:

Ok, another option.......... does anyone have any experience or opinion on Boston Acoustics SL80's? I have found them for $188 and from what I have read (not much) they are very good speakers.

Ok it takes up a big chunk of my budget ($200 for 4 speakers) but I am debating leaving the rear's as standard (I almost never have anyone in the back, and can always throw in some replacements in the back at a later date). I then only need to shop for a 2 channel amp which opens up some more options on cost/install.

Thanks.